Gorgeous, thank you once again sourav.

~Seleukos.I.Nikator~'s Avatar Campidoctor
    The United Europe, currently residing in Norway

Default Re: Unit Cards For DeI

Really cool! Well done, sourav!

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    Wow! Nice!!

These cards will be added in the next mod fix update for sure!
    Dresden, is it possible to make a submod that keeps Rusty's older Roman unit cards?

Included these cards in today's mod update. Thanks again sourav for all the hard work!!

@Roma Yes thats possible, you can just copy the ones from part 2 currently in the mod. I added the new ones to part 1 for now.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    Included these cards in today's mod update. Thanks again sourav for all the hard work!!

@Roma Yes thats possible, you can just copy the ones from part 2 currently in the mod. I added the new ones to part 1 for now.
    Okay great. Can you tell me how to extract the file?

yes, please give us option to keep old cards

I am honestly surprised at the reaction a lot of people are having. Everyone has been asking for new Roman cards for over a year, since the old ones didn't match the equipment on our overhauled roster. The new ones have a lot more color and match the units. I know its easy to get attached to a certain look and get comfortable with that, but I think if you give them time you will realize these match the units a lot better.

Here is a submod with the old cards https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...man-Unit-Cards
    Last edited by Dresden; October 02, 2019 at 03:11 PM.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

nikossaiz's Avatar Decanus

unit cards is a vital part of UI and after a while you learn to recognise units "in the heat of battle" at a glance.Vanilla cards were super hard to see the differnce between units and when you introduced a "rome1" style cards many people felt relief and gratittude beacause were usefull in a major way and some were allready familliar with them from previous total war games! These new souravs' cards are mostly aesthetic changes and when they blend with the old ones some people perhaps feel off. so that is propably why many people react this way. Is the usual reaction to something new that puts you off from a familiar routine. I myself would prefer a little less saturation but is an overall good step forward. Great work! hope sourav keep it up!

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

"De gustibus"
    I always prefer what's new, honestly, and since the new roman UI are well done (at least as they were before) I just prefer them.
    But I get people who are used with the old one.
    I think that in some months everyone will play with the new ones

Without proper saturation/color, unit cards would sort of blend in and look the same at a glance, it takes a bit of time to get used to something as well.

Also, preferences do change... I went from hating Vanilla Rome 2 cards on release, and only using Bullgod's... but last few years it's been strictly Normal's icons and it's variants, and recently I'm back to mostly Vanilla Rome 2 cards because they're so clean and simple.

I like the new unit cards. DeI needed a fresh coat of paint to spice things up. I think the issue most people have with the new unit cards is that, on the custom battle menu, where the unit cards are smaller than the ones from the campaign, they look too colourful and less distinct.

Foederatus

Oh my god! I uninstalled all mods, then the game itself and re-installed.... all because i thought that something isn't right.. and then i saw this thread.
    I thought that i have a conflict that messes up my unit cards. Great work mate, but for now and out of habit i ll keep the old ones. But i ll sure give them a try at the future.

Foederatus

Nice and clear unit icons, I mean those new ones, I like them very much and I have a request:-) Can you make , I mean finish the work you have started on new icons for DEI Empire Divied? Your icons, you have made so far, have somehow saved the campaign playing as Roman factions becasue the original ones (vanilla) dont go with the whole system of AoR and mercenaris in DEI and DEI`s icons. I know that AoR and mercenaries and townguard DEI in ED campaign are for now put aside but it seems to be playable anyway and I think your work gives it a bright light and hope for the future:-)

Quote Originally Posted by Jackar17 View Post
    Nice and clear unit icons, I mean those new ones, I like them very much and I have a request:-) Can you make , I mean finish the work you have started on new icons for DEI Empire Divied? Your icons, you have made so far, have somehow saved the campaign playing as Roman factions becasue the original ones (vanilla) dont go with the whole system of AoR and mercenaris in DEI and DEI`s icons. I know that AoR and mercenaries and townguard DEI in ED campaign are for now put aside but it seems to be playable anyway and I think your work gives it a bright light and hope for the future:-)
    will do it but not soon

You're working hard sourav

When the next batch will be available? The game feels incomplete without the rest of the unit cards. By the way, great work sourav!

the spartan unit cards look great! they represent the corresponding unit equipment perfectly! fantastic work! once all unit cards are done the mod will feel complete!

Quote Originally Posted by Vladdy Daddy View Post
    When the next batch will be available? The game feels incomplete without the rest of the unit cards. By the way, great work sourav!
    in december