Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Make War Not Love: Attila vs CoH 2; new DLC will be revealed

Default Make War Not Love: Attila vs CoH 2; new DLC will be revealed

CA decided to jump on this again this year ( http://youtu.be/p4K8LwZnZQc?t=5m28s ) .

I im not very optimistic about this since we lost 2 years in a row - also due to some cheating from CoH side, but this time with Attila and its small playerbase i really doubt this is possible.

If we win though, we get a new DLC for free, which is very nice. It also seems that they will use this campaign to advertise this DLC, so regardless its going to be interesting to see what they have in store for us.
    War is Hell, and I'm the Devil!

Default Re: Make War Not Love: Attila vs CoH 2; new DLC will be revealed

please be slavs please be slavs please be slavs

FrozenmenSS's Avatar Senator

There is nothing left to be added as the slavs as dlc.Good low investment for fast profit from Eastern Slavic Europe. CA got big markets there.

Darios's Avatar Ex Oriente Lux

Quote Originally Posted by jan_boruta View Post
    please be slavs please be slavs please be slavs
    Fingers crossed!

I'm totally neutral in the Make War Not Love thing. CoH2 is a very good game and I would not begrudge getting any freebies for that either. I can't wait to see what DLCs are going to be offered.
    Under the Patronage of PikeStance

Dontfearme22's Avatar Campidoctor

If its not Slavs a good half of the Attila forum is gonna collectively detonate.

Good low investment for fast profit from Eastern Slavic Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by Dontfearme22 View Post
    If its not Slavs a good half of the Attila forum is gonna collectively detonate.
    Well I don't see nomadic dlc. Expecially the Bulgarians.The Reason? How CA handled the feedback for adding them was HUGE FAIL. And Expecially the AOC dlc,where CA gave Bulgarian emblem for the Avars.This close to an arrogant move from CA will be remembered for years from the Bulgarian players....Just Imagine In Medieval 3 France gets the English 3 Lions emblem as faction sign.

For Caucasian Dlc It can be easily simulated with Armenia FLC that can have Caucasian units from the Region.

I See no other dlc than the Slavs.

Lugotorix's Avatar non flectis non mutant

I see a Slavic DLC and a Caucasian FLC. Or Vice Versa. Either would allow a full roster for 6+ factions needed in the Caucuses/Steppe. Then, thanks for the memories for Attila, other than mods. (which is a shame)
    Last edited by Lugotorix; January 27, 2016 at 10:10 AM.
    AUTHOR OF TROY OF THE WESTERN SEA: LOVE AND CARNAGE UNDER THE RULE OF THE VANDAL KING, GENSERIC
    THE BLACK-HEARTED LORDS OF THRACE: ODRYSIAN KINGDOM AAR
    VANDALARIUS: A DARK AGES GOTHIC EMPIRE ATTILA AAR

Quote Originally Posted by FrozenmenSS View Post
    ... where CA gave Bulgarian emblem for the Avars.This close to an arrogant move from CA will be remembered for years from the Bulgarian players....Just Imagine In Medieval 3 France gets the English 3 Lions emblem as faction sign.
    That soldier can be Avarian, Bulgarian, Romanian, Slavic, Persian, Khazar or of some other steppe faction, u should stop with that nonsense. There is no proof that vessel its 100% Bulgarian.

Anyway i noticed that CoH 2 has some stand alone DLCs like The British Forces, Ardenes etc., i hope that doesn't mean that they will include battles from these ones as well.
    War is Hell, and I'm the Devil!

Captain Arrrgh!'s Avatar I'z in yer grass

Please don't be slavs. Please don't be slavs.

Boy oh boy, Sega has put a lot of buns CA's oven, no entendre intended, maybe. Arena, Attila and Dorkhammer, oh my.

Definitely going to be the Slavs. This DLC was obviously not pre-planned, like the rest of the DLCs, whose content has been of course determined before the game's release. My guess is that the pro-Slav campaign that followed the Charlemagne leak was so passionate that CA was convinced that releasing them as DLCs would be both profitable and beneficial for their reputation. Can't blame them. The Slavs lack the exotic flavour of Haile Selassie Axum, but they have a huge potential market, Eastern Europe, which is also wealthy enough to afford the game and its DLCs. Berbers and Caucasians simply lack this appeal. Regarding the Free DLC, I wouldn't be surprised if it simply doesn't exist, being given that the entire DLC might be free, but if it does, then it's going to be Armenia.

Darios's Avatar Ex Oriente Lux

Quote Originally Posted by Lugotorix View Post
    I see a Slavic DLC and a Caucasian FLC. Or Vice Versa. Either would allow a full roster for 6+ factions needed in the Caucuses/Steppe. Then, thanks for the memories for Attila, other than mods. (which is a shame)
    You know...as much as I love Armenia, I don't think I can see it happening as FLC alongside a Slavic Cultural Pack. The reason being is that we now have a shiny new Sarmatian roster. It would be more typical of CA to copy and paste that to the Iazyges, give them 2-3 new units, and make them a playable Great Migrator.

That wouldn't be a bad thing though. It would mean that there is hope for a future Caucasian factions DLC. It would require more than a cheap FLC with 2-3 new units in order to properly do Armenia justice. I want to ultimately see the Caucasus region given a lot of love.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Arrrgh! View Post
    Please don't be slavs. Please don't be slavs.
    I love you too ^_^
    Under the Patronage of PikeStance

So CA is losing to the whiny annoying nationalists...GG. They will whine even more when the next game comes out, because the more you give them the more they would want it. I hope CA is ready to handle the heat when the DLC is released, because I am 100% positive that the nationalists will complain about the factions not being "accurate", and the unit appearances...and no do not expect chain mail masks, in fact they barley wore any armor.

I am ready to eat up all the Slavic hate coming at me

I still hope to see the Caucasians and mountainous fearless warriors of Caucasia in action. That will be very original and wont like to any other DLCs that CA has released for Attila or Rome 2 Total Wars.
    Through your intercession I hope to see the light of Thy son and the light of everlasting ages !

To be honest, although I would really love a new campaign (Julian, Heraclius/Caliphate....) I would wish for this one to be the final one that truly brings the main campaign to life: add region trading, add peaceful anexation of puppet states, add some historical accuracy and love to the sassanids and fill the void that is Eastern and North Eastern Europe

Whatever both sides will offer (for free if they win) isn't going to be great anyways.

Also, for the last two years CoH2's rewards have been the same. Last year you got the great addition of plain vehicle skins with blood spatter, something literally anyone with MS paint can do if they put in the effort and time. Commanders were the same, well at least the same commanders that got nerfed. Relic made FOUR new commanders since then, so I do not foresee some sort of new commanders...in any case their website has been down since Dec 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanest View Post
    That soldier can be Avarian, Bulgarian, Romanian, Slavic, Persian, Khazar or of some other steppe faction, u should stop with that nonsense. There is no proof that vessel its 100% Bulgarian.

Anyway i noticed that CoH 2 has some stand alone DLCs like The British Forces, Ardenes etc., i hope that doesn't mean that they will include battles from these ones as well.
    Ya Wikipedia is always wrong. ..This speculation is the only place where Khazars were in Central Europe....Good Sugestion....LOL (from the comunist academia at the time)
    What's next?

The Northern Bulgarian capitals of Pliska and Preslav were Khazarian cities in the 9-10th century century with high Persian culture in their pre - cristianity period??(The same Sassanid Persian cultural influence onto the nomads till the 7th century)

The treasure was buried in the Bulgarian teratory ,populated by Bulgarians in the late 9th- 10th century - DNA Samples from graves from Hungarian scientists in the area. It's solid fact that There were no Avars left East of the middle Danube plain in the late 9th,10th and 11th century. After the Conquest of Transilvania, Banat region in the early 11th century the DNA in the graves became with Hungarian DNA. So its not even an contest.

In Wikipedia there is at least 10 years or more Lag about the correcting of Communist era wrong theories about Eastern Europe's history.Now the Turkic theory for the Huns Bulgarians Avars and other nomadic nations from the 4th mid 6th centuries now a sciencetific hypothesis - not a theory but CA went for the Fast grab of money From Turkey as a good market and so on.....
    Last edited by FrozenmenSS; January 28, 2016 at 09:25 AM.

Antiokhos Euergetes's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Slavic factions are a must! Provided they make the effort to do some research for the time periods.

Vardan the Great's Avatar Campidoctor

Having the First Christian Kingdom in the History with Zoroastrian buildings in towns, Persian emblems and units in armies, as I see, is quite acceptable for you guys. Surely there is no possibility to keep a solid discussion cuz in the forums there are no certain rules and over-watchers. So I am out.
    P.S. I thought nothing could be worse than Kingdom of Armenia represented in Rome 2, but never say never, so I got a worse peace of in Attila TW. Better to remove this faction and not to name this piece of absurd as "Armenia".
    "An unexpected death is a death, an intended death - immortality"
    (c) Vardan Sparapet, before the Battle of Avarayr

Quote Originally Posted by Vardan the Great View Post
    Having the First Christian Kingdom in the History with Zoroastrian buildings in towns, Persian emblems and units in armies, as I see, is quite acceptable for you guys. Surely there is no possibility to keep a solid discussion cuz in the forums there are no certain rules and over-watchers. So I am out.
    P.S. I thought nothing could be worse than Kingdom of Armenia represented in Rome 2, but never say never, so I got a worse peace of in Attila TW. Better to remove this faction and not to name this piece of absurd as "Armenia".
    I agree with you totally bro.

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast