Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: status report

Sigma's Avatar Ducenarius

Default status report

I have kind of lost hope in this mod ever getting released. I mean from the previews it looks great but it's been years since the last real update. Can we get a confirmation of death or something? Or is there still the slight hope that progress is being made every now and then.

Default Re: Not to be a downer or anything...

Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    I have kind of lost hope in this mod ever getting released. I mean from the previews it looks great but it's been years since the last real update. Can we get a confirmation of death or something? Or is there still the slight hope that progress is being made every now and then.
    Disculpen no hablo ingles pero estoy de acuerdo con esta cuestión, se puede considerar la lamentable situación de este mod ya como definitivamente muerto ya que no se sabe nada desde hace tiempo, admitanlo las secuelas de rome II y Attila volcaron mas su atención que con los mods que realmente falta terminar y hacer su lanzamiento, es mi sencilla opinión.

tomySVK's Avatar Campidoctor

Maybe there is a slow development behind the scene, I think we should be patient.

For example I´m also wainting for IB: Restitutor Orbis, the mod was announced in 2008 and it´s not completed yet. But the team of only few devoted members is working on it.

Come on guys, let's be honest : we all know we'll never see this "mod". It has been abandonned years ago. I just don't understand why its creators just don't admit the failure. No shame, everybody can understand that real life issues, and surely the size of that kind of project are serious challenges.

demagogos nicator's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Majorien View Post
    Come on guys, let's be honest : we all know we'll never see this "mod". It has been abandonned years ago. I just don't understand why its creators just don't admit the failure. No shame, everybody can understand that real life issues, and surely the size of that kind of project are serious challenges.
    I rather think developers just do not want to give up despite they do not have time at the moment to finish the mod. They probably still hope they will find time to renew their efforts and release the finished product. It is not easy to give up on your work you have been working on for years. Beside that according to the previews I think that most of the work on the mod is alredy done (I would guess about 70 to 88 %) and the mod just lack units fro certain factions.

Pompeius Magnus's Avatar primus inter pares

Quote Originally Posted by demagogos nicator View Post
    (I would guess about 70 to 88 %) and the mod just lack units fro certain factions.
    ...and this is exactly the case. I play in my beta on a nearly finished new map with new 3D cities and many other features.

@Majorien
    If you have some free time, just join the team, you'll get a far developed beta and you can spend many hours to balance the factions, create some models for the remainaing 5 or 6 factions on base of existing models and give all units some new stats. If you can handle this you are welcome to join the party.
    By the way, Ages of Darkness 1 has already been developed and released many years ago. That's also the reason why our "mod" should be shifted from "mods in development" to "roman time frame". In this case I have to speak with one of our admins next time.
    So, why you put the term "mod" in quotation marks? This is not entirely clear to me. And why we have to "admit the failure". What kind of failure is it? What have you done for our community in the 12 months of your short membership? You probably don't know that I and many others of my team-members were writing academical articles here on TWCenter, that we helped other mods in creating models or making new textures, we discussed military and economical aspects of the 6th and 7th centuries also for other modifications, that I was (beside the team-leader DaVinci) responsible for the release of the mod "chivalry".
    I still get private messages from other teams to develop unit rosters, help in historical matters based on that what we have researched for AoD2 years ago. So, I cannot see any kind of failure if members of this community still have a certain benefit by reading our articles and asking for our experiences.
    Furthermore, I would like to recall that some of the best 3D model-makers were working for AoD2 once - Wundai for buildings, empio and morfeasnikos for units. I may say we had always a phantastic team - sometimes working with me until midnight. However, also those model-makers were faced with changes in their life and they left the community here at TWCenter (at least Wundai and empio) - and this was a big problem for us - not to say that we have also lost friends.
    So, once more: when the project is cancelled or when I retire I will announce that officially and send all models for units and buildings etc. to the project-leaders and friends of mine from Invasio Barbarorum (esp. to Joar, Julianus Heraclius and Riothamus).
    To the reasons for the huge delay I just can say that house-building and book-writing is very time consuming. But this will of course end one day. AoD2 hasn't retired, it is pending - that's all I can say at the moment.
    Last edited by Pompeius Magnus; March 02, 2016 at 08:04 PM.

Here is my answsers :
    1. This a forum, so everyone's opinion has the right to be expressed, including mine. Deal with it.
    2. I called it mod with question marks just because for now it doesn't exist, that's all.
    3. Failure is certainly a "big word", surely because of my (very) poor english. Let's say the abandonment ? That's how a call a project with zero news for months, started 8 years ago.
    4. I'm perfectly aware of all the issues wich can prevent a modder from achieving his tasks. I already wrote it before. And that's fine. Real life and its hazard sometimes turn mods something insignificant. I know that.
    5. I'm sure you are an incredibly important inspirational personality of the modding community. Not the more modest.
    6. If one day AOD2 will be released, be sure i'll be the first to play with it, and if it is great, i'll write it without problems. the point is, after 8 years, i no longer believe i'll see it. Proove me i'm wrong and i'll we be delighted ! ;-)

Pompeius Magnus's Avatar primus inter pares

@Majorien
    Opinions are always welcome of course.
    But to put the term "mod" regarding AoD2 in quotation marks and say that we should admit any kind of failure is - at least - not nice.
    But I'm sure we have understood your point now and thank you for your opinion.

@waspcelta
    la próxima vez escribirme un mensaje privado - también en español.
    El proyecto es, por supuesto, no la muerte.
    Last edited by Pompeius Magnus; March 03, 2016 at 04:27 PM.

leoni's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: status report

i like to see that still life is in here, so if you be able to play a beta with such wonderful features, could you share some impressions, screens-or video from the current state of the mod and its unique features....
    i really would love this....

z3n's Avatar State of Mind
    took an arrow to the knee

It is nice to hear it is nearly done. Also EB2 took around the same time.
    Last edited by z3n; March 07, 2016 at 01:16 PM.
    The AI Workshop Creator
    Europa Barbaroum II AI/Game Mechanics Developer
    The Northern Crusades Lead Developer
    Classical Age Total War Retired Lead Developer
    Rome: Total Realism Animation Developer
    RTW Workshop Assistance MTW2 AI Tutorial & Assistance
    Broken Crescent Submod (M2TW)/IB VGR Submod (BI)/Animation (RTW/BI/ALX)/TATW PCP Submod (M2TW)/TATW DaC Submod (M2TW)/DeI Submod (TWR2)/SS6.4 Northern European UI Mod (M2TW)

b0Gia de Bodemloze's Avatar Europa Barbarorum Dev

Could you provide some working links?
    Under the Patronage of Veteraan.
    Proud member of Europa Barbarorum 2 team, developer of EBNOM, developer of EB 1.21, developer of Diadochi Total War, developer of Hegemonia City States and creator of one modpack for Megas Alexandros.

Quote Originally Posted by Majorien View Post
    Here is my answsers :
    1. This a forum, so everyone's opinion has the right to be expressed, including mine. Deal with it.
    2. I called it mod with question marks just because for now it doesn't exist, that's all.
    3. Failure is certainly a "big word", surely because of my (very) poor english. Let's say the abandonment ? That's how a call a project with zero news for months, started 8 years ago.
    4. I'm perfectly aware of all the issues wich can prevent a modder from achieving his tasks. I already wrote it before. And that's fine. Real life and its hazard sometimes turn mods something insignificant. I know that.
    5. I'm sure you are an incredibly important inspirational personality of the modding community. Not the more modest.
    6. If one day AOD2 will be released, be sure i'll be the first to play with it, and if it is great, i'll write it without problems. the point is, after 8 years, i no longer believe i'll see it. Proove me i'm wrong and i'll we be delighted ! ;-)

Can you give us any news PM?

Sigma's Avatar Ducenarius

Quote Originally Posted by tomySVK View Post
    Can you give us any news PM?
    He hasn't been around since August.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    He hasn't been around since August.
    I hope he will come back and we will be able to play this mod.

crazyroman's Avatar Artifex

Majorien what exactly are you doing ?

laughing, I think it's pretty clear. To give lessons is one thing, to be able to do another. and I have a long memory, even in this cemetery.

crazyroman's Avatar Artifex

Have you been a modder ? Maybe these guys wanted to complete it and something happened in their lives.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast