Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Free People in Roma Surrectum:

Default Re: Free People in Roma Surrectum:

When I was playing with Pergamum and laid siege on the Kingdom of Nicomedia, a full stack of Free People attacked me in the back.
    German units.
    Kill a few men and you're a murderer,
    kill a million and you're a conquerer.

The free people innovation is HUGE. IT makes a real difference in everything -- Bravo. Bravo. -- it's been great to also be able to take over "Free People" cities that are well developed -- also getting on the economic bad side of the free people is not fun -- and if your enemies have trading rights with them and you don't, you're in trouble -- they're navy is also quite the pain -- they blockade quite a bit -- THe Free People innovation is the single best feature of the mod and there are several great features to choose from.

so do the 'slave' free people attack or are they just the normal slave and the 'briton' free people are the only ones you can attack and do diplomacy with?
    "we're way way pre-alpha and what that means is there is loads of features not just in terms of the graphics but also in terms of the combat and animations that actually aren't in the game yet.So the final game is actually gonna look way way better than this!” - James Russell, CA
    Just like the elephant animation, this Carthage scenario is actually in the game, it just has a small percantage factor for showing up, that's all...

Beware of scoundrels

Nellup's Avatar Campidoctor

You can't do diplomacy with the slaves, but they will attack you if your garrisons on a border with them are weak enough.
    "A wise man speaks because he has something to say; a fool because he has to say something" - Plato

Brusilov's Avatar Local Moderator
    Citizen

I've seen the 'slave' free people attack the free people (the ones you can trade and ally with). I've also seen it happen the other way.

It certainly helps at the start of a campaign to get a trade agreement with the free people to help kick start your economy.

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

War Thunder TWC Player Names: here

Quote Originally Posted by Brusilov View Post
    I've seen the 'slave' free people attack the free people (the ones you can trade and ally with). I've also seen it happen the other way.

It certainly helps at the start of a campaign to get a trade agreement with the free people to help kick start your economy.
    Except I find that the Free People are blocking my expansion, so I have to declare war on them, which pretty much prohibits any trading for most of the game, although I can sometimes make up with them a bit later.
    "A wise man speaks because he has something to say; a fool because he has to say something" - Plato

Brusilov's Avatar Local Moderator
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Nellup View Post
    Except I find that the Free People are blocking my expansion, so I have to declare war on them, which pretty much prohibits any trading for most of the game, although I can sometimes make up with them a bit later.
    It depends on which faction you are playing. They do block your expansion after a while but they also act as a buffer between you and the other factions at the start.

It's best to start trading with them at the start of a campaign.

Once I've taken the settlements I need from them I've managed to get a ceasefire and trade rights again. Sometimes it needs a bit of money to sweeten the deal. I've also had occasions when they refuse any offers.

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

War Thunder TWC Player Names: here

Xavier Dragnesi's Avatar Esse quam videre

I've always admired this idea of Free People, they enhance the game so much and add a lot of challenge to it, which in turn makes the mod a lot more fun.

Wow...I've just realised how old this thread is, looking at the pictures on page one sure shows how far RS has come.

Xavier Dragnesi's Avatar Esse quam videre

Quote Originally Posted by Nellup View Post
    Wow...I've just realised how old this thread is, looking at the pictures on page one sure shows how far RS has come.
    Yet still only two pages long

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier Dragnesi View Post
    Yet still only two pages long
    People are speechless because its such a good idea and there is nothing to complain about

**RS Dev Team***Reciprocal Repper!* RIP Calvin- you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusTullius View Post
    People are speechless because its such a good idea and there is nothing to complain about
    True, THIS IS THE FREE PEOPLE !!!!! *kicks you in a bottomless pit*

how can i delete the free peoples or leave them to only terra incogniota in my games the ai never expand into them always goes around them

ferike_2007's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Fredo125 View Post
    how can i delete the free peoples or leave them to only terra incogniota in my games the ai never expand into them always goes around them
    Forget them, and start to play RS3.1. Quickly!!!
    Have fun!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12