Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: SUBMODS: Music Overhaul, New Byzantine settlement textures and no region borders on mini-map

jurcek1987's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: SUBMODS: Music Overhaul, New Byzantine settlement textures and no region borders on mini-map

Well they are made for SSHIP settlement models. You can copy the whole data/models_strat/residences folder from SSHIP into vanilla SS and you'll have the (far superior) settlement models plus my Roman textures in SS. Why would you want to play vanilla though ? SSHIP is light years ahead.

Default Re: SUBMODS: Music Overhaul, New Byzantine settlement textures and no region borders on mini-map

Thanks Jurcek, I like to play late campaign and so far if I am not wrong SSHIP does not have it

It does actually, starts at 1236. But it's still beta.

Uh well sounds like I did not understand well the installation process... anyway I will give it a try

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

When you start a new campaign, you can choose between Early or High eras. High Era Campaign starts in 1236 AD.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Dear Jurcek, your music mod is great, is it compatible with other mods, too? Thank you for a reply

Greets Marc

Well it depends on the mod. You can try it but backup descr_sounds_music.txt first. If the mod uses same cultures than SS it should work, if not, you'll have to edit the aforementioned file manually. But don't worry, it's very easy.

Chris P. Bacon's Avatar Semisalis

Thank you for these submods, but I must ask is there any way to remove certain tracks from the music overhaul? I swear half of the music I hear is from LOTR and while I love that to death I can't say it fits my Byzantine campaign very well.

Yeah sure, open export_sounds_music.txt in the data folder and there you'll find the playlist

can you add music from rome 1? there are some amazing songs from that game, i think they are made by the same people who made the music for medieval 2.

also some of the songs from civilization 5, there are a lot of thematic songs that can fit different factions.

Umm Jurcek can you do minimap thing for SS 6.4. I would love no borders.

Hey, that's super easy to do yourself. Just open data/descr_sm_factions.txt and change the secondary colour of each faction to match the primary one. So just change this

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

faction venice
    culture southern_european
    religion catholic
    symbol models_strat/symbol_venice.CAS
    rebel_symbol models_strat/symbol_rebels.CAS
    primary_colour red 121, green 18, blue 18
    secondary_colour red 65, green 0, blue 0
    loading_logo loading_screen/symbols/symbol128_venice.tga
    standard_index 0
    logo_index FACTION_LOGO_VENICE
    small_logo_index SMALL_FACTION_LOGO_VENICE
    triumph_value 5
    custom_battle_availability yes
    can_sap no
    prefers_naval_invasions yes
    can_have_princess yes
    has_family_tree teutonic

To this

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

faction venice
    culture southern_european
    religion catholic
    symbol models_strat/symbol_venice.CAS
    rebel_symbol models_strat/symbol_rebels.CAS
    primary_colour red 121, green 18, blue 18
    secondary_colour red 121, green 18, blue 18
    loading_logo loading_screen/symbols/symbol128_venice.tga
    standard_index 0
    logo_index FACTION_LOGO_VENICE
    small_logo_index SMALL_FACTION_LOGO_VENICE
    triumph_value 5
    custom_battle_availability yes
    can_sap no
    prefers_naval_invasions yes
    can_have_princess yes
    has_family_tree teutonic

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Nicely done! You deserve +1 rep.

I took parts from movies like Kingdom of Heaven, 13th Warrior, King Arthur, Gladiator, Alexander, First Knight, Braveheart, LOTR, Conan, a few from Two Steps from Hell and others.
    Heh! That's funny, because my own personal music modification includes Kingdom of Heaven, King Arthur, Gladiator, Alexander, and Two Steps from Hell, in addition to Audiomachine stuff and X-Ray Dog. Speaking of the latter, I love this song and had to add it into my own game as a marching song for the battle map:

Nemesis2345's Avatar Semisalis

Ok , sorry for necroing this thread but it seems the last version of SSHIP 0 9 5 doesnt work with this or im doing smth wrong, i copy paste and when i delet the idx files the game has the music but the voices of the units on campaign map is no more, if i return the deleted idx and dat files back the game starts as normal but without the music, the music is still in the sounds folder but not used....any ideeas

Yeah , sorry for necroing , any chance the music link could be brought back to life? I remember using your music for quite a while but after i reinstalled windows few months ago i had to delete everything , and now i cant download the music one.

If not , anyone here has some cool m2tw music mod or files i can use? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis2345 View Post
    Yeah , sorry for necroing , any chance the music link could be brought back to life? I remember using your music for quite a while but after i reinstalled windows few months ago i had to delete everything , and now i cant download the music one.

If not , anyone here has some cool m2tw music mod or files i can use? Thanks
    Hi! I've been piling up a playlist for some months, it has become pretty large by now, i made it for the sship, at first for personal use (also i attempted to make it faction specific ) but i could post it as a mod if it's allowed here, otherwise i think i could share it with you if you're interested. I would complete it in a couple days.

Quote Originally Posted by Sindathar View Post
    Hi! I've been piling up a playlist for some months, it has become pretty large by now, i made it for the sship, at first for personal use (also i attempted to make it faction specific ) but i could post it as a mod if it's allowed here, otherwise i think i could share it with you if you're interested. I would complete it in a couple days.
    Damn i was losing all hope . Lifth would have to approve on that , might have something to do with copyright etc. If it cannot be made public , please private message me with a download link or add nemesis234567 on steam and we can talk there. Thank you , sir!

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

@ Sindathar, can you PM me a list of the musics you're using in your submod. So I can check that there's no copyright issue
    Thanks
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Quote Originally Posted by Lifthrasir View Post
    @ Sindathar, can you PM me a list of the musics you're using in your submod. So I can check that there's no copyright issue
    Thanks
    Well, now that i think about it, i used music from literally everything, i'm pretty sure it would be loaded with copyright because there are tons of tracks also , all because at first i intended it for personal use (i mean, not even modifying the game files, but just as a playlist). I guess i got overconfident seeing that people had already used various themes from famous movies, moreover, i'm really not that infomed about copyright, because i rarely buy music, sorry.

I suppose i could still share it with any particular person interested?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast