Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SUBMODS: Music Overhaul, New Byzantine settlement textures and no region borders on mini-map

jurcek1987's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default SUBMODS: Music Overhaul, New Byzantine settlement textures and no region borders on mini-map

Music Overhaul

I've compiled 60 tracks from various movie scores and other sources to (hopefully) improve the gameplay experience. I took parts from movies like Kingdom of Heaven, 13th Warrior, King Arthur, Gladiator, Alexander, First Knight, Braveheart, LOTR, Conan, a few from Two Steps from Hell and others.

Extract into SSHIP folder, then go to data/sounds and delete events.dat, events.idx, music.dat and music.idx. Save-game compatible.

DOWNLOAD

New Byzantine settlement textures

I've been playing around with the settlement textures trying to create more realistic looking Byzantine settlements. Also notice the new ports and a unique Byzantine watchtower, reworking of the NE model.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Credit goes to Aura for his Theodosian wall textures.

Extract byzsettlements.rar into your SSHIP folder and overwrite. Save-game compatible.

No region borders on mini map

This is a very tiny addition that removes region borders on the radar map.

Copy the descr_sm_factions.txt into the SSHIP data folder and overwrite. Save-game compatible.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by jurcek1987; February 17, 2016 at 06:26 PM.

Default Re: New Byzantine settlement and watchtower models

And I thought somebody recognized the adjustments I did for the cities and fortresses of byzantium in SSHIP 0.9.. :/

Anyways, nice skins. Cities are a bit too much in my opinion, but the wooden castle looks really sweet.

By the way:
    Would be nice you could send me one of those pictures together with a one-sentence description via PM so I can update the "Additional Options" Post with it.

Default Re: New Byzantine settlement and watchtower models

Sorry didn't notice any changes, but in truth I haven't played SSHIP since autumn. And I've been meaning to send you the files but then I noticed this subforum and just posted them myself. You really don't like the cities? Personally I love how the cities look but don't like the castles .

Oh, forgot to write instructions in the op, simply extract the files in your SSHIP folder and overwrite when asked. And the title is wrong, it should be new settlement textures not models.

Default No region borders on mini map

This is a very tiny addition that removes region borders on the radar map.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled.png 
Views:	83 
Size:	84.6 KB 
ID:	334064

Copy into the SSHIP data folder and overwrite. Save-game compatible.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by jurcek1987; January 21, 2016 at 05:35 PM.

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Default Re: No region borders on mini map

You should have updated your other thread instead of creating a new one
    Try to imagine how many threads we'll have if everybody creates a new thread for each new feature of his submod!!!

To be moved to "New Byzantine settlement and watchtower models".
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

I would have if I could change the title of the old thread.

Quote Originally Posted by jurcek1987 View Post
    I would have if I could change the title of the old thread.
    Click Edit on the opening post, then select Go Advanced. There you can edit the title.

Thank you PerXX! I've updated the old thread, please delete this one. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus

Blog Entries

No problem. I asked the LM to move it into the other one but if you prefer to delete, that's fine for me. I let them to decide
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Default Re: SUBMODS: Music Overhaul, New Byzantine settlement textures and no region borders on mini-map

Thanks Jurcek 1987 . Love the music and Byzantium has always been my favourite faction so nice to have new settlement models.
    Classical World - overhaul mod for Hegemony 3 , Clash of The Ancients. The Real Time Grand Strategy equivalent of Total War
    https://www.moddb.com/mods/classical-world-5

Default Re: SUBMODS: Music Overhaul, New Byzantine settlement textures and no region borders on mini-map

Tnx, though for some reason certain tracks never appear in my campaigns . I'll have to look into it.

epic music jurcek!!! now is more funny play with this music!! and you can borrow me your byzantines units for my sship? about that you show katapractorai, varangian guard...
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

Those units are not mine to give. They are from Broken Crescent and I would need their permission first.

Thanks for the music and the borderless minimap, they work perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by wojtekimbier View Post
    Thanks for the music and the borderless minimap, they work perfectly.

Criticisms, comments or suggestions are always welcome. Currently there are 60 tracks, I want to reach at least 100 if possible so the music doesn't become stale. I also didn't distinguish between different cultures, everyone has the same music. I know very few Arabic soundtracks and I also wouldn't know what is the difference between northern and southern European music for example. No, my primary aim was to find tracks that sound good and epic (at least to me) and who would improve the campaign and battle experience. A good score is meant to elevate the scene it accompanies, they do not have to completely replicate the visuals.

+Marius+'s Avatar Domesticus

Medafileupload is forbidden for me and probably a lot of other people.

I would advise you opening up a dropbox and uploading stuff there.

Ok, tnx for the tip. If someone could please confirm that the dropbox link works. I also added 13 additional tracks and I spent the last hour trying to find the amazing music from the Hollow Crown miniseries trailer that I've seen on the telly but without success .

+Marius+'s Avatar Domesticus

It works.

Yerevan's Avatar Campidoctor

Nice textures !
    " Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room! "

Hello jurcek

Any chance to have the new byzantine settlement textures also for SS 6.4 (without SSHIP installed obviously)?

Thanks

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast