Thread: Call of Warhammer for Mac

Default Call of Warhammer for Mac

Not long ago, MTW2 was released for Mac, and i have been trying to get Call of Warhammer (rage of the dark gods) to work. But it crashes on campaign start, and when starting battles (only with certain models i think)

Anyone know how to try to fix it?

Default Re: Call of Warhammer for Mac

There is a large amount of new players now playing on Mac, so if we could get it too work it would be great!

Laetus

Quote Originally Posted by Itza View Post
    There is a large amount of new players now playing on Mac, so if we could get it too work it would be great!
    As one of those new players, bumping.

I got it to launch on mac. I used a wineskin wrapper to run the exe installers, then in the launcher under advanced just typed in
    --features.mod=mods/RodG16
    I used the torrent to download because I wasn't going to wait for 3 days to DL. http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...e-Installation
    However, after installing 1.6 and all the patches, the game crashed after about 60 seconds no matter what.

Any updates regarding the matter? I would love to play the Call of Warhammer. I'm really impressed at how well the game's running on Mac, but Vanilla can only take you so far.

Has anyone tried taking out all the siege units? That worked for GOT

I managed to make custom battles playable on my Mac, you only need to delete the "settlements" folder in "Call_of_Warhammer/data"
    However campaign is still crashing at the start. I think it's because I'm unable to open the Warhammer.bat (I've tried with Wine), and because that executable is certainly needed to set up the campaign settings.
    I can't get the new Call of Warhammer version (Beginning of the End Times) to work too.
    We Mac users aren't lucky with mods on any TW game

Aexodus's Avatar Persuasion>Coercion
    Blog Entries

Does the bat simply decide which files to use and which not? If so maybe ask a pc player what they are. Just my two cents.
    Patronised by Pontifex Maximus
    Quote Originally Posted by Himster View Post
    The trick is to never be honest. That's what this social phenomenon is engineering: publicly conform, or else.

I have actually no idea, but if a pc player would like to answer this it would be really appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by Aexodus View Post
    Does the bat simply decide which files to use and which not? If so maybe ask a pc player what they are. Just my two cents.
    Yep, the .bat just says to launch the game and use the right modfolder.

Icon1 Re: Call of Warhammer for Mac

Quote Originally Posted by WhiffOfGrapeshot View Post
    Yep, the .bat just says to launch the game and use the right modfolder.
    I am web developer, never have work with mods, but i'll do my best to find a solution.
    this is what the file warhammer.bat says:

Code:
    cd ..\..
    start kingdoms.exe @mods\BOTET\Configuration.cfg
    I'll do some test changing this files and report the results.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitzuga View Post
    I am web developer, never have work with mods, but i'll do my best to find a solution.
    this is what the file warhammer.bat says:

Code:
    cd ..\..
    start kingdoms.exe @mods\BOTET\Configuration.cfg
    I'll do some test changing this files and report the results.
    Comparing warhammer.bat file with the one used in the Third Age mod, i see that there is no major difference. Since the Third Age mod works I believe the issue is somewhere else.

I have not applied the 4GB patch of BOTET, there's no kingdoms.exe file on Mac OS X version so I don't know how to.

1. Is there a threat with an explanation of how to apply the 4GB Patch on Mac version?
    2. What does the patch do? If a can understand the issues that the patch fixes then I can find/make an alternative for Mac.