Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1800 work in progress.

Default 1800 work in progress.

1800 mod team:

Sirlion: DB work, land BAI and land units stats, smoke, fire and sound effects. (Since May 2015)

General Brewster: Alpha-Betatester (Since november 2011)

GwooidgiDaLinux: Betatester (Since may 2015) and Linux adaptor.

Bethencourt: The rest of it by now. (Since November 2011)

Others contributions:

Sharp: some mod ships icons, from The Rebellion's Shipyard project.

Hi!

Here we will be posting the work for the next release from now on.

Ah, and you can make comments too.
    Last edited by Bethencourt; January 20, 2016 at 05:06 PM.

Default Re: 1800 work in progress.

I have started to make the Bavarian units, the early period ones, that are not in BETA II, but will be part of next release.

In next release major factions, at least, will be able to recruit the other factions units in the conquered faction capital so these units would form an international army as the one that invaded Russia or France.

Line infantry

Grenadiers

Light infantry.

Jägers

Guard.

Foot artillery

Horse artillery

The work on early Bavarian cavalry has started.

We are also revising at the moment land units stats so some of the common ones like citizens that went unmoded now will have consistant values with the mod ones. Also some light infantry is under revisión.

And we expect to release the Linux version of Beta II soon.
    Last edited by Bethencourt; January 20, 2016 at 11:15 AM.

Joseon194's Avatar Miles

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Quote Originally Posted by Bethencourt View Post
    I was saying before (I have the feeling of talking to an deaff old aunt) that I had started to make the Bavarian units, the early period ones, that are not in BETA II, but will be part of next release.

Also I said that in next reléase major factions, at least, will be able to recruit the other factions units in the conquered faction capital so these units would form an international army as the one that invaded Russia or France.

Line infantry

Grenadiers

Light infantry.

Jägers

Guard.

Foot artillery

Horse artillery

The work on early Bavarian cavalry has started.

We are also revising at the moment land units stats so some of the common ones like citizens that went unmoded now will have consistant values with the mod ones. Also some light infantry is under revisión.

And we expect to release the Linux version of Beta II soon.

And with the grand induction of Bethencourt and his mod, 1800, a 1000 gun salute and a 100 cannon salute was fired, ringing around TWC forums for all to hear.
    Last edited by Bethencourt; January 20, 2016 at 11:36 AM.
    "This is Stannis Baratheon. The man will fight to the bitter end and then some.

ok, thank you, I also pass the honour to Sirlion and Gwooidgi.
    Last edited by Bethencourt; January 20, 2016 at 11:36 AM.

Bavarian early chevaulegers.

Last edited by Bethencourt; January 23, 2016 at 06:58 PM.

Bavarian early dragons.

This mod is looking great!! just a suggestion, what do you think about more smoke for the cannons??

Thank you 007! We talked about that before release, but we decided to leave it like that to prevent the game from lagging. We will talk about it and take a decision. Good point, I had forgotten about this.

Domesticus

Congratulations!

Beautiful units!

Thank you crociato!

Civis

looks awesome!! are you going to change the bavarian flag?

example:
    https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kurf%C..._Kurbayern.gif

before bavaria became a kingdom

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flag_of_Bavaria

Thank you djiangooo! Well, that was not in the plan but it is a good idea.

I have not found a suggestions topic so I write here .I have an interesting idea. Is there a chance that in the future you will add to modification optional battles at night and blood? They could be activated or deactivated in the launcher.

It is ok to post them here. I cannot make that change for night battles nor the blood one, but who knows in the future I might be able to or any other modder can do it. Thank you for your suggestion.

Great mod Bethencourt, the new units look wonderful and are accurately depicted too. In my opinion this mod has many advantages over Napoleon Total War, the ability to play as many other countries really makes it much more enjoyable.

Hey! Very nice. Would love to play the Nap Wars on a proper world campaign map.

I shall keep an eye on this one.
    A Mod for Med2 Kingdoms:

THERA:REDUX

Click here:
    https://www.moddb.com/mods/thera-redux

Foederatus

Default Re: 1800, Beta II released.

Hi! How is the mod going? Are you planning for a next release?

Hi Duke!

Thank you for your interest in the mod and posting about it. I have been out of TWC for several months now and resting from five years of modding. I think I needed it, it was not planned but happened. But now I am starting to have the feeling, you know, that urge to jump into it. The work stopped in the Bavarian roster you can see above so I will restart with it. I answered your pm about morale.

Bavarian hussars, for the late period.

Last edited by Bethencourt; June 04, 2016 at 07:48 AM.

your units are amazing, could you add mexico faction?, please

First off, let me say I am enjoying the mod. I do have a few observations, if I may (feel free to ignore me).

i've been playing as the US, so some of this will not apply to all other factions. It's a little odd that it takes longer to train a single regiment of regulars than to build a 5th Rate. 6 turns, which in game time is 3 years. In that save ilk, it takes the same amount of time to train militia, who are not the same quality. Also, I can't seem to train any generic militia, or any units in foreign conquests (like Cuba). Militia "Dragoons" cannot dismount. Militia units cannot go into skirmish order, though this is true of every mod I've ever tried. I feel like skirmish order would be easier than standing a line,but maybe there's a historical reason for this I'm not aware of.

The US Congress passed a Navy act in 1794. USS Constitution, USS United States, and USS Constellation were all commissioned in 1797. USS President, USS Congress, and USS Chesapeake were all commissioned in 1800. There were a number of Brigs and Sloops as well, including USS Insurgent which was captured from the French during the Naval "Quasi War" the The US and Revolutionary France fought. The US Navy was small, but professional and well equipped and made itself felt against the Barbary States, France, and Great Britain in the War of 1812 in ship-to-ship actions and commerce raiding.

what I'm saying is, the US should have a Navy, and at least one Naval port (Yorktown, Boston, or Charlestown) along with an Admiralty as of 1800. And, probably another commercial port. The US was an export nation.

the "Iroquois Territory" as defined in the game should be under US Control. The US occupied Fort Niagra and the territory as of the Jay Treay in 1796.

there are a number of state regiments that either continued to exist in one form or another from the Revolutionary War or were reconstituted, like the 5th Maryland. While not "regulars" in the sense that they were formed by the Federal Government, they were equipped as such by the states. And, in the case of the 5th Maryland, some were well trained hard fighters. Whether they could actually form square or not, I don't know. My guess would be yes. It would be cool to add historical regiments, as well as Naval and Marine Corps Battaluons and batteries as sailors and Marines were often called upon to fight on land during the War of 1812. The Marines should be able to form square, the sailors probably not (I have not researched enough to enter the "late era" so they may exist in the game to be unlocked)

"upper Louisiana" isn't part of the tradational "Louisiana" as defined by the Louisiana Purchase. It is the Illinois Country/Indiana Territory/Northwest Territory that was captured from Britain during the Revolutionary War, and, therefore, should part of the US or under Native American Control. The following is a link to a map of US territorial expansion.

https://www.stratfor.com/sites/defau...?itok=nvZCExma

also, economically, the US cupboard is pretty bare in the mod. The 13 original Stares were pretty well developed.

Yes, I a man American. Yes, I am "homer." No, am not trying to be condescending. I just like the mod (this is the mod I've been hoping for) and would like to help improve it.

Thank you for your efforts. Let me know if I can help.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast