Thread: 1800 Beta II, glorious bugs.

Default 1800 Beta II, glorious bugs.

We know we are not perfect, but almost there.

So if you have something to say about it related to Beta II post it here. We will try to solve it or solve you.
    Last edited by Bethencourt; January 20, 2016 at 10:39 AM.

Default Re: 1800 Beta II, glorious bugs.

It was pointed out by a user that there was this bug in campaign list of armies. No matter the faction, the recruited by button generals have always the same name, half or so movement points and zero men in army, and they belive to be in France. Poor things!

Anyway, this bug is caused by the change made in generals and colonel campaign faction models and if no solution is found the change remains no matter the bug.

Last edited by Bethencourt; January 20, 2016 at 11:49 AM.

I have detected that late uniform submod and late french campaign uniform submod are not changing the early period uniforms of the British guard cavalry nor the heavy dragons ones, this has been fixed for next release.

consistent crash during battles involving armed populace in northern Europe (happened everytime vs Danes and Prussians).

*update* it seems to not be the primary factor in the glitch, will continue checking

*update* seems to be related to off map mortars from a reinforcing army. will keep testing
    Last edited by BazzBrother; August 25, 2016 at 08:18 PM.

minor nation 'Empire' infantry and grenadiers only used first line to fire. Just needed to check "Can Skirmish" in their Unit_Stats_Land_table

*this was only an issue with a few of them such as sweden and some others.
    Last edited by BazzBrother; October 19, 2016 at 07:31 PM.

Hi! Bazz, thank you for your feedback.

Every time I click grand campaign it always crashes. Please help!

Hi!

Please check if you have the campaign folders placed as intended.

Not sure if this is a bug or not. Playing as the US. I cannot recruit any line infantry or artillery. Is this by design, or the result of my settings (I, basically, turned all the options plus the US Loader on)

I'm still wary in the game, and, from what I've read, the US IS LIMITED FOR A GOOD WHILE.

Hi! yes, at the beginning of the campaign you can only recruit artillery and regular infantry in the main cities, in the other cities you only recruit militia, specific one of the place. Later when you discover the technologies you can have buildings that allow you to recruit regular units and artillery everywhere. This resembles the lack of an extense regular army in the USA and the preparation to war that was previous to 1812 war.

No, I mean I cannot recruit regulars or artillery at all. In major cities or otherwise.

Ah, I think I figured it out. I was launching it from the Road to independence,m. That was the problem. Thanks

I am still unable to recruit any units outside the territories I start with. Is there some setting I need to select/deselect?

I'm on Ubuntu 18.04. I followed the instructions in the doc, double checked that everything was lower case but the game keeps crashing in launch. Any help would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Kereltis View Post
    I'm on Ubuntu 18.04. I followed the instructions in the doc, double checked that everything was lower case but the game keeps crashing in launch. Any help would be appreciated.
    This is my "preferences.empire_script.txt", I added the mods at the very end, is this correct?

write_preferences_at_exit true; # write_preferences_at_exit <bool>, Write preferences at exit #
    app_multirun false; # app_multirun <bool>, Allow multiple instances of the application #
    x_res 1920; # x_res <int32>, Fixed window width #
    y_res 1080; # y_res <int32>, Fixed window height #
    x_pos 0; # x_pos <int32>, Window position #
    y_pos 0; # y_pos <int32>, Window position #
    vfs_log_level 0; # vfs_log_level <int32>, 0 - off, 1 - mod-user, 2 - dev #
    unit_test false; # unit_test <bool>, unit test (for daily build) #
    campaign_unit_multiplier 0.75; # campaign_unit_multiplier <float>, Set default unit multiplier for campaign #
    gfx_first_run false; # gfx_first_run <bool>, First time application run #
    gfx_video_memory 0; # gfx_video_memory <int>, Override available video memory (bytes) #
    gfx_fullscreen true; # gfx_fullscreen <bool>, Run the application in fullscreen or not #
    gfx_vsync false; # gfx_vsync <bool>, vertical synchronization #
    gfx_hdr false; # gfx_hdr <bool>, Use high dynamic range rendering pipeline #
    gfx_low_quality_shaders false; # gfx_low_quality_shaders <bool>, Use SM2 pixel shader code with SM3 vertex shaders and instancing. #
    gfx_shadermodel 1; # gfx_shadermodel <int>, Set shader model, 0-2.0, 1-3.0 #
    gfx_aa 0; # gfx_aa <int>, Set antialiasing, 0-no, 3-8x #
    gfx_texture_filtering 1; # gfx_texture_filtering <int>, Set texture filtering, 0-bilinear, 5- anisotropic 16x #
    gfx_texture_quality 2; # gfx_texture_quality <int>, Set the quality of textures. 0 - lowest, 3 - ultra #
    gfx_volumetric_effect false; # gfx_volumemtric_effect <bool>, volumetric fog on sea battle #
    gfx_ssao false; # gfx_ssao <bool>, Enable Screen Space Ambient Occlusion buffer #
    gfx_distortion false; # gfx_distortion <bool>, Enable Distortion Effect buffer #
    gfx_depth_of_field false; # gfx_depth_of_field <bool>, Enable Depth of Field effects #
    gfx_hardware_shadows false; # gfx_hardware_shadows <bool>, Enable hardware shadow mapping #
    gfx_sky_quality 2; # gfx_sky_quality <int>, Set the quality of sky. 0 - lowest, 3 - ultra #
    gfx_unit_quality 2; # gfx_unit_quality <int>, Set the quality of units. 0 - lowest, 3 - ultra #
    gfx_ship_quality 2; # gfx_ship_quality <int>, Set the quality of ships. 0 - lowest, 3 - ultra #
    gfx_building_quality 2; # gfx_building_quality <int>, Set the quality of buildings. 0 - lowest, 3 - ultra #
    gfx_water_quality 2; # gfx_water_quality <int>, Set the quality of water. 0 - lowest, 3 - ultra #
    gfx_unit_scale 2; # gfx_unit_scale <int>, Set unit scale. 0 - lowest, 3 - ultra #
    gfx_shadow_quality 3; # gfx_shadow_quality <int>, Set unit scale. 0 - off, 4 - ultra #
    gfx_tree_quality 2; # gfx_tree_quality <int>, Set unit scale. 0 - off, 4 - ultra #
    gfx_grass_quality 3; # gfx_grass_quality <int>, Set unit scale. 0 - off, 4 - ultra #
    gfx_terrain_quality 0; # gfx_terrain_quality <int>, Set unit scale. 0 - low, 1 - high #
    gfx_gamma_setting 2; # gfx_gamma_setting <float>, Set gamma correction #
    gfx_brightness_setting 1.2; # gfx_brightness_setting <float>, Set brightness #
    gfx_hardware_shadows false; # gfx_hardware_shadows <bool>, Enable hardware shadow mapping #
    gfx_disable_terrain_ao_gpu false; # gfx_disable_terrain_ao_gpu <bool>, Disable terrain ambient occlusion term. Supported only on ShaderModel 3.0 #
    gfx_screenshot_folder ./screenshots; # gfx_screenshot_folder <folder>, Folder to where save screenshots relative to Empire directory #
    gfx_fixed_env_map ; # gfx_fixed_env_map <filename>, cubemap for fixed env.map #
    camera_move_speed 100; # camera_move_speed <float>, Set camera movement speed #
    camera_turn_speed 5; # camera_turn_speed <float>, Set camera turn speed #
    default_camera_type 0; # default_battle_camera <card32>, default battle camera: 0-totalwar 1-rts 2-debug #
    enable_sound true; # enable_sound <bool>, enables all audio content (default = true). If disabled none of the database or sound pack files are loaded. #
    fix_res true; # fix_res <bool>, Forbid window resizing #
    fix_window_pos true; # fix_window_pos <bool>, Forbid window repositioning #
    mouse_wheel_sensitivity 50; # mouse_wheel_sensitivity <card32>, mouse wheel sensitivity: <0-100> default value = 50 #
    invert_cam_x_axis false; # invert_camera_x_axis <bool>, invert camera tilting up/down #
    invert_cam_y_axis false; # invert_camera_y_axis <bool>, invert camera panning left/right #
    local_player_name ; # local_player_name <name>, Name used to identify the local player on network and local battles #
    minimised_ui false; # minimised_ui <true|false>, show minimised ui #
    ui_order_button_mode 0; # ui_order_button_mode <0|1|2>, Only applicable with minimised ui. 0 = always, 1 = slide on, 2 = never #
    show_selection_markers true; # show_selection_markers <true|false>, Show the selection markers under the units #
    show_path_markers true; # show_path_markers <true|false>, Show paths in naval battles #
    show_target_zones true; # show_target_zones <true|false>, Show firing arcs etc #
    ui_order_button_mode 0; # ui_order_button_mode <0|1|2>, Only applicable with minimised ui. 0 = always, 1 = slide on, 2 = never #
    ui_card_mode 0; # ui_card_mode <0|1|2>, Only applicable with minimised ui. 0 = always, 1 = slide on, 2 = never #
    ui_radar_mode 0; # ui_radar_mode <0|1|2>, Only applicable with minimised ui. 0 = always, 1 = slide on, 2 = never #
    ui_land_unit_ids 0; # ui_land_unit_ids <0|1|2>, 0 = always, 1 = on mouse over, 2 = never #
    ui_naval_unit_ids 0; # ui_naval_unit_ids <0|1|2>, 0 = always, 1 = on mouse over, 2 = never #
    ui_mouse_scroll true; # ui_mouse_scroll <true|false>, Allow/disallow scrolling of the map by putting the cursor at the edge of the screen #
    battle_time_limit 60; # battle_time_limit <int>, Sets the time (in minutes) for each battle. -1 for unlimited #
    battle_difficulty 0; # battle_difficulty <int>, Sets the handicap for battles. Positive gives advantage. -2 is vhard, -1 is hard, 0 normal, 1 easy #
    autoresolve_difficulty 0; # autoresolve_difficulty <int>, Sets the handicap for battles that are autoresolved. Positive gives advantage. -2 is vhard, -1 is hard, 0 normal, 1 easy #
    campaign_difficulty 0; # campaign_difficulty <int>, Sets the handicap for campaigns. Positive gives advantage. -2 is vhard, -1 is hard, 0 normal, 1 easy #
    battle_advice_level 2; # battle_advice_level <int>, Sets advice level in the battle game #
    campaign_advice_level 2; # campaign_advice_level <int>, Sets advice level in the campaign game #
    campaign_time_limit -1; # campaign_time_limit <int>, Sets the time (in minutes) for each round of the campaign. -1 for unlimited #
    show_cpu_moves true; # show_cpu_moves <true|false>, Show/hide the movement of the ai pieces on the campaign map #
    automanage_regions false; # automanage_regions <true|false>, Let the AI manage taxes etc in players regions #
    limitless_ammo true; # show_cpu_moves <true|false>, Enable/disable Infinite ammo on battlefields #
    occupiable_building_markers true; # show_occupiable_building_markers <true|false>, Enable/disable occupiable building markers on battlefields #
    multithreaded_model_enabled true; # multithreaded_model_enabled <true|false>, Run the battle model on a separate thread #
    subtitles false; # subtitles <true|false>, Display subtitles during movies #
    sound_master_volume 100; # sound_master_volume <int>, master sound volume 0-100 #
    sound_music_volume 100; # sound_music_volume <int>, music sound volume 0-100 #
    sound_speech_volume 100; # sound_speech_volume <int>, speech sound volume 0-100 #
    sound_sfx_volume 100; # sound_sfx_volume <int>, sfx sound volume 0-100 #
    sound_master_enabled true; # sound_master_enabled <true|false>, master sound enabled #
    sound_music_enabled true; # sound_music_enabled <true|false>, music sound enabled #
    sound_speech_enabled true; # sound_speech_enabled <true|false>, speech sound enabled #
    sound_sfx_enabled true; # sound_sfx_enabled <true|false>, sfx sound volume enabled #
    sound_provider 0; # sound_provider <int>, sound provider index (0-?) #
    sound_file_caching false; # sound_file_caching <bool>, Sounds are preloaded at start of battle and campaign. increase performance. Default = true #
    sound_variations 2; # sound_variations <int>, Number of sound variations (0 == 2 or less, 1 = half variations, 2 = all variations. Fewer variations means fewer sounds but faster performance. #
    audio_memory_size_in_megabytes 100; # audio_memory_size_in_megabytes <int>, Audio memory size in megabytes. Default = (100MB). More memory means faster performance. #
    sound_channels 128; # sound_channels <int>, Number of sound channels. Fewer channels means fewer sounds but faster performance. #
    voice_chat_enable true; # voice_chat_enable <bool>, Enables VOIP functionality in Steam. (default = true) #
    voice_chat_microphone_gain 100; # voice_chat_microphone_gain <int>, voice_chat_microphone_gain (0-100). #
    voice_chat_microphone_gain_boost true; # voice_chat_microphone_gain_boost <bool>, Boost microphone gain. #
    voice_chat_volume 100; # voice_chat_volume <int>, Voice chat volume (0-100). #
    voice_chat_quality 2; # voice_chat_quality <int>, Voice chat quality (0-2, 0 = low, 1 = medium, 2 = high). #
    voice_chat_transmit_only_when_key_pressed true; # voice_chat_transmit_only_when_key_pressed <bool>, voice_chat_transmit_only_when_key_pressed (otherwise always trasnmitting). #
    bink_use_thread true; # bink_use_thread <bool>, tells bink to use asynchronous update, increased performance on some systems, decreased on others. (default = true) #
    number_of_threads 0; # number_of_threads <int>, Set the number of threads <= 0 - automatic, >0 = explicit number #
    mod "france launcher.pack";
    mod "1800 beta ii .pack";
    mod "1800models.pack";
    mod "1800loc.pack"
    mod "prussia launcher.pack";
    mod "1800models.pack";
    mod "1800loc.pack"
    mod "russia launcher.pack";
    mod "1800models.pack";
    mod "1800loc.pack"
    mod "austria launcher.pack";
    mod "1800models.pack";
    mod "1800loc.pack"
    mod "great britain launcher.pack";
    mod "1800models.pack";
    mod "1800loc.pack"
    mod "spain launcher.pack";
    mod "1800models.pack";
    mod "1800loc.pack"
    mod "usa launcher.pack";
    mod "1800models.pack";
    mod "1800loc.pack"

Quote Originally Posted by Kereltis View Post
    I got it up and running. The problem was an extra space in the lines that were given in the instruction Doc. It was this:

mod "1800models.pack";

mod "1800loc.pack"

Instead of this:

mod "1800 beta ii.pack";

mod "1800models.pack";
    mod "1800loc.pack"

Really enjoyed playing the USA, even made it to the upgraded line infantry. However, it crashed on turn 127 and I couldn't go any further. Still, it's a brilliant mod that is worth the work to keep it going. Well done!

Hey,

I am able to launch the campaign and get to the map but within seconds it will crash to the desktop..any ideas?

thanks