Page 65 of 66 FirstFirst ... 1540555657585960616263646566 LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,300 of 1310

Thread: Medieval Kingdoms Total War: Campaign Map Master Thread

Default Re: Medieval Kingdoms Total War: Campaign Map Master Thread

Hello everyone, first of all thank you for this mod, it is really good but it has just need bug fix patch. I played 2 campaign with Seljuks in legendary difficulty(more than 100 turns in both).In my observation,
    muslim factions need positive boost. In my both campaign, north africa is taken by spanish kingdoms ( and spanish/portuguese kingdoms even don't fight each other, they just attack the muslim factions, that's all. ) Moreover, all of the Catholics factions(england, france, hre, hungary etc.) are becoming ally, and they are very passive in game. They don't fight each other, they just attack the muslim countries. In addition, it is really hard to play with Seljuks because of public order issue. I built many positive public order buildings, but there is no way to make public order green unless I put army in my every city. I believe, public order issue must be fixed, it can't be play like this.( As a suggestion, you can increase the effect of religious buildings for muslim countries so it will help for public order issue. ) What's more, Khwarezm Empire beats their enemies all the time. I believe, you should reduce their power. When I play more with other countries, I will give more feedbacks about campaign.
    Lastly, thank you for this wonderful campaign.

Goutlard's Avatar Janissary

Quote Originally Posted by JoAlves View Post
    Hello everyone, first of all thank you for this mod, it is really good but it has just need bug fix patch. I played 2 campaign with Seljuks in legendary difficulty(more than 100 turns in both).In my observation,
    muslim factions need positive boost. In my both campaign, north africa is taken by spanish kingdoms ( and spanish/portuguese kingdoms even don't fight each other, they just attack the muslim factions, that's all. ) Moreover, all of the Catholics factions(england, france, hre, hungary etc.) are becoming ally, and they are very passive in game. They don't fight each other, they just attack the muslim countries. In addition, it is really hard to play with Seljuks because of public order issue. I built many positive public order buildings, but there is no way to make public order green unless I put army in my every city. I believe, public order issue must be fixed, it can't be play like this.( As a suggestion, you can increase the effect of religious buildings for muslim countries so it will help for public order issue. ) What's more, Khwarezm Empire beats their enemies all the time. I believe, you should reduce their power. When I play more with other countries, I will give more feedbacks about campaign.
    Lastly, thank you for this wonderful campaign.
    To be frank, after a bit of playing and fun, ending up as the Seljuks, losing Malatya to a coordinated Armenian/Templar/Trebizond Empire invasion, while conquering Sinope myself, and having all my provinces revolt at the same time made me just quit the game, and go back to standard Attila.

I felt like the game as Seljuks just felt like a chore, rather than anything enjoyable nor interesting.
    Wind from the East's Awards :

Hello. i just starting this mod(about 12 turns) my ask: there is no navy recruitment at all ? any plan to add navy in later patch? thx the mod!!
    Last edited by Hunor; January 05, 2020 at 07:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunor View Post
    Hello. i just starting this mod(about 12 turns) my ask: there is no navy recruitment at all ? any plan to add navy in later patch? thx the mod!!
    Or mercenaries, its still a WIP though..

Why am I getting public order penalty of -8 for "religion" when the settlement is 100% my own religion (catholicism)? I have a felling like this happens with every faction. Also I am 90% sure I did not piss off the pope.

Quote Originally Posted by The Despondent Mind View Post
    Why am I getting public order penalty of -8 for "religion" when the settlement is 100% my own religion (catholicism)? I have a felling like this happens with every faction. Also I am 90% sure I did not piss off the pope.
    I get the same playing as the Numbians, I switched from Christianity to Islam the second turn, and despite my provinces all being fully kitted out with max Mosques, and no christian provinces within 10,000 miles, they automatically try to turn christian if i dont have a imam fully loaded on site!

Hi All

Just started playing this mod on the weekend. am i missing something? because i cant seem to figure out which settlements form which provinces.

trying to sort out happiness and sanitation

Marble Emperor's Avatar Tiro

Each settlement is it’s own province.

Aguirre's Avatar Decanus

It would be nice with som permanent forts and stuff, especially in the north

Gondolin's Avatar Tiro

Hello,

Great mod and great job on units and event.
    After playing 2 campaign with the Abbasid Khalifat and Marinids I have the same feedback about unrest.
    I spent my two campaigns only fighting the unrest, if I move one army to conquer a territory, there will be a rebellion right after, so doing only this could get a little boring since you cannot do anything else and since you re limited with the number of generals (which was a big issue with Abbasids).

The religious issue and unrest was well balance in Al Andalus of the Charlemagne DLC, something close to this will make the game more enjoyable and closer to reality (if you search about the unrest during muslim time in Spain and Sicilia)
    I don't try non muslim factions, but those two be ready to only fight riot in your two or 3 settlements.

Can anybody tell me when the era transitions to late so I can be recruit end game units? Does it at all? I'm at 1346 in my campaign currently, and there's been no change.

Marble Emperor's Avatar Tiro

The high and late era units aren’t available in the campaign yet.

Brips's Avatar Ducenarius

But, two mods already exists.
    All map textures improved mod(MTW2,DLV):
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=395355
    Real crazy medieval music (4pages!):
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=389092
    More war horn sounds(MTW2,DLV)!
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=229015
    More Loading screens MEGA pack Team!(MTW2,DLV):
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=389893
    Mods Oblivion and Fallout3:
    Tape "Brips" on nexus then go to author name "Brips".

Unrest is a disaster even maxing out buildings don't work, there is no way to hold provinces that are not of your religion without army even if you get -1 PO per turn it won't last.

This need to be balanced, also buildings that max PO are just lame.

I feel that the campaign haven't been slightly been tested outside Europe. You can only expand in area that are of the same religion. It can actually be done but it's more a chore that anything else your army are not attacking they are guarding this is lame and need fixing.

Also Finix did a better job that the actual CA team.

Anybody finding money, way to easy to come by??, With only 4 provinces, im earning more per turn than ive ever had in total, in any TW game...and ive been playing them from the first!!

antaeus's Avatar Cool and normal

I've been playing MKTW for about a month off and on... I've seen bits and pieces of a lot of the feedback above. A lot can be managed, it takes looking at the mechanics a little differently to vanilla.

You really have to watch sanitation - but it is possible to control disease. The secret is to keep disease out in the first place even if you have to sacrifice expansion - once it's in it tends to go in circles between cities back and forth. I'm pretty happy with how this functions. We're talking about the medieval period. People caught the pox for fun.

I've enjoyed many battles immensely. The AI struggles sometimes - although because of the charge buffs for heavy cav, AIs tend to suicidally mow straight into spears a little too often for my liking. I can imagine the different unit qualities make for some great multiplayer though.

The key to every campaign, is to never go to war with the HRE. Soon enough you'll end up with spies and assassins from two dozen different places you haven't even discovered yet wiping out your entire family tree. Although, A nice change for TW games is that sooner or later every faction will be open to peace talks. But perhaps the agents are just a little too keen?

Religion is difficult. Sometimes it's just easier to change your religion to match the populace, rather than trying to convert them. I've recently played a good campaign as the Marinids, taking over much of France and Spain as christian = good public order. But I changed to christian after maxing out religious buildings and still losing the conversion battle even with no neighbours. It was a nice boost to have a Berber/moorish army which included christian religious orders. Wouldn't it be interesting to see some kind of banish/expulsion function that turns people who are the wrong religion into your neighbour's immigration problem rather than your permanent rebellion cycle - I have no idea how this might work.

There's really only 5 or 6 factions in the game. They are religious. Wars within religious areas become less and less common as the game progresses, and religious power blocks solidify. In the real world, trade and alliances happened between christian and muslim nations... sometimes against their co-religionists. But if you don't have it set up at the start of the game, or within the first half a dozen turns, this is a rarity. This leads to too much peace within religious areas by the late game. And forgiving neighbours who stay green even as you pick off their allies. Perhaps this could be solved by the introduction of a few more "jealous of the neighbours", "can't control their vassals", "Doesn't like the English" or "problem with authority" type traits with higher diplomatic penalties, just to stir up a few fights within the HRE sphere

Either way... absolutely love the medieval feel of the mod. It's obviously a labour of love that shows immense attention to detail and care. The feedback above is said with this in mind. And I'll continue to play for a little while yet. I'm 1 final betrayal away from reclaiming Basil II's Roman Empire.
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB MARENOSTRUM

Totalize's Avatar Libertus

I have this mod installed and it looks really good so far, no issues to speak of. I was playing Castille. I am just wondering what others find exciting about the campaign. The unit cards, graphics and historical accuracy are very good but what I find is that who ever I play their armies are small and they only have a few towns. Being a "conquer the known world" kind of guy I am struggling playing with few armies and limited geographical areas. Is there something i am missing?

Sana Kan's Avatar Libertus

Sorry for the nitpick, but is there a stylized mini-map mod with more historical borders for MKTW? The original Atilla borders are chunky and ugly imo, and the mod team did such an amazing job with 2D art...just saying.

Kinda like the map mod for Empire Total War (which didn't change the actual borders, only the 2d art).

But then again, the mod is already beautiful as it is.

No big wall, is it normal?

No big wall in Medieval 1212. Is it normal?

In campagn map I have (tier 4, city have big wall)... but, in fact, no big wall in battle map, and small city.

The siege towers are big... So... They do not fit with small walls.

Thanks in advance for response