Page 61 of 66 FirstFirst ... 113651525354555657585960616263646566 LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,220 of 1310

Thread: Medieval Kingdoms Total War: Campaign Map Master Thread

Wallachian's Avatar Citizen

Default Re: Medieval Kingdoms Total War: Campaign Map Master Thread

Quote Originally Posted by You_Guess_Who View Post
    Experiment by DETrooper for Campaign UI enabling selection of multiple starting dates other than the 1212 starting date.

This is just a test - if this would be realized, it's a very long term goal. Nothing in the actual database and startpos has been done for alternate starting date Campaigns.
    A 1300s campaign would be very cool at one point,for example starting 1337 when the 100 year war started

Quote Originally Posted by stevehoos View Post
    I am going to get ripped here, but I think this never gets released. Looks strikingly similar to DOTS. It has the number one symptom of many prior mods.

Tons and tons of units with multiple years of overhauls and aesthetic critics. People love this type of modding, campaign not so much.
    Belive me or not,around 2 years i call thise mod 2020 AD...and we pray will be finished till 2020

Aniway all looks great so far but in the campaigne we watch from youtube streamers i can conclude next :

All AI are so much innactive... Most of them have 1 or 2 territory and they just siting there with 1 stack of units and doin nothing.

Watching Simpzy youtube play...we see that hes make this gameplay campaigne more frightening since he use minimum 2 and usual 3 units for attack against 1,and no chance to lose...
    He never make some competitions in gameplay...Resulting that hes conquer almost WHOLE MAP for less than 10 hours of playing...whole watch become borring and pointless and most of people will quit thise campaigne fast,if stay like this.

Rebels are verry low(i hate them tooo,but still)...they attack with 3-4 units in stack..easy beaten by town garnisone

When AI have more chance for win...there is still so much archers in roster who usual not even shoot because they are unprotected,and so much busy for fight,by searching save shooting distance ..and they ben supressed and destroyed by 2-3 horse unit.

In some late gameplay...AI roster looks: 1 general 2 spearmen ... and 50000 archer units...

Also i didnt saw mongol attack i didnt saw some attacked AI faction bein defended by alies... They just siting there and wait Simpzy to come with 3 generals agains 1 or 2 with tons of useless archers...

Make it little harded and more active please or this goin to be disaster!! TY! sorry for english but u will understund all..

hey man when are you finishing grand campaign i'm looking forward to it

airborne guy's Avatar Domesticus

Looking forward to this mod...hopefully we will have it in our hands soon!

Should we pour all factions to the selections ala M2 (Option A), or bundle and organize them into Regional-Cultural Groups now capable to hold more than 6 factions per group (Option B)?

Vote Here: https://www.strawpoll.me/17395701/

Spoiler for Option A

Spoiler for Option B

Last edited by You_Guess_Who; February 09, 2019 at 04:53 PM.

option b, sure

Wallachian's Avatar Citizen

Option B for sure

I vote B as well.

Even the most ambitious M2 mods were limited by the hard cap of 31 factions, making it feasible to have all factions on one screen. With 55 factions on your example A, it's just too much of a mess and too hard to find a faction. Also compounded by the more realistic faction emblems as opposed to the cartoony bright coloured ones of M2.

Geographic groups of factions under option B is the way to go imo

Libertus

Please try to make the faction more balanced as you can and accurate ! For example Egypt units need to be enhanced and Added a new units of Mamluks and an Egyptian Native units not Syrian Or African ?!

[Mamluk regiments constituted the backbone of Egypt's military under Ayyubid rule in the late 12th and early 13th centuries, beginning with Sultan Saladin who replaced the Fatimids' African infantry with mamluks. Each Ayyubid sultan and high-ranking emir had a private mamluk corps.]Click image for larger version. 

Name:	71cfd88smoL._AC_UL320_SR240,320_.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	16.4 KB 
ID:	357322Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Arab+2013+Lrz.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	105.5 KB 
ID:	357323Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mameluke-in-Full-Armour.jpg 
Size:	330.5 KB 
ID:	357324Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Medieval-Military-Mamluk-Soldier-Ottoman-Mamluk-Cavalry-Horseman.jpg 
Size:	55.6 KB 
ID:	357325Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kingdom-of-heaven-17.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	107.3 KB 
ID:	357326

Hello!

Looking at the two options, A for me, reminds me of how the factions were arranged in the older games of TOTAL WAR, like Medieval II, which I like a lot. So my vote goes to model A.

Good work, and the campaign mode was running as fast as possible! xD

ndm659's Avatar Foederatus

Option A is better for me. It seems that the factions are in alphabetical order, not hard to find I think.

Quote Originally Posted by mrbasso View Post
    Please try to make the faction more balanced as you can and accurate ! For example Egypt units need to be enhanced and Added a new units of Mamluks and an Egyptian Native units not Syrian Or African ?!

[Mamluk regiments constituted the backbone of Egypt's military under Ayyubid rule in the late 12th and early 13th centuries, beginning with Sultan Saladin who replaced the Fatimids' African infantry with mamluks. Each Ayyubid sultan and high-ranking emir had a private mamluk corps.]Click image for larger version. 

Name:	71cfd88smoL._AC_UL320_SR240,320_.jpg 
Size:	16.4 KB 
ID:	357322Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Arab+2013+Lrz.jpg 
Size:	105.5 KB 
ID:	357323Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mameluke-in-Full-Armour.jpg 
Size:	330.5 KB 
ID:	357324Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Medieval-Military-Mamluk-Soldier-Ottoman-Mamluk-Cavalry-Horseman.jpg 
Size:	55.6 KB 
ID:	357325Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kingdom-of-heaven-17.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	107.3 KB 
ID:	357326
    If I'm not wrong, 3rd and 4rd pictures are about Ottoman Sipahi. And also last one looks like a Kıpcahk soldier.

Option B for me

Option B for me... good work
    Under the Patronage of Hadrian

Libertus

Google and Wikipedia and other sources may proof some mamluks we're used by ottoman as well.

Libertus

Option {B} Would Be Better Because it'll show religion for the specific faction grouped !

it would be better to make them custom and Specific name like - Asia - Europe - Africa - Middle East . And make the top faction of Specific Region to be first on the list .
    Strong at Left ! weakest at right
    Last edited by mrbasso; February 10, 2019 at 05:00 PM.

Option B. It's cleaner, easier to search for a new campaign, and I have to say I really like the art of the regional categories.
    My Three Kingdoms Military History Blog / Military Map Project - https://zirroxas.tumblr.com/
    Ask me a question!

Definitely option B. I fear it'd be a mess to try to search through all of the icons to find the faction you wish to play as.

Libertus

My vote would be for the second option, whereby you consolidate and bundle factions according to cultural similarities or geographic proximity. As has been previous observed, this is a more concise and intuitive presentment of the information which otherwise seems to be overabundant and may serve to confuse. Furthermore, the system of grouping factions is consistent with the template employed by the most recent iterations of the series, which conduces to greater familiarity as well as maintenance of continuity. If there were fewer factions to select, then the comprehensive array of choices may have been more practical from the standpoint of the player but due to the very large number of possible choices it seems to me that a system which helps parcellate them in accordance with similar features is more utilitarian.

As an aside, and I know you must be exceedingly tired of hearing this but, would you be so kind as to provide your loyal followers with a general sense of how soon this will be released?

Keep up the outstanding work sirs, it is and will continue to be greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by mrbasso View Post
    You must understand that Ayyubid Faction is unfinished. The planned dev that will handle it is Lucem, after he finished Rus factions. As of now, many of its units are just borrowed units from Abbasid Roster...which later units are actually modelled after Mamluk Sultanate because the real Abbasiyyah Caliphate did not survive until the 14th and 15th century.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucius_Vorenus View Post
    As an aside, and I know you must be exceedingly tired of hearing this but, would you be so kind as to provide your loyal followers with a general sense of how soon this will be released?
    Short Answer: When its done
    Long Answer: There are still many things that need to be done, and I personally can't work as intensively as before. We ourselves cannot set a definite release date. Alpha testing made this fact more clear.

Option A is more appealing, it certainly gets my juices flowing seeing the choice, and how can it confuse when the faction name is clearly shown apon selection?...im guessing a small picture of the map location is also to accompany?

However, if in any way it might limit future additional factions added, then Option B of course.