Page 4 of 66 FirstFirst 12345678910111213142954 ... LastLast

Thread: Medieval Kingdoms Total War: Campaign Map Master Thread

+Marius+'s Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: Medieval Kingdoms Total War: Campaign Map Master Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost9489 View Post
    While the region above ragusa, which is Croatian in your map, should be added to Bosnians.
    ...why should Slavonia go to Bosnia?

Also as a note, make Croatia and Serbia be at Hostile ( not War but really unfriendly ) terms at the beginning. Rivarly and hate is still going strong even today, if not even stronger.
    That is ludicrous.

There were no tensions between Croats and Serbs prior to the 19th century.

The Croatian and Serbian nobility cooperated and intermarried constantly, what you are stating makes no sense.

A Serbian noble served two terms as ban of Croatia and a two Croatian nobles served as Despots of Serbia.

There was no inert hostility, otherwise Croatian knights would not have answered Serbia's call for aid and fought at Kosovo.

Also, your map extends Serbia to far to the West.

Libertus

Huh, i did not know that. If that is the case, thank you for explaining it. I just presumed because of todays and recent feelings between Croats and Serbs that perhaps it existed long ago and it was set in stone. Kinda makes the whole hatred today even more meaningless.

As for Bosnia, a region should be theirs but due to limited number of provinces and limitations of editor it can remain as it is.

Thanks for clarifying a lot of stuff

It's a shame about Bosnia. In the very early drafts of the map, Bosnia was a starting faction in the region where now Ras is (called Visoko back then), and Serbia had Nis and Belgrade. It wasn't historical, but allowed Bosnia to be in the game. I don't want to change the starting positions at all for now, so Bosnia will have to stay emergent and liberate-able, it's the best (if only) compromise in regards to how the Balkans look in Attila - especially with current settlement naming.

SerbianWOLF's Avatar Semisalis

Yea, i figured that provinces can not be changed, CA has locked pretty much of campaing map editing.

Thanks for the answer. Just wanted to give my input, but as long as there is Serbia in there, i am happy. Looking forward to playing as us for once.

Hvala na odgovoru, steta sto bosanaca nece biti
    I gave similar comments,but map cannot be changed.
    Bosnia is emergent faction.

There were not any kind of bad relation between medieval Serbia and Croatia.
    Last edited by SerbianWOLF; January 27, 2016 at 09:51 AM.

Alex1987's Avatar Tiro

Great map) cant wait for campaign version of this great mod)
    Candidate of sociological sciences. RUSSIAN LIBERAL OPPOSITIONIST AND ACTIVIST.

Hi all thank you so much for your mods but there are some historical issues for this mod specially for map of Iran.
    on that time Name of Baluchistan wasnt use. because there was no nationalism movement and name of their state was Makran. so please repace it with Actual historical name of Makran. and Zaranj was in Sistan. so name of that state in east part of map is Makran and Sistan.
    about Isfahan and cities such Ray or Hamadan and Isfahan. all of them were part of Irak or Iraq e Ajam or Persian Iraq. in most of European old maps they wrote it with Irak while they wrote Arabian Iraq ( former Asuristan ) as Iraq.
    Tabarastan was name of bank side of south of Caspian Lake. it wasnt important as Azerbaijan so its also Recomannded that you make that state as Azarbaijan not Tabarestan. after all it was capital of Mongolian Ilkhanid of Iran.
    PS on that time Republic of Azerbaijan were states of Shirvan and Aran and it was controlled by Shirvan Shahdom dynasty which destroyed by Safavids at 1501.

Also you forgot a faction from Iran.
    on that time Seljuks truned into 3 branches.
    1 Seljuks of Irak e Ajam ( Hamadan ) which destroyed by Khawrazmid , 2 Seljuks of Rum ( Anatolia ) which destroyed by Afshars ( Karamanid )
    and 3 Seljuks of Kerman which Destroyed by Qara Khitians ( who were originally from Manchuria and from Liao dynasty )
    so Please make Seljuks of Kerman as a Playable faction just like Seljuks of Rum and make Khitians as a nomadic tribe at Kerman.
    Historically Seljuks of Kerman controlled today Province of Kerman and Port Hormuz at Strait of Hormuz and their major trading resource was Spice trading with Hindustan.
    and Until today Seljuks of Kerman exist in Kerman but they speak Persian no More Turkish so Please dont remove them from your Mod and make it more historical.
    thank you sooooo much

The Seljuks of Kerman were conquered by the Oghuz in 1186, and Kerman was then annexed by Kwarezm in 1196. So by the time of the mod the Seljuks of Kerman had ceased to exist as an independent entity.

I was about to write that. I am not going to add new factions unless it's absolutely better or necessary - there's already a few tons of factions that have to be created. Granted, a lot of them will be similar unplayable one province minors, but it still takes time to make them all.

As for the province names, it's a bit tricky. I don't want to use "Irak" to denote anything Persian as it can only bring confusion because of modern and widespread understanding that Irak = Mesopotamia.
    Azerbaijan is already on the map as a faction (vassal of Georgia) and named Adarbadagan as an earlier spelling of the word, and it's located in the in-game province of Armenia. I could rename the province, but I like the name Tabarestan personally, I think it simply sounds nice and gives some diversity (more Persian names than the same few all the time).
    I suppose I could change Balochistan to Makran and Sistan, but I'll need to find some reading on that, if it's at all possible. I didn't see the name of Balochistan as nationalistic or something - it simply meant to me that the Balochi people lived there and gave the name to the province. It's also about introducing some names that are diverse from what we saw in base grand campaign in Attila.

FrozenmenSS's Avatar Senator

For me personally the maps mentioned below are Finished:

1)Settlements map

2)Provinces map

3)Starting factions map

4)Rebels map

5)Emergent factions map - it Only needs to add are the Starting factions as Emergent in the empty regions.Just using simple simple logic I see all starting faction from where they will rebel - the only thing bugs me about is the region of Philippopolis - will it be Duchy of Philippopolis or the playable Bulgarian Tcardom.Putting there Latin empire is a bit off.But Both Duchy of Philippopolis or the Bulgarian Tcardom is both correct.The Duchy of Philippopolis was mantained until the dates 1248-1260-1261.Philipopol probably was permanently lost after the Battle of Klokotnitsa in 1230, although the duchy continues to exist formally, at least until the 40s. Over the next 140 years the city eight times passes peacefully or militarily from Bulgarian under Byzantine control and vice versa, within the limits of Bulgaria in 1230-1246, from 1254 to 1256, 1257-1277, 1322-1332 and 1344-1371 year.

Also Who will be the Emergent Starting factions in Silves and Valencia in Spain?

Only the Religions map is not Finished yet.

In the free time you can start with the 1212ad map for the Age of Charlemagne Dlc campaign. For the the Last Roman campaign using the reclaim mechanism from the The Roman expedition and giving it to a Spanish faction will be great doing the reconcista of Catholic Europe from the Muslims. Btw I'm not an expert does the 1212ad is the best starting date for the Last Roman dlc.
    Last edited by FrozenmenSS; January 28, 2016 at 05:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FrozenmenSS View Post
    5)Emergent factions map - it Only needs to add are the Starting factions as Emergent in the empty regions.Just using simple simple logic I see all starting faction from where they will rebel - the only thing bugs me about is the region of Philippopolis - will it be Duchy of Philippopolis or the playable Bulgarian Tcardom.Putting there Latin empire is a bit off.But Both Duchy of Philippopolis or the Bulgarian Tcardom is both correct.The Duchy of Philippopolis was mantained until the dates 1248-1260-1261.Philipopol probably was permanently lost after the Battle of Klokotnitsa in 1230, although the duchy continues to exist formally, at least until the 40s. Over the next 140 years the city eight times passes peacefully or militarily from Bulgarian under Byzantine control and vice versa, within the limits of Bulgaria in 1230-1246, from 1254 to 1256, 1257-1277, 1322-1332 and 1344-1371 year.
    That place could go as a Bulgarian core. Latin Empire probably shouldn't have any core provinces so once it's gone, it's gone for good. Constantinople should be a Roman core.

Also Who will be the Emergent Starting factions in Silves and Valencia in Spain?
    Probably the Almohads. I'm fine with the current amount of emergent factions.

In the free time you can start with the 1212ad map for the Age of Charlemagne Dlc campaign. For the the Last Roman campaign using the reclaim mechanism from the The Roman expedition and giving it to a Spanish faction will be great doing the reconcista of Catholic Europe from the Muslims. Btw I'm not an expert does the 1212ad is the best starting date for the Last Roman dlc.
    Probably not going to happen. Let us work on the grand campaign for the time being.

Although I was thinking that the map from Charlemagne would be better suited for a 14th-15th century setting with the Hundred Years War, all the condottiere wars in Italy and the last bits of the Reconquista in Iberia. Last Roman map is pretty boring compared to Charlemagne map.

Well I proposed 1212ad for AOC campaign because you Focus the map on western Europe and you can use all early and late and high era units the team created in the base mod and still cover the 100 years wars between England and France for example. In the Grand Campaign Britain, France, Germany ,Hungary and Spain regions are so simplified(there is no Paris city for the capital of France for example),but with AOC in 1212 people will go for it If they want more in depth campaign in western Europe that covers from 1212-1500 with ease..Also Western Poland can be added as faction this way and be playable because in the later starting dates Poland wont be in due to the borders of Poland and the Germans moved a bit in eastern direction.(I think the eastern lands reaches the most western polish lands in the AOC map in 1212).The starting Date Can also move to 1200ad as well. Poland to have the 2 regions of Cottbus and Stargard(maybe other regions also)

The Last Roman is focused on the Italy region and North Africa mainly.Spain and France are pretty Barren with big large distances between the regions.

Edit:I just Found Another Mistake with the starting Factions map.Holstein in northern Germany and Hamburg were under the rule of Denmark from 1202-1227ad. in the Map now its For Saxony,but give it to Denmark.So now Denmark Got 4 Regions and Saxony 1 region.

Valdemar II of Denmark raided and occupied Hamburg in 1201 and in 1214 Frederick II, Holy Roman Emperor declined all claims of property northern of the river Elbe. Hamburg was controlled by Denmark. The Danish governor united the new and the old parts of Hamburg under one law, town hall and court. A series of Danish defeats culminating in the Battle of Bornhöved on 22 July 1227 cemented the loss of Denmark's northern German territories and liberated Hamburg also. Hamburg submitted to Adolf IV of Holstein.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Stellau

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle...3%B6ved_(1227)

Second Edit:Now that Rhodes is in th Hands of the Nicaea - you can give the Latin Empire the city of Cyzicus Simulate the Latin Empire's Asia Minor Holdings since the 1204ad. The Region Also will help the Defense of Constantinople who is pretty much isolated region of the Latins in the Balkans.Also the city of Cyzicus as land and naval pathfinding will help the Latins guarding the Dardanels straits - I know it was Nicaean because of Balancing.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Adramyttium

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle...yndacus_(1211)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Treaty...mphaeum_(1214) just confirms their holdings for the next 10 years.
    Last edited by FrozenmenSS; February 01, 2016 at 11:57 AM.

Hello i have two question:

1) What have you decided for the relationships between Flanders and France in final ?

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...pe_Auguste.jpg
    (This picture show Philip Augustus coronation and we can see that the Count of Flanders is the sword bearer of Philip. But Philip was crowned during the reign of his father, long before the clash who led the Count of Flanders to fight his own king at Bouvine)

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...tille_1223.jpg
    (This one show the son of Philip, Louis VIII, coronation and we can see that the Count of Flander was still here has a Peers of France even after betrayal of Ferdinand of Flanders).

So do you think Flanders must be a vassal or France or not (even with bad relation) ?

2) I know you want to stop editing your map but what do you think about add an emergent faction to Jerusalem ?
    ( I have already try to ask but it was just before the forum Rollback).

In the purpose to allow a Christian Kingdom to take the Holy Land (under the control of his newborn vassal) while avoiding to expose himself too much far away of his main territory.

Off course the "Crusader States" faction is already here but i'm sure he will want capture Jerusalem for himself at best (or try desperately to survive at worst).

Have two Faction here with similar purpose can also create some rivality, even a conflict between two crusader states in Levant.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_of_the_Lombards
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_of_Saint_Sabas
    (some historical examples of Latins taking arms against others Latins)

Personally i like the idea and think it could lead to interesting alliances and situtations in Campaign, but off course the choice is all yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashe View Post
    1) What have you decided for the relationships between Flanders and France in final ?
    I don't think it was decided. I didn't go into diplomacy research yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashe View Post
    2) I know you want to stop editing your map but what do you think about add an emergent faction to Jerusalem ?
    I don't really want to do that. The Crusader States will probably have a mission to fulfil so they can be renamed into Kingdom of Jerusalem.

This Post will be for the Diplomacy of Asia Minor and the Balkans.And the Papacy

1)In 1212 the Latin empire was at war on 3 fronts - Vs Nicaea and the Bulgaria to the north and Despotate of Epirus to the west.
    Nicaea also was vs the Latins and the Sultanate of Rum(2 Factions - read below).

2)The Bulgarians were at war also - the Latins and Serbia.
    Bulgaria got Non-Aggression pact with Hungary and the Cummans

3)Trepizond has became vassal(so make them Client State) of the Latin Empire in 1212 and was At War with the Sultanate of Rum and Nicaea.
    Trepizond got Non-Aggression pact with Hungary and the Cummans

4)Despotate of Epirus was at war with the Latin Empire and vassal(so make them Client State) of Venice and trading with it

5)Make Serbia at War with Bulgaria and Non-Aggression pact with Despotate of Epirus due to mariges between Serbia and Albanian nobles whose occupied land was held by Epirus.

6)Make the Papacy be at war with the Ayyubids to simulate the preparation of the Fifth Crusade and Toulouse to simulate the Albigensian Crusade.Dont Worry Noone will Attack the papacy due to the distance of Rome from Both enemy Factions and the CAI.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fifth_Crusade

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albigensian_Crusade

7)Sultanate of Rum at war with Trepizond and Nicaea.
    Now With the Sultanate of Rum in 1212 there was a Civil war.And Trepizond put Gasoline to the Fire by waging war.Leo I, King of the Armenian Kingdom of Cilicia was at the start against Kaykaus(with whom Sultanate of Rum's faction to be) and later changed sides and allied with Kaykaus.

Upon the death of Kaykhusraw I following the Battle of Alaşehir in 1211, Kaykaus’ two younger brothers, Kayferidun Ibrahim and the future Kayqubad I, challenged his succession. Kayqubad initially garnered some support among the neighbors of the sultanate, Leo I, the king of Cilician Armenia, and Tughrilshah, his uncle and the independent ruler of Erzurum. At the same time, Kayferidun imperiled the recently acquired port of Antalya by seeking aid from the Cypriot Franks. Most of the emirs, as the powerful landed aristocracy of the sultanate, supported Kaykaus. From his base in Malatya, Kaykaus seized Kayseri and then Konya, inducing Leo to change sides. Kayqubad was forced to flee to the fortress at Ankara, where he sought aid from the Turkman tribes of Kastamonu. Kaykaus soon apprehended both of his brothers and secured the throne for himself.

During this time of considerable danger, Kaykaus negotiated a peace settlement with Theodore Laskaris, the Byzantine Emperor of Nicaea. This treaty marked the end of hostilities between the Seljuq state and the Empire of Nicaea, though Turkmen nomads continued occasionally to trouble the border.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle...on_the_Meander

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kaykaus_I

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kayqubad_I

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leo_I,_King_of_Armenia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armeni...dom_of_Cilicia

So with this ,Jan, you dont have an emergent faction that can simulate that.So the only way to do this is give 2-3 regions to Sultanate of Rum - Malatya,Kayseri with ally Armenian Kingdom of Cilicia and to be at war with Kayqubad who hold 3 regions - Ancyra,Iconiom(Konya) and Attaleia. with a Civil War Faction or the Turkish Rebels or entirely new starting faction.

And Make Nicaea and Trepizond be at war with the 2 Turkic starting factions also.

Thats from me for now.
    Last edited by FrozenmenSS; January 28, 2016 at 02:29 PM.

Thanks for that post, copied the diplomatic info to a text file I'll use to compile the basic diplomatic relations. But I am not going to add factions for all petty lords and civil wars. This can be done through the family tree, low loyalty and low public order.

Do you guys still need suggestions for emergent factions based on regions, or are you all good?

Quote Originally Posted by jan_boruta View Post
    Thanks for that post, copied the diplomatic info to a text file I'll use to compile the basic diplomatic relations. But I am not going to add factions for all petty lords and civil wars. This can be done through the family tree, low loyalty and low public order.
    ok,btw I just updated it.

But By doing so make Armenian Kingdom of Cilicia,Nicaea and Trepizond at war with the Sultanate Rum and with low public order.

And make Venice trading with Trepizond,the Crusader States, the Latin Empire,Georgia and Alania and Bulgaria to Help their economy vs HRE and Hungary and to simulate their trading routes in the Black Sea.

Genoa to do naval trading with with Trepizond,the Crusader States, the Latin Empire,Georgia and Alania and others and to simulate their trading routes in the Black Sea.
    Last edited by FrozenmenSS; January 28, 2016 at 02:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mw51630 View Post
    Do you guys still need suggestions for emergent factions based on regions, or are you all good?
    I think we're good for now. I'd rather not add new factions now, there's a lot to be done at this point anyway. Unless the idea is really good and original, I suppose. But keep in mind that places that are left blank - most of Central and Eastern Europe - are blank intentionally. Those places are full of one province minors that need their starting regions to be their "cores", in case someone wanted to liberate them, or that they could re-emerge.

ok,btw I just updated it.
    Thank you! The idea with the Papacy is interesting, though I hope this war with the Ayyubids could be avoided in favor of a crusade mechanic - even if it was only a specific set of missions for all factions that share the Catholic religion. In regards to CAI, well - in my recent grand campaigns I had the Danes and Geats invade North Africa by sailing there, so I don't know. There was something pushing them there.

If you're not using Latin names in Iberia because they look too strange, then you should consider avoiding Latin names elsewhere. Personally, I like the idea of having Latin consistently everywhere within Christendom, but if you're going to be inconsistent in the application of the names, I think it'd be better to use the common English names/the names of the local lingua franca.

Tripolitania is Tarabulus in Arabic, and Yemen IS an Arabic name. Scholarly transcription would make it Yaman, but Yemen arguably represents the pronunciation better, and it's already widely known with that spelling.