Page 34 of 66 FirstFirst ... 924252627282930313233343536373839404142434459 ... LastLast

Thread: Medieval Kingdoms Total War: Campaign Map Master Thread

Default Re: Medieval Kingdoms Total War: Campaign Map Master Thread

Ah that's a shame. It's very strange that they remember it in some TW games and forget it in others.
    In Napoleon they made the Island of Funen connect with the peninsula of Jutland. Incredibly strange, maybe based on (very) inaccurate maps from the time period but still strange.

Yeah, otherwise we would love to flesh out the Northern European area to include some of the missing Slavic factions, Finland, and a proper landmass for Norway and Sweden.

Is it something that might change someday? I haven't followed Attila modding before, so I am not aware of the limitations regarding campaign maps.

bigdaddy1204's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Slytacular View Post
    We can't edit the campaign map for Attila. We lack the tools.
    Does this apply to my post about deserts that should be green a few pages earlier in this thread? Or is terrain texture a different issue?

I remember you were going to look into it a while back

Quote Originally Posted by Slytacular View Post
    Oh interesting! I'll take a look at how to edit the terrain on the campaign map soon. I'll definitely remember these posts! However, land based unit rosters are still a huge priority at the moment. Once those become complete, then everything else in the mod will get lots of love.
    Did you ever get round to look at it in the end?
    Last edited by bigdaddy1204; November 20, 2016 at 04:53 AM.

Styl2000's Avatar Libertus

hey is there a way to make a mod to add new things at the diplomacy, like a way to stop the wars of my allies? It could be useful for the Papal States.

Linke's Avatar Hazarapatish

About editing terrain texture, as far as I know it's colour coded and I've tried to edit existing maps manually instead of in terry wich doesn't work, but without succes this far.

Of course you can change ALL desert to be grassland but not a part of the desert to use another texture, this far at least that's what I've found.

But the actual Persis region might be possible to change to it's real lush state, because it seems to use a "steppe-desert" texture different from the Arabic desert wich might be used in north Africa aswell but it would also fit being changed there. Thus I could overwrite it without actually changing the Arabian and Sahara deserts from being deserts.

kamikazee786's Avatar Senator

Guys does anyone else have performance issues with this mod, i love the amount of detail the modders have put into each unit, it truly is beautiful but unfortunately the game is really laggy when i have anymore than 10 units on medium size on the battle map.

My specs are pretty decent and i can play pretty much anything on the highest settings.
    If you work to earn a living, why then do you work yourself to death?

bigdaddy1204's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Linke View Post
    Amazing! The first one looks wonderful - this is brilliant! It looks way more realistic now, this is more how the game should have been released Well done!

Wonderful map, I can't wait to play. I am so excited! Thank you for sharing.

Just to add the finishing touch, I have marked the map with a red line. Everything to the east of that red line is the Dasht-e Kevir/Lut (desert). Everything to the left of the line is now perfect.
    Good work!

Last edited by bigdaddy1204; November 21, 2016 at 05:26 PM.

I hate to be that guy, but is there any news about progress of the single player campaign? not asking for a release date as we all know the mantra of moders "its done when its done" but more along the lines of whats on the to-do list before we can start experience medieval II.V
    Wil you play the game? the game of thrones.

Kjertesvein's Avatar Remember to smile
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Quote Originally Posted by kamikazee786 View Post
    Guys does anyone else have performance issues with this mod, i love the amount of detail the modders have put into each unit, it truly is beautiful but unfortunately the game is really laggy when i have anymore than 10 units on medium size on the battle map.

My specs are pretty decent and i can play pretty much anything on the highest settings.
    If you have a lower end computer, then talking from experience with the Seljuks/Ayy factions, you might experience a bit of lag. They're very high quality, too high for Attila engine in my opinion. However, if you're getting lag on any other roster, I can say that I don't have the same experience as you. I'm not sure why.
    Quote Originally Posted by FOR GONDOR View Post
    I hate to be that guy, but is there any news about progress of the single player campaign? not asking for a release date as we all know the mantra of moders "its done when its done" but more along the lines of whats on the to-do list before we can start experience medieval II.V
    I've been here some time, and I've not seen any to-do list here before. My guess is that it's not like a job with dead-lines, but more like something you do because you enjoy working on it type-of-thing. I think there's a difference.

Feel free to look through the Faction Preview -thread and compare it to the Campaign Map -thread, if that helps.

~Wille
    Last edited by Kjertesvein; November 24, 2016 at 03:27 AM.
    Thorolf was thus armed. Then Thorolf became so furious that he cast his shield on his back, and, grasping his halberd with both hands, bounded forward dealing cut and thrust on either side. Men sprang away from him both ways, but he slew many. Thus he cleared the way forward to earl Hring's standard, and then nothing could stop him. He slew the man who bore the earl's standard, and cut down the standard-pole. After that he lunged with his halberd at the earl's breast, driving it right through mail and body, so that it came out at the shoulders; and he lifted him up on the halberd over his head, and planted the butt-end in the ground. There on the weapon the earl breathed out his life in sight of all, both friends and foes. [...] 53, Egil's Saga
    I must tell you here of some amusing tricks the Comte d'Eu played on us. I had made a sort of house for myself in which my knights and I used to eat, sitting so as to get the light from the door, which, as it happened, faced the Comte d'Eu's quarters. The count, who was a very ingenious fellow, had rigged up a miniature ballistic machine with which he could throw stones into my tent. He would watch us as we were having our meal, adjust his machine to suit the length of our table, and then let fly at us, breaking our pots and glasses.
    - The pranks played on the knight Jean de Joinville, 1249, 7th crusade.

http://imgur.com/a/DMm19
    Quote Originally Posted by Finn View Post
    This is the only forum I visit with any sort of frequency and I'm glad it has provided a home for RTR since its own forum went down in 2007. Hopefully my donation along with others from TWC users will help get the site back to its speedy heyday, which will certainly aid us in our endeavor to produce a full conversion mod Rome2.

Hello, is this mod ready for download? where i can found the links?

Quote Originally Posted by maeco98 View Post
    Hello, is this mod ready for download? where i can found the links?
    Did you even read anything here at all ? haha
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ovember-Update

LEG-IV's Avatar Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by Guiflick View Post
    Did you even read anything here at all ? haha
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ovember-Update
    Hahaha it's one of those akward but epic moments!

Is every faction on the "Starting Factions map" going to be playable?

Hello everyone I was looking on the map of the starting factions a few days ago and I would like to ask: Is the map on the first page of this thred up to date or has it been made any progress yet?

Thank you in advance for your answer and also for all the excelent work you have done. (and sorry for my english)

Styl2000's Avatar Libertus

Is every faction on the "Starting Factions map" going to be playable?
    If I remember correctly then yes. But of course some of them will have similar unite roster with few exceptions here and there. For example the HRE and its vassals.

For leuwaraden settlement in current day Netherlands can the faction be called Teunissen ?

Hello everybody. I am interested in Middle East History (especially XV-XX centuries). I have read also a lot of primary and secondary sources (by the way I am Wiki-downloader). If the creator don't mind I want to make my contribution to this mod. First of all, I must mention that this map is too inaccurate in its Middle East section. If the creator interested, my email: anicisuper@gmail.com. I honestly don't like forums, and prefer Gmail.