Page 26 of 66 FirstFirst ... 16171819202122232425262728293031323334353651 ... LastLast

Thread: Medieval Kingdoms Total War: Campaign Map Master Thread

Default Re: Medieval Kingdoms Total War: Campaign Map Master Thread

Quote Originally Posted by tmina32 View Post
    What's the difference between an unlocked faction and the ones that will be officialy playable? I thought that creating a special unit roster takes up most of the work anyway.

On the subject, anyone perhaps starting to work on Croatia after the august release?
    Croatia isn't playable. The focuse now are the playable factions.

Here is a list of the playable factions if you are interested:

1. Kingdom of England
    2. Kingdom of Scotland
    3. Kingdom of Gwynedd
    4. Kingdom of Ireland
    5. Kingdom of France
    6. Duchy of Burgundy
    7. County of Toulouse
    8. Crown of Aragon
    9. Kingdom of Castile
    10. Kingdom of Navarre
    11. Kingdom of Portugal
    12. County of Flanders
    13. Duchy of Brabant
    14. Kingdom of Denmark
    15. Kingdom of Sweden
    16. Kingdom of Norway
    17. Holy Roman Empire
    18. Schwyz
    19. Kingdom of Bohemia
    20. Duchy of Lombardy
    21. Republic of Genoa
    22. Republic of Pisa
    23. Kingdom of Sicily
    24. Papacy
    25. Republic of Venice
    26. Despotate of Epirus
    27. Latin Empire
    28. Empire of Nicaea
    29. Empire of Trebizond
    30. Kingdom of Hungary
    31. Grand Principality of Serbia
    32. Second Bulgarian Tsardom
    33. Lesser Poland
    34. Duchy of Silesia
    35. Teutonic Order
    36. Grand Duchy of Lithuania
    37. Kievan Rus
    38. Chernigov
    39. Volga Bulgars
    40. Cuman Khanate
    41. Khwarezmian Empire
    42. Mongol Hordes
    43. Kingdom of Georgia
    44. Cilician Armenia
    45. Seljuks of Rum
    46. Zengid Dynasty
    47. Abbasid Caliphate
    48. Crusader States
    49. Ayyubid Sultanate
    50. Kingdom of Makuria
    51. Zagwe Dynasty
    52. Almohad Caliphate
    Last edited by Lucem Mundum; August 20, 2016 at 11:14 AM.

Campidoctor
    Civitate

If I would make a faction thread for Alania, would you consider making them playable?

Quote Originally Posted by LinusLinothorax View Post
    If I would make a faction thread for Alania, would you consider making them playable?
    Honestly a lot of non-playable factions deserve to be playable such as Galicica-Volhynia, Ryazan-Murom, Bavandid, Salghurids, Uyunids, Rasulids, Hafsids, and as you mentioned Alania.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucem Mundum View Post

Here is a list of the playable factions if you are interested:

Jan talked about a revision of that list, but that was more than 6 months ago. The "Crusader states" faction is obviously outdated.

He mentioned adding german factions like Austria and Bavaria. I don't know if the plans have changed in the meantime. We'll see.

john duca's Avatar Biarchus

Can't wait for Wallachia!

Campidoctor
    Civitate

Honestly a lot of non-playable factions deserve to be playable such as Galicica-Volhynia, Ryazan-Murom, Bavandid, Salghurids, Uyunids, Rasulids, Hafsids, and as you mentioned Alania.
    Apart of Alania (and maybe the Uyunids, if you borrow everything from BC) they are all super obscure tho, with almost non-existing sources about the look of their warriors. For Alania I could really cluster something together, but it would be a lot of work, since I have to assemble it from French and Russian sources.

FrozenmenSS's Avatar Senator

Alania isn't that important in 1212ad to be playable.We cant have all factions playable in the campaign.For their units for them 14 of the Cumman roster fits them well with around 6 units that can be used by the master Georgian faction as well.

Sent from my GT-I9301I using Tapatalk

Campidoctor
    Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by FrozenmenSS View Post
    Alania isn't that important in 1212ad to be playable.
    Well, importance don't seem to be the only factor since it didn't hindered you to spam the whole internet that Bulgarians aren't playable in Attila for like a half year.

FrozenmenSS's Avatar Senator

Well, importance don't seem to be the only factor since it didn't hindered you to spam the whole internet that Bulgarians aren't playable in Attila for like a half year.
    Alans haven't done something major for the last 1500 years,if we don't count being vassals the hole period to the strongest of the day in the region .The Bulgarians on the otherhand were part of the main disrupting faction in Total war attila - the hunnic confederation and later with the Franks and ERE forming the 3 biggest empires in the early medieval period with the biggest legacy for Europe as in the present day -minor example - the present day Russians. There is huge difference between the 2 examples. Nothing personal.

Sent from my GT-I9301I using Tapatalk
    Last edited by FrozenmenSS; August 21, 2016 at 08:56 AM.

Apart of Alania (and maybe the Uyunids, if you borrow everything from BC) they are all super obscure tho, with almost non-existing sources about the look of their warriors.
    Well, we barely have anything about both Ethiopian factions but they are still playable. We can easily guess what people wore back then based on the region they inhabit, who they interacted with, and so on. At least the Uyunids should be playable to get some sense of Arabian Peninsulan culture, and Hafsids were too important to be unplayable.
    Last edited by Lucem Mundum; August 21, 2016 at 10:27 AM.

Campidoctor
    Civitate

Well, we barely have anything about both Ethiopian factions but they are still playable.
    For Makuria I have posted around 5000 words and 50 pictures, but for the Zagwe I agree. I would like to see them switched with Alania.

We can easily guess what people wore back then based on the region they inhabit, who they interacted with, and so on.
    Well, good luck guessing the Bavandids and carving a whole roster out of it.
    But whatever, this discussion isn't really fruitful when none of the devs is even commenting it.

The roster will mostly consist of Khwarezmian units plus some special ones, just like all the vassals of the HRE.

But whatever, this discussion isn't really fruitful when none of the devs is even commenting it.
    Agreed.

We are aware of all these posts, and we are taking the factions one by one. Once we will get to this roster, we surely will get to those information
    in the research threads. We are always happy about good sources.

SirPeacemaker's Avatar Centenarius

Well, Attila is on my opinion the worst TW game ever. I never played any TW game such few hours like this one. But I have a feeling this mod can be a game changer. Literally. Guys, wish you the best of luck and thank you for your work. I cant wait it.
    Very good rocking song. The message of the song: WHEN PEOPLE LEARN TRUTH ABOUT UKRAINIAN WAR, THEY WILL GO INSANE!! (I suggest to turn the english subtitles on. Its over 18only because of violent pictures) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AAR6nUV7VI

Beregond's Avatar TWC boomer

Apart of Alania (and maybe the Uyunids, if you borrow everything from BC) they are all super obscure tho, with almost non-existing sources about the look of their warriors. For Alania I could really cluster something together, but it would be a lot of work, since I have to assemble it from French and Russian sources.
    I can give you plenty of sources on Galicia and to an extent Murom, so speak for yourself

Btw, why not make Galicia playable instead of Chernigov, with latter being almost 100% identical to Kiev anyway?
    While Galicia was influenced a lot by nearby Poland and westernized its armies.

Campidoctor
    Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by Beregond View Post
    I can give you plenty of sources on Galicia and to an extent Murom, so speak for yourself
    What kind of sources? You have some links?

@Lucem and Linus, I'm still catching up on the recorded parts of Medieval history, so it's a bit difficult to come up with proper questions to ask as I am very unfamiliar in those parts of the world. Honestly, I have never even heard of the Bulgarian Tsardom, Kingdom of Georgia, or Volga Bulgaria, even Latin Empire until I started working on this mod. I have no idea who the Bavanids, Galicia, or Chernigov factions are, so I'm learning from everybody here on the forums.

Beregond's Avatar TWC boomer

I don't honestly understand what do you as 'links', but there were plenty of material provided here, for example
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...Unit-Additions

to make a further example of the 'super obscure faction', Daniel of Galicia was crowned the first King of Rus' by the Pope archbishop in 1253 (Rex Rusiae, Rex Galiciae et Lodomeriae, Rex Polonie et Russie, Terre Russie Domin et Heres)
    Last edited by warman222; August 22, 2016 at 11:12 AM. Reason: Removed the personal insult that provoked Linus in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Slytacular View Post
    @Lucem and Linus, I'm still catching up on the recorded parts of Medieval history, so it's a bit difficult to come up with proper questions to ask as I am very unfamiliar in those parts of the world. Honestly, I have never even heard of the Bulgarian Tsardom, Kingdom of Georgia, or Volga Bulgaria, even Latin Empire until I started working on this mod. I have no idea who the Bavanids, Galicia, or Chernigov factions are, so I'm learning from everybody here on the forums.
    Both Galicia and Chernigov were Rus princedoms. Not sure how much they would add to the game honestly, since we'd already have Kiev and I assume all of the Rus factions will have essentially the same roster.

Bavandids are more interesting as they're the last noble house descended from the Sassanids (from a cadet branch iirc). They were in Mazandaran and held the lands for multiple Muslim rulers. They were converted at this point of history. So they're a local (Iranian) dynasty, should probably have some kind of 'Persian' army and Ghulams. Honestly, they weren't particularly powerful rulers, so unless the mod team wants to make a native Iranian faction possible (not like they're Zoroastrians, so the whole restoring Persian rule would be pretty hollow), the Kwharezmids fill pretty much the Iranian faction need.

Campidoctor
    Civitate

I don't honestly understand what do you as 'links', but there were plenty of material provided here, for example
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...Unit-Additions
    Plenty of material: 4 drawings, 2 of them labeled by yourself as "inaccurate", and one photo of a re-enactor.
    I dont care for the Kievian Rus here, or Suzdal, or Novgorod. I ask for sources from Galicia alone. I want to know how different they looked and fought from the other Rus'.

to make a further example of the 'super obscure faction', Daniel of Galicia was crowned the first King of Rus' by the Pope archbishop in 1253 (Rex Rusiae, Rex Galiciae et Lodomeriae, Rex Polonie et Russie, Terre Russie Domin et Heres)
    For Total War not the political history but the state of sources concerning the look and equipment of the warriors counts, and that was what I was refering to with "super obscure", which might have been a hyperbole. Feel free to correct me with your plenty of sources.
    Last edited by warman222; August 22, 2016 at 11:11 AM. Reason: Personal Insult Removed