Page 64 of 66 FirstFirst ... 143954555657585960616263646566 LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,280 of 1310

Thread: Medieval Kingdoms Total War: Campaign Map Master Thread

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Default Re: Medieval Kingdoms Total War: Campaign Map Master Thread

In my game the AI hires tons of units and is very good at sniping at your armies. You have to be very careful not to be caught off-guards: having armies away from the cities or spread too much.

Sanitation is a pain in the ass, it seems really tedious and difficult to build sanitation buildings, and even when I do I get no benefits (Constantinopole), and also it seems like consumption hits too often, I mean its almost unplayable.

Also why do I get "Civil war" when some provinces rebel? I feel like that is unfair and overkill.

Sanitation - I have a question to the team: are you going to make it a parameter of the game, or make it historical?
    For the moment it feels very historical: in these times it was absolutely not possible to avoid plagues, the cities were constantly decimated, it was the factor which held numbers in check, so the current MKTW state is very much historical.

Julio-Claudian's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by The Despondent Mind View Post
    Sanitation is a pain in the ass, it seems really tedious and difficult to build sanitation buildings, and even when I do I get no benefits (Constantinopole), and also it seems like consumption hits too often, I mean its almost unplayable.

Also why do I get "Civil war" when some provinces rebel? I feel like that is unfair and overkill.
    You get a civil war because the 'rebel' faction in certain provinces is the same as the 'civil war' faction that appears when a general rebels or army mutinies. I assume they'll add more rebel factions to provinces in the future.

I don't find sanitation to be that much of a problem, definitely not making my campaign unplayable. I wonder why?

Another question, I have taken Basra, but its not counted as a "port", although I have the spice port building.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    Sanitation - I have a question to the team: are you going to make it a parameter of the game, or make it historical?
    For the moment it feels very historical: in these times it was absolutely not possible to avoid plagues, the cities were constantly decimated, it was the factor which held numbers in check, so the current MKTW state is very much historical.
    the cities were constantly decimated
    I am not familiar with this, if this happened so much the black plague would not be worth noting or any other major plague in history of Europe and Middle-East.

it was the factor which held numbers in check

Or maybe the climate, the primitive agriculture/architecture/industry/chemistry/infrastructure etc etc? There were major contagious diseases even in early 20th century(the spanish flu), but diseases were FAR from the only check on the population. Rome(and China) had the Antonine plague but still its populations recovered cause it had better climate, agriculture, infrastructure, just overall better life conditions, then medieval Mediterranean.

Quote Originally Posted by Julio-Claudian View Post
    You get a civil war because the 'rebel' faction in certain provinces is the same as the 'civil war' faction that appears when a general rebels or army mutinies. I assume they'll add more rebel factions to provinces in the future.
    Thanks for the answer.

I don't find sanitation to be that much of a problem, definitely not making my campaign unplayable. I wonder why?
    I will give you an example, in my Khwarazmian campaign, there is just isn't any rhyme or reason to it, cities with no sanitation buildings have green sanitation, and cities that don't have red, I conquer Baghdad that has not a single sanitation building but its in green, then after a few turns its in deep red, although I just demolished some non-sanitation related buildings. At some moments consumption just hits everywhere, and the early sanitation buildings cannot help me cause their contribution is pathetic.
    Last edited by The Despondent Mind; December 18, 2019 at 09:37 AM.

Marble Emperor's Avatar Tiro

There is a rhyme and reason, the problem is most likely growth being too high. There is a sanitation debuff if the level of city does not correspond with the population. For example, if you have a population of 400,000 and your city building is still level one, the sanitation is going to take a hit. In the mod’s current state, population growth can be a bit high, at least it seems that way to me.

Swagger's Avatar Imperial Coffee-Runner

I've found agents to be way overpowered.

A level 1 assassin can pretty much assassinate everyone within a few tries. A level 1 spy sets fire to a city with 50% chance. I've had to spend my whole turn income rebuilding a city over and over again.

It's pretty much unplayable unless I edit the files to remove agents all together.
    Under the Patronage of the Dreadful cedric37!
    Ancs Guide, Emergent Factions , Yes/No Events |L'Outremer for Modders| Swagger's Skymod

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    In my game the AI hires tons of units and is very good at sniping at your armies. You have to be very careful not to be caught off-guards: having armies away from the cities or spread too much.
    Can you give savefile your campaign for test? Googledisk links maybe

Quote Originally Posted by Swagger View Post
    I've found agents to be way overpowered.

A level 1 assassin can pretty much assassinate everyone within a few tries. A level 1 spy sets fire to a city with 50% chance. I've had to spend my whole turn income rebuilding a city over and over again.

It's pretty much unplayable unless I edit the files to remove agents all together.
    I second that. But I find it a rather way to abuse the system by the player than by the AI: my agents can do everything even if it's a Very Hard campaign.
    In particular, the priests are way OP. A church gives you 3 religion conversion (or so), a cathedral 10, while a priest after some time - 45. You can convert any province in a few turns.

Levelling up agents is also very fast (unlike the generals, what I really appreciate).

Has anyone else noticed that hordes don't have population? Did this feature get scrapped or is it coming in a later iteration?

Below is an image from moddb

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	population.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	241.4 KB 
ID:	360249

Totalize's Avatar Libertus

Campaign main screen is buggered up. The factions run left to right across the screen and the difficulty slider overlays some factions not allowing me to select them. They are not contained in the box at the top.
    Any suggestions on how to fix it? Running a 1070 graphics with 27 inch screen at 1920x1080.
    Last edited by Totalize; December 20, 2019 at 08:37 AM.

This mod was not announced in TWC main page, but it should! The release of this mod is one of the most important TW events of this year .

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Boicote View Post
    This mod was not announced in TWC main page, but it should! The release of this mod is one of the most important TW events of this year .
    That is up for the modder to decide and here or here (oldest post) is information about how to announce a mod on the frontpage.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

If this game has been released, can someone please post a link to it? I can't find one. Maybe I'm just blind....

Hello, I love this mod and I want to know if the papal states will be playable on the grand campaign
    Thanks

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjaheman View Post
    If this game has been released, can someone please post a link to it? I can't find one. Maybe I'm just blind....
    Read the OP.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

anyone else noticing the AI doesn't seem to recruit any armies?

Does anybody have the last update's link ? I searched every where but I didn't found anything newer than the one in steam , and it has no campaign and kingdom of Bavaria is not in that update

Cant believe this has been released and i've only just found out!!

Libertus

I wish to add my own request to those that have already been submitted by the comrades above, that someone please provide a link to the actual downloadable content associated with the ostensible release of the campaign. I've been perusing the threads here and none of the original posts have been updated to incorporate any recent information concerning the disposition of this mod, though it seems evident by the comments that there is a new release out there somewhere. Anyways, thank you guys for all of your work, I have literally been awaiting this release for years.