Thread: On Makedonia

Default On Makedonia

So, in the hope of the coming of 2.1c (basically the next update) a questions on Macedonia. I've never progressed to the point of getting the uhh "royal government" of that country so help? You go down the hellenic administration path right, then upgrade the..city, or the "foreign military colony"? Back then I was hoping for an upgrade on the city to appear because I believed it absurd one would want to put foreign military men in the land that already has a native population that is ALREADY Hellenistic and is accustomed (the original masters actually) of the style of combat that produces units like the foot companions and the horse companions.However, I am asking for help, so in the new game, I'll be following whatever pointers anybody will be willing to give.

delra's Avatar Praepositus

Default Re: On Makedonia

It's a complete waste of time building a Native Colony anywhere in Greece: it gives nothing. You can't make it not-buildable there, because using regional bars prevents it being build-able anywhere.

You need to install Hellenistic Colonies in Pella - it's more like rebuilding the institutions ravaged by war, there. That's the critical thing about the city - at the start of the game it's in a bad way, and Antigonos has just moved in. Get a helcol_two in Pella, and you'll have access to the Basilike Patris and it's elites, as well as more Phalangitai.

EDIT: That diagram is out of date, in terms of the requirements. For Basilike Patris it's polis_two and helcol_two, not polis_three and helcol_three. Plus it needs to be at least a City.
    Last edited by QuintusSertorius; January 19, 2016 at 08:12 AM.

Yeah, you basically need polis (already present at the start) second level of colonies and be a large city. And you would be able to build your best goverment and start getting elites.

We will either find a way, or make one.

Thanks man!! Wooooo...however..is there a legit plan out there to make an up-to-date diagram? Like for all factions? It would be IMMENSELY helpful for everybody. EB2's awesomeness is its complexity, but this leads to errors by less knowledgeable players (e.g.me) that result in a very wrong government in a very crucial province. It's potentially a cause to rage-quit when you've realized that you've wasted all those turns developing a settlement in a backward direction.

Yes, a team meber is working on some building trees, but I don't know when it will be published. Not before 2.1c anyway. Keep in mind it will come faction by faction as it's rather time intensitive (the dev build changes here and there from time to time).

Well, as far as the EDB goes, it's nearly a daily basis!

But the material stuff that impacts Rien (who's doing a sterling job of putting together charts of the construction options for each faction) tends to be less frequent, and is mostly stabilised now I've been through them.

So as Pergamon I'm screwed now that I own Ankyra and have kicked the Seleucid out of Asia Minor? Who do I lobby to change the requirements?

Quote Originally Posted by War lord View Post
    So as Pergamon I'm screwed now that I own Ankyra and have kicked the Seleucid out of Asia Minor? Who do I lobby to change the requirements?
    You already have. There's discussion about changing these triggers in our internal forum