Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Graphic art pictures for loading screens and others

Default Re: Graphic art pictures for loading screens and others

Guys, there was a really old thread with many more pictures about that, probably I am gonna try to find it later.

I am posting new ones, I haven't posted before:

Last edited by Thinkerman; March 20, 2016 at 02:50 PM.
    Proud Tsardoms: Total war Concept Artist.

Best of my work for Tsardoms: TW [link]
    thinkerman.deviantart.com/

Wallachian's Avatar Citizen

Wow dude after so many years. Wish you had stayed! I love the first picture, it's excellent. Can you repost your old sketches?

Hrobatos's Avatar Praeses

You just reminded me that I did whole lot of loading screens for Tsardoms but never gave them here up.

here is an example. I found essentialy various pictures that could represent in terms of time frame and equipment oone of our factions and edited them in such way that they appear uniform and alike.

Well send them out so that we can add them in They look excellent, did you do other factions other than these?

Hrobatos's Avatar Praeses

They are just whole lots of pictures, but thematic of pictures covers all of our factions. First for example are Swiss or Austrians, second Hungarians and third late Swiss.
    I got also whole lot more, mostly western but also Turks, Greeks etc.

I will upload them all to the dev now.

Quote Originally Posted by Wallachian View Post
    Wow dude after so many years. Wish you had stayed! I love the first picture, it's excellent. Can you repost your old sketches?
    Thank you, man, really. I admire all of you guys's efforts, I wish I stayed but unfortunately it was a strange period in my life.

I can repost them if I find all of them, but I am not particulary happy with them After all I've been working on my skills for the past years and they remind me how bad I've been.

Hrobatos, these are great, it is a really good way of unifcation of the different styles of the pictures.
    Proud Tsardoms: Total war Concept Artist.

Best of my work for Tsardoms: TW [link]
    thinkerman.deviantart.com/

paleologos's Avatar You need burrito love!!

Nice work people, all of you!

Thanks Paleologos, it seems our mod is getting an unexpected revival. With a few members re-becoming active. Hopefully soon you will be able to enjoy our late medieval and early renaissance units in a head to head battle beta.

Excellent work on Titanium, you are one of the few remaining Medieval 2 artists in the community!

how do u find this?

Croatian flags of the Kingdom of Croatia, Bosnia and Dalmatia during the coronation of king Leopold I. in Bratislava (Požun) 27th June 1655.

ENG/Flags and coat of arms of
    Hungaryan/Croatian crown lands, (from left) Kingdom of Bosnia, Croatia and Dalmatia from the ''Triumphzug Kaiser Maximilians I'' by Albrecht Altdorfer 1512-1515

Good pictures but we don't use any period images for loading screens. We just use modern art as per Hrobatos' post with the screens.

ahas OK

Default Re: Graphic art, pictures for loading screens and others

fffff

Default Re: Graphic art, pictures for loading screens and others

Quote Originally Posted by The Glorious Moldovan View Post
    I'm asking because old illustrators for kid's books don't really take into account historical documentations of romanian medieval dress codes and uniforms. So they often use generic formulas to express the medieval times.

I have some books with excellent medieval illustrations written by Neagu Djuvara and illustrated by Radu Olteanu, but sadly i don't have a scanner for good quality pics.

But if i'm not mistaking, there are pdfs online for free, to extract the pages with rich detailed, historically accurate illustrations. Now, i won't be doing that, because of the forum's rules on copyright. By the way are you part of the Tsarsdoms team, Nichita? You could find those pdfs with some quick googling and show them to the developers.
    You are quite right. Most of the pictures on the first page arent really accurate. I am guessing that they come from the illustrator's imagination of medieval dress, and not valid research. That being noted, they could still be used. If the units are done right, who cares?

There is a large database of Medieval Western European artworks if anyone is interested. Here is the link
    http://manuscriptminiatures.com/
    Last edited by Rad; April 09, 2016 at 05:12 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123