Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Graphic art pictures for loading screens and others

Default Re: Graphic art, pictures for loading screens and others

SerbianWOLF's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: Graphic art pictures for loading screens and others

Quote Originally Posted by Nichita View Post
    I didn't figure out where is the "Edit post" button. I'm still new here .
    Take a look at lower-right corner of your post. You will see buttons: Edit Post, Reply, Reply With Quote. Hit the Edit one.

Yea, so chek this thread actually: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ens-and-others
    Already did.

I actually did fifure that out, thank you anyway
    Errr... I still thik why hasn't anybody really appreciated those pictures or added some of their own.. Anyway, I guess it takes time.

Mural Orthodox painting at Moldovota Monastery (Romania) depicting the Fall of Constantonople. I want to include more pictures of the same painting but of different angle and fotto quality:

Further medieval imagery

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Spot detail of the same painting (here depicting Turkish cannons):

This is the painting from the entrance in Monastery Voronet (famous and unique monastery in ROmania for it's unique blue colours) depicting the Judgement of the Afterlife. On the left is Heaven, centre and up is Jeasus as judge and the 40 Eldres also as judges (I hope I don't get this worng, I think they make appereance in Saint Jon's Apocalypse), below them on the left are the the righteous, pure and innocent people that are going to Heaven and on their right are the sinners going to hell (the ones depicted there I think are the Jews, the Muslims and the last ones I don't remember) and down - right is hell and on the botton of it is Lucifer and the Beast.

A much better quality one:

More paintingsfrom Voronet"

~

I think here is Stephen The Great near Jeasus making making the offer of the monastery

This is Mircea the Elder depicted at the monastery Cozia that he founded:

This I'm not sure w is..

I think this is supposed to be the Slavo-Romanian Psalter, a very important work of a Romanian metropolitan Coresi

This should be the New Testament of Balgrad (not Belgrade) by Simion Stephen:

Last edited by Wallachian; January 20, 2016 at 05:02 PM. Reason: Too many individual posts

Maybe they did not see them.

Dusan Silni's Avatar Tiro

Nice images man but I am not sure that anyone from this mod will use them cause it is DEAD.

Quote Originally Posted by Dusan Silni View Post
    Nice images man but I am not sure that anyone from this mod will use them cause it is DEAD.
    What do you mean "DEAD"? Are they no longer making this mod?

What do you mean "DEAD"? Are they no longer making this mod?
    kingsman said that mod is not dead. He is working on it so we will see.

Quite so. They don't really need to be 100% just to represent some people of that particular timeframe. Why do you ask? They are good enough, modders will find uses for them. For example the picture of the guy that got shot with an arrow to the chest can be the picture in the message that tells you that your general died. The one with the one with that guy and the women being united by an elderly figure can be the picture in the message that points out one of your general can be married with someone; etc.
    I'm asking because old illustrators for kid's books don't really take into account historical documentations of romanian medieval dress codes and uniforms. So they often use generic formulas to express the medieval times.

I have some books with excellent medieval illustrations written by Neagu Djuvara and illustrated by Radu Olteanu, but sadly i don't have a scanner for good quality pics.

But if i'm not mistaking, there are pdfs online for free, to extract the pages with rich detailed, historically accurate illustrations. Now, i won't be doing that, because of the forum's rules on copyright. By the way are you part of the Tsarsdoms team, Nichita? You could find those pdfs with some quick googling and show them to the developers.

Quote Originally Posted by Dusan Silni View Post
    there will be a beta relese then will see if we will continue

if someone thinks that he can do this here PM me i have a job for u and u can help speed up the development!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zF8llkWDfO4 its easy

I think that they are very beautiful illustrated and they would fit with certain game events like the marriage proposal with the man and that women being united by the father, the death of the general with the guy that got shot on the chest, an ambush battle with the image that illustrates the Battle of Posada, the image with the Moldovan Voievod and the Sultan can be probably an alliance/vassalage announcement or improved diplomatic relations. As, I said they don't need to be 100% accurate, let's not get so pompous here, they are not that something that's ridiculously made up. No, I'm not part of the team, I decided to participate on these threads just a few days ago. Emmm... I'm not so sure how I can help with those pdfs but nevertheless, tell me what I need to do and I'll see how can I help. If you are asking if I have a quality scanner, no then I can't help...

You can try finding "Mircea cel Bătrân şi luptele cu turcii" and "De la Vlad Ţepeş la Dracula Vampirul" and maybe "Cum s-a născut poporul român?" since we're talking about inspirations for game events, if you want some real historical illustrations. Radu Olteanu is very well known for being persistent in representing images as historically accurate as possible.

Further medieval images

The Castle from Cris-Mures

I realized just now that this castle is in the form of a Star Fort that's specific to the 17th century..sorry

Byzantine soldier

Romaian medieval warriors

A nice picture of Sibiu (Hermanstadt)

Nice picture of Brasov (Clausenburg)

Nice picture of Timisoara (this I think is from the fall of Ottoman domination era..)

Vlad the Impaler, "getting rid" of all the beggars, cripples and mentally ill people of Targoviste.

Picture of different soldiers from different nations (probably mostly Transylvania, also a Turkish Janissary on the roght corner I think).

Image of Castle Bran

Rasnov fortress

Giurgiu fort under siege.

Image of the Battle of Rovine

I'm not sure about the historical accuracy o this one..

Image of the battle of Rovine.

Much better one:

I think another picture of Radu Olteanu:

Last edited by Wallachian; January 20, 2016 at 04:59 PM. Reason: Too many individual posts

An illustration of probably Mircea the Old? It's also from Radu Olteanu.

Blidaru fortress (fort maybe?)

Fort/fortress Orastiei

So this should be Vlad the Impaler and a soldier?

Piatra Rosie

Tarpesti village

I think this are all the images I can provide. There are lots more interesting ones that I can't access via google images but I found the the pdf of the book "De la Vlad Tepes la Dracula Vampirul" ("From Vlad the Impaler to Dracula the Vampire") by Neagu Djuvara (possibly the best and the most honest Romanian historian, 100 years old and still rocking, doing fenomenal on health). Here's the link to the book https://cabinetuldeistorie.files.wor...a-vampirul.pdf. Someone that has a good scanner and more skill at computing and photo shop can harvest more images from here.
    Gloriousoldovan, I would ask you to also provide the pdf link from "Mircea cel Mare şi luptele sale cu turcii" ("Mircea The Great and his fights with the Turks").
    No good images can be found in "Formarea/Inceputurile poporului roman" ("The formation/beginning" of the Romanian nation")! All images here are from the Dacian-Roman wars and during the timeframe of the Aurelian retreat!

Well, nvm I managed to find some more. Calnic (Kellinger Burg) citadel/fort/fortress

Cisnadioara citadel

Church Fortress of Biertan

Detailed pictures of Sibiu (Transylvania):
    ~
    ~
    Reconstruction of Sibiu in 1200
    ~
    ~

Sighisoara (Schassburg, Transylvania)

Rasnov fortress (Rosenauer burg, Transylvania).

Actual picture of Sighisoara

I hope these images have been helpful in some way. Also, I would like to ask the developers what kind of images they currently need (if they currently need images). More Orthodox paintings? More portraits of charters painted in Orthodox fashion? More pictures like I posted? I ask, I'm going to try to find some..

Map of Transilvanya

Last edited by Wallachian; January 20, 2016 at 05:06 PM. Reason: Too many individual posts

Wallachian's Avatar Citizen

Nichita please stop posting so many pictures in separate posts. You are flooding the forum. You can do one post and just keep editing it. Also literally every single one of these pictures have been posted here before. Moldova and Wallachia are finalised and will not be changed so there is no point in posting new pics for them. Also, we have a large database of medieval Balkan imagery. It's great you went through the trouble though so kudos to you for trying.

Also please use spoilers to reduce loading time like this

[ SPOILER ]

Put image here

[ /SPOILER ]
    Last edited by Wallachian; January 20, 2016 at 04:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wallachian View Post
    Nichita please stop posting so many pictures in separate posts. You are flooding the forum. You can do one post and just keep editing it. Also literally every single one of these pictures have been posted here before. Moldova and Wallachia are finalised and will not be changed so there is no point in posting new pics for them. Also, we have a large database of medieval Balkan imagery. It's great you went through the trouble though so kudos to you for trying.

Also please use spoilers to reduce loading time like this

[ SPOILER ]

Put image here

[ /SPOILER ]
    Allright, it's good to know about the spoiler thing, as I said I am new here I have a severe amount of knowledge about how to properly post pictures and many other things, hell, I didn't even knew since some days ago where is the edit post button (yea, you'll have to forgive me on that, please). ABout why I made a second thread....well when I "finished" the first one, I went back to the list of present threads and I saw that mine was not included (weird, I thought to myself that some odd crashed occurred when I clicked the post button or maybe some internet issues) and then I made a new one and I also figured out how to "properly" show picture (now thanks to you I also know how to use the spoiler thing. Also, is there a way to delete threads? I could have solved this issue much early if this webesite would have a clear, direct and explicit set of options. Furthermore, could you make a thread (I don't know if there is one yet) where you ask us, the community in what way we might contribute and what has already been finished and what pictures/music/images/etc does the game already contains?
    Anyway, sorry for the trouble I really didn't want to beheave like an excited 12 year old (even tough...I kinda did).
    Last edited by Nichita; January 21, 2016 at 10:11 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast