Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Graphic art pictures for loading screens and others

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Graphic art pictures for loading screens and others

So, I decided to start this thread where you can put images that represent Tsardoms timeframe that the modders can use.
    ~
    ~
    ~
    ~
    ~

~
    ~

Default Graphic art, pictures for loading screens and others

So I started this thread in or der for us to put images for the developers to use in the game.

Default Re: Graphic art, pictures for loading screens and others

This one is Vlad the Impaler and his force striking the Ottoman camp at night disguised as Turks, aiming to kill the sultan.
    Last edited by Nichita; January 19, 2016 at 01:42 PM.

Are these even historically accurate?

Quote Originally Posted by The Glorious Moldovan View Post
    Are these even historically accurate?
    Quite so. They don't really need to be 100% just to represent some people of that particular timeframe. Why do you ask? They are good enough, modders will find uses for them. For example the picture of the guy that got shot with an arrow to the chest can be the picture in the message that tells you that your general died. The one with the one with that guy and the women being united by an elderly figure can be the picture in the message that points out one of your general can be married with someone; etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Nichita View Post
    Quite so. They don't really need to be 100% just to represent some people of that particular timeframe. Why do you ask? They are good enough, modders will find uses for them. For example the picture of the guy that got shot with an arrow to the chest can be the picture in the message that tells you that your general died. The one with the one with that guy and the women being united by an elderly figure can be the picture in the message that points out one of your general can be married with someone; etc.
    I'm asking because old illustrators for kid's books don't really take into account historical documentations of romanian medieval dress codes and uniforms. So they often use generic formulas to express the medieval times.

I have some books with excellent medieval illustrations written by Neagu Djuvara and illustrated by Radu Olteanu, but sadly i don't have a scanner for good quality pics.

But if i'm not mistaking, there are pdfs online for free, to extract the pages with rich detailed, historically accurate illustrations. Now, i won't be doing that, because of the forum's rules on copyright. By the way are you part of the Tsarsdoms team, Nichita? You could find those pdfs with some quick googling and show them to the developers.

I think that they are very beautiful illustrated and they would fit with certain game events like the marriage proposal with the man and that women being united by the father, the death of the general with the guy that got shot on the chest, an ambush battle with the image that illustrates the Battle of Posada, the image with the Moldovan Voievod and the Sultan can be probably an alliance/vassalage announcement or improved diplomatic relations. As, I said they don't need to be 100% accurate, let's not get so pompous here, they are not that something that's ridiculously made up. No, I'm not part of the team, I decided to participate on these threads just a few days ago. Emmm... I'm not so sure how I can help with those pdfs but nevertheless, tell me what I need to do and I'll see how can I help. If you are asking if I have a quality scanner, no then I can't help...

Quote Originally Posted by The Glorious Moldovan View Post
    I'm asking because old illustrators for kid's books don't really take into account historical documentations of romanian medieval dress codes and uniforms. So they often use generic formulas to express the medieval times.

I have some books with excellent medieval illustrations written by Neagu Djuvara and illustrated by Radu Olteanu, but sadly i don't have a scanner for good quality pics.

But if i'm not mistaking, there are pdfs online for free, to extract the pages with rich detailed, historically accurate illustrations. Now, i won't be doing that, because of the forum's rules on copyright. By the way are you part of the Tsarsdoms team, Nichita? You could find those pdfs with some quick googling and show them to the developers.
    You are quite right. Most of the pictures on the first page arent really accurate. I am guessing that they come from the illustrator's imagination of medieval dress, and not valid research. That being noted, they could still be used. If the units are done right, who cares?

There is a large database of Medieval Western European artworks if anyone is interested. Here is the link
    http://manuscriptminiatures.com/
    Last edited by Rad; April 09, 2016 at 05:12 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast