Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: [CAMPAIGN] Manpower System for Ancient Empires, By Causeless

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

Default Re: [CAMPAIGN] Manpower System for Ancient Empires, By Causeless

PoR is hardcoded to only 4 classes and not more. The code you see in there for 16 classes is to allow for mixed class units and so there are 16 possible mixes of those 4 classes rather than 16 individual classes. This part has not been finished yet but hopefully will be added in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnar View Post
    PoR is hardcoded to only 4 classes and not more. The code you see in there for 16 classes is to allow for mixed class units and so there are 16 possible mixes of those 4 classes rather than 16 individual classes. This part has not been finished yet but hopefully will be added in the future.
    Great, thanks for the clarification

That sounds like a really exciting feature with a lot of potential. Great work on PoR2 - can't wait to see future updates!
    modificateurs sans frontières

Developer for Ancient Empires
    (scripter, developed tools for music modding, tools to import custom battle maps into campaign)

Lead developer of Attila Citizenship Population Mod
    (joint 1st place for Gameplay Mods in 2016 Modding Awards)

Assisted with RMV2 Converter
    (2nd place for Warscape Engine Resources in 2016 Modding Awards)

I had a question. Do you think something like this could be done in warhammer? I only ask cause I'm thinking of adding in a population like system into it but people have told me that they have limited what you could do in warhammer.

Quote Originally Posted by Bombiz View Post
    I had a question. Do you think something like this could be done in warhammer? I only ask cause I'm thinking of adding in a population like system into it but people have told me that they have limited what you could do in warhammer.
    I'm not sure, I've not looked into scripting for Warhammer. Litharion, an author on PoR2, has done Warhammer scripting and would definitely know more there, so I'd suggest you ask him when given the chance.

(scripter, developed tools for music modding, tools to import custom battle maps into campaign)

Maetharin's Avatar Senator

Thx both Magnar and Causeless for clarifying^^

Can´t wait for the finished AE-campaign
    "Ceterum censeo Carthaginem delendam esse!"

Marcus Porcius Cato Censorius

"I concur!"

​Me

Quote Originally Posted by Causeless View Post
    I'm not sure, I've not looked into scripting for Warhammer. Litharion, an author on PoR2, has done Warhammer scripting and would definitely know more there, so I'd suggest you ask him when given the chance.
    do you know what would be the best way to contact him? should I just send him a PM?

Quote Originally Posted by Bombiz View Post
    do you know what would be the best way to contact him? should I just send him a PM?
    Sending him a PM ought to work.

Joysong's Avatar Miles

i know from other post that the manpower system for AE isn't going to be in first release thats ok, but is this WIP or has it been abandoned. I believe the AE team has no scripters atm and really needs help on this part am i correct? same gose for an Supply line script.

Maybe the community can help create awareness among TW scripters. I only has knowleage of DB-editing in RTWII so i will make sub-mods (if i believe its a good addition) but nothing fancy like a script

Just cross-posting from another thread to update on the status of this:

Hey, I've seen some chat in here about scripts and got some private messages so would like to leave some thoughts and information.#

None of Hardballer's code is used in AE. They weren't ever really complete or ready to be used. He quit the team immediately after I was reinvited, and I investigated his code to determine what of it could be used but it was too incomplete to use in the mod, especially systems like manpower which was only a UI prototype with no code to actually implement the gameplay mechanics.

The framework being referred to is my own, and regrettably it started apparently crashing the game under certain circumstances sometime after I stopped seriously working on it. I've not really taken a close look at these issues.

The supply script exists and is effectively finished, I believe, however it cannot be easily removed from the framework due to relying on it for saving/loading data.

On manpower: it's clean code, not much is hardcoded, but it's unfinished. It needs changes to properly work with AE's game mechanics and AoR system. The key missing component is a proper system for population growth. There's also probably certain changes and fixes to be made in the population tracking system we utilize for multiplayer and AI recruitment compatibility, but I wouldn't remember exactly as I've not looked at it for a good while.

All of the systems are there in some form or another, and there's certainly a good foundation to build upon (I'm pretty confident that the various framework tools such as error logging and save/loading data functionality are some of the best of any scripts out there for Warscape TW). I'm sure that a good scripter with a bit of time could finish it without too much difficulty. You can find all the source code for all of AE's various scripts here: https://bitbucket.org/Causeless/ae-tools/src and here: https://bitbucket.org/Causeless/ancientempiresscripts/src

Hey Causeless, been a while since we’ve heard from you!
    Can we take from your post that you don‘t intend to continue working on the population script?
    A pity, but it‘s your decision.

Would you know how difficult it would be to transfer PoR to Atilla?
    Or if it were possible to use those parts of it to finish your script?
    Because as far as I am aware, your approach had more population classes for parallel societies.

"I concur!"

​Me

Sorry mobile acting up

"I concur!"

​Me

UMCenturion's Avatar Ducenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Causeless View Post
    Just cross-posting from another thread to update on the status of this:

Hey, I've seen some chat in here about scripts and got some private messages so would like to leave some thoughts and information.#

None of Hardballer's code is used in AE. They weren't ever really complete or ready to be used. He quit the team immediately after I was reinvited, and I investigated his code to determine what of it could be used but it was too incomplete to use in the mod, especially systems like manpower which was only a UI prototype with no code to actually implement the gameplay mechanics.

The framework being referred to is my own, and regrettably it started apparently crashing the game under certain circumstances sometime after I stopped seriously working on it. I've not really taken a close look at these issues.

The supply script exists and is effectively finished, I believe, however it cannot be easily removed from the framework due to relying on it for saving/loading data.

On manpower: it's clean code, not much is hardcoded, but it's unfinished. It needs changes to properly work with AE's game mechanics and AoR system. The key missing component is a proper system for population growth. There's also probably certain changes and fixes to be made in the population tracking system we utilize for multiplayer and AI recruitment compatibility, but I wouldn't remember exactly as I've not looked at it for a good while.

All of the systems are there in some form or another, and there's certainly a good foundation to build upon (I'm pretty confident that the various framework tools such as error logging and save/loading data functionality are some of the best of any scripts out there for Warscape TW). I'm sure that a good scripter with a bit of time could finish it without too much difficulty. You can find all the source code for all of AE's various scripts here: https://bitbucket.org/Causeless/ae-tools/src and here: https://bitbucket.org/Causeless/ancientempiresscripts/src
    We really are looking forward to intgrating these into the mod. Will be tremendously dynamic and exciting to use. Thanks Causeless.

Mod Lead - UI/2D Art - Custom Map Editing

I know that with the campaign release scripting has been the last thing on your minds,
    but would you know if this will be finished in the foreseeable future?

Or would it be easier to port PoR2 over to Atilla?
    Maybe the missing parts of Causeless‘ script could be taken from PoR2, if the Authors allowed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Affenbaron View Post
    I know that with the campaign release scripting has been the last thing on your minds,
    but would you know if this will be finished in the foreseeable future?

Or would it be easier to port PoR2 over to Atilla?
    Maybe the missing parts of Causeless‘ script could be taken from PoR2, if the Authors allowed it.
    I helped develop PoR2, so I'm sure the other developers wouldn't have a huge problem with us adapting it. However, unfortunately, PoR2 suffers from some limitations which do not make it suitable for Attila or AE - not supporting hordes being a clear one.

Furthermore, there's a lot of work that is required to do the db and balancing work, as AE already has in-built systems managing AoR and the such.

However, the entire source code for manpower is included in the release, just disabled. It's not ready for use yet, and will make the game effectively unplayable, but a development version can be activated by modifying the campaigns/main_attila/ae_features.lua file. I'm not sure when (or even if) I'll have time to continue the manpower development, but it's always there if anybody else would like to finish it off.

GM207's Avatar Decanus

Many Many thanks Causeless, may I also add if possible to make the population percentage less then what it was in reality so it work hand in hand with the limitations of the game army recruitment.
    Not sure if I'm making any sense, hope you understand what I'm trying to say.
    But above all great work, finally!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567