Thread: Civil Disorder after Massacre Conquer

Default Civil Disorder after Massacre Conquer

Hello, i have a problem.

After i had conquered tarantum or Rhegium or the North Alpin Regions ( Mediolanum ect) a had trubble with Civil Revolts.

How can i Change the Local Culture to mine? I Can't recruit priests. With Low tax is no better effect .

What Building must i build to change this? Regional Peace Buildiung or Allied State Building?

After 100 Turns, i can't leave Rhegium with my army, after 1 or 2 Turns the Smiley on the Campaign Map is Switched from Green to dark blue or red????

Please Help

Default Re: Civil Disorder after Massacre Conquer

I had trouble as well when i started.
    Try to use regional pacification everywhere, it lets you have a governor there and you wont have any problems after a while.

The conversion of culture is not easy and slow by design.
    Use the Societas Negotiarum Building to change polities to Western Mediterannean Polities(grows by 1% per year, which means every 4 turns).
    It is a slow process.
    Meanwhile, use one of your best governors (with high influence ability) and keep garrison in the settlement - 50% is highest public order bonus through garrison.
    Don't build any buildings which enhance population growth until you have a stable public order.
    Try to keep taxes low in the beginning to enhance public order, but increase taxes as soon as possible to keep population growth low.
    Build a colony in the settlement to ensure that your own culture can even reach higher values. The colony must later be improved to a higher tier building to allow culture to reach levels over 50%.

Governors with high influence and colonies (for most factions) are your best bet. Also the pass of time gives a slow bonus just by owning the region, and theres some small modifiers like neighboring regions and such but the first two are the most important.

We will either find a way, or make one.

Roman offices gives lots of influence, you can "build" a governor that will maintain public order in conquered regions. For premilinary measures, you could allow your Consul to govern that province until you have the necessary infrastructure to sustain public order that is what I usually do.

delra's Avatar Praepositus

It's game's start, you have no FMs nor armies to spare so:

1. Build allied government and recruit an allied general to govern there.
    2. Recruit spies to kill enemy spies placed there.
    3. Garrison with a bunch of cheaper units, always drag extra skirmishers after conquering army to be the police.
    4. Make sure there are no enemy stacks in the province, they add to unrest.
    5. Always low taxes until the city has maxed walls. Then you can go to very high. :-D
    6. DO NOT MASSACRE. It'll take literal ages to grow these into proper cities if you do so. Only sack if there's a red face after your entire stack and faction heir (the dude that should be doing the conquering to be better faction leader in the future) then you should sack the city.

It's a pain in the ass to have to deal with people rebelling. It's even more of a pain in the ass to have to wait 400 turns for the city to regrow because you broke it on turn 2 with a wrong click. Better spend more time pacifying the place than later waste 10x more turns waiting for growth.
    Last edited by delra; January 16, 2016 at 02:02 AM.

About always low taxes, if the public order is good normal is better. Low taxes with good public order gives bad traits to governors. If you can be green at normal taxes is better because that actually improves your governors giving them the just trait line.

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

I learned a couple things I did not know already by coming here. Thanks guys.

I believe the Romans have the highest unrest penalty out of all factions when they conquer a new city. You'll have to accomodate that. On top of that, some cities just have permanent unrest in them because they were historically difficult to control for the faction you conquered them as.

Dunno about traits, but I'd rather have a couple governors bad at taxation than wait extra 100 turns for bigger walls later on...

Quote Originally Posted by nvm View Post
    I believe the Romans have the highest unrest penalty out of all factions when they conquer a new city.
    That's not accurate, the only government building with any order-impacting penalty is the Ius Latinorum. Their bigger issue is that rel_g is quite rare on the map, so they have a bigger cultural divide to bridge compared to Hellenistic factions, for example.

Is only 0.5% and the difference can be noticeable for governors because it goes from having a bad trait to having a good one.

I mean I still use low taxes but only for in towns that are very small and you need everything you can get to develop them (aside from public order issues). Usually once city level is attained (6k households) I rarelly ever run out of things to build due to lack of population and the grow is pretty good even without that 0.5%. And meanwhile you are getting more taxes and have better governors in average. And its not like one or two, in my experience the traits appear very often in the long run. Usually most my governors get the just trait line and I when I did like you I had a ncie amount with the bad one (although doesnt appear as often as the good one if you use normal, I agree).

Quintus nerfed money for the next release. We'll see, maybe low taxes everywhere won't be viable anymore.