Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: People of Rome 2 (P++) - Main Discussion

Default Re: People of Rome 2 (P++) - Main Discussion

Anyway, I could perhaps look offer some of my code to allow for configurable settings, like creating a settings file that would allow the player to set a custom multiplier for their desired unit size.
    I think completely rewriting the starting populations and/or growth for the mod would require a submod. You can modify those files fairly easily, but it's not really something that would make sense to put into an options file - it's a fundamental part of gameplay balance, not a setting.

I'm suggesting instead that a modifier is added to the settings file to simply multiply the population counts and unit sizes. This value could be changed to match the unit options that the player has.
    Hey Causeless, you still around? Just read some stuff on the AE thread that made me wonder...
    Anyway, this is exactly the thing I was suggesting in the AE thread - would be awesome!

Something like: x*x'/y = y'

where:
    x = full vanilla unit size
    x' = full custom unit size
    y = actual vanilla unit size
    y' = actual custom unit size

EDIT: Now that I read it again I realise it's something different, but also great!
    Last edited by Viking1978; March 10, 2016 at 07:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Viking1978 View Post
    Hey Causeless, you still around? Just read some stuff on the AE thread that made me wonder...
    Anyway, this is exactly the thing I was suggesting in the AE thread - would be awesome!

Something like: x*x'/y = y'

where:
    x = full vanilla unit size
    x' = full custom unit size
    y = actual vanilla unit size
    y' = actual custom unit size

EDIT: Now that I read it again I realise it's something different, but also great!
    I don't fully understand what you mean - could you elaborate?
    modificateurs sans frontières

Developer for Ancient Empires
    (scripter, developed tools for music modding, tools to import custom battle maps into campaign)

Lead developer of Attila Citizenship Population Mod
    (joint 1st place for Gameplay Mods in 2016 Modding Awards)

Assisted with RMV2 Converter
    (2nd place for Warscape Engine Resources in 2016 Modding Awards)

Well, I misunderstood you in the first place. I thought you were talking about a system that showed a different amount of units in the text from the ones you actually see in battle. The one I explained in the AE thread that gives you the idea that you can have bigger armies (e.g. of 10000 in battle outcome & army info) and bigger units (e.g. of 500 in unit info & unit cards), while you still see the same amount in battle that we see now (in vanilla). But I was wrong, I see now that you are talking about adjustable unit size.

Anyway, I was just showing something obvious, probably, that you already have the three unit sizes necessary (x, x', and y) to calculate the fourth one that you need for that system (y'). x and y are already there in vanilla and x' represents the one you already added in your script.

But I see now that I made a mistake. Of course, it should be:
    y*x'/x = y'

Perhaps I should adjust the terminology a bit to avoid confusion:

x = vanilla full unit size
    x' = custom full unit size
    y = vanilla actual unit size
    y' = custom actual unit size

Example for a vanilla unit of 41/160, where you want to see units numbering 500 instead of 160 would be:

41*500/160= 128 (rounded down)

If you prefer units of 200, that would be:
    41*200/160= 51 (rounded down)

If you prefer units of 1000, that would be:
    41*1000/160= 256 (rounded down)

Would be even better, of course, if the custom full unit size (x') would have a modifier as you mentioned in your post.
    etc.
    Last edited by Viking1978; March 14, 2016 at 12:20 PM.

This looks really interesting. Haven't played R2 for a while, but at a glance, it seems that you guys have made population growth relevant to this game - in the vanilla game, population had no purpose from mid-campaign onward. Will definitely give this a go.

In this mod, do units still cost money to recruit?

From the videos and pictures I've seen, it just looks like units cost population only.

Quote Originally Posted by Naja View Post

From the videos and pictures I've seen, it just looks like units cost population only.
    Units still cost money.

You can see the money indicator on the unit card when the mouse passes over.

It's worth noting that due to a shortcoming in this mod, you cannot see the money a unit costs if you do not have enough population to recruit it, due to how the unit card is disabled. This is an issue I've solved for my population mod.

(scripter, developed tools for music modding, tools to import custom battle maps into campaign)

Do you have a link to your mod? Is it like People of Rome?

Do you have a link to your mod? Is it like People of Rome?
    It is not yet released. It is similar to People of Rome, but for Attila. I actually created it side-by-side with the P++ team as they developed theirs (which is why I am credited as a demi-member, due to my contributions).
    Last edited by Causeless; March 14, 2016 at 05:50 PM.

1st of all great mod and i am really excited with coop with Dei. Recently i started playing Wrath of Sparta as Spartans. I am not very far on the campaign yet as i just conquered all argos faction around 431 bc so less than 12 turns.
    Few things i noticed and i am not sure if its working the same way as in grand campaing are: a) regular crashing when switching fast between cities and clicking on armies standing in those cities b)Is it normal that my army units replenish on military ally territories(if yes it's prolly mod breaking for me ).
    Also does the slaves i get from defeating armies added to the recruitable population? For example Helots were actually Slaves and they belong on commoners class. So if i defeat an army and capture slaves do they increase commoners class in all my regions?

Litharion's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Causeless View Post
    Units still cost money.
    You can see the money indicator on the unit card when the mouse passes over.
    It's worth noting that due to a shortcoming in this mod, you cannot see the money a unit costs if you do not have enough population to recruit it, due to how the unit card is disabled. This is an issue I've solved for my population mod.
    Indeed, never thought about it

Unit costs are shown directly at the bottom of each unit card like in the vanilla game.

Quote Originally Posted by Boulcan View Post
    1st of all great mod and i am really excited with coop with Dei. Recently i started playing Wrath of Sparta as Spartans. I am not very far on the campaign yet as i just conquered all argos faction around 431 bc so less than 12 turns.
    Few things i noticed and i am not sure if its working the same way as in grand campaing are: a) regular crashing when switching fast between cities and clicking on armies standing in those cities b)Is it normal that my army units replenish on military ally territories(if yes it's prolly mod breaking for me ).
    Also does the slaves i get from defeating armies added to the recruitable population? For example Helots were actually Slaves and they belong on commoners class. So if i defeat an army and capture slaves do they increase commoners class in all my regions?
    a.) I can not reproduce
    b.) it depends on the religion/culture of the allied faction, only same culture factions can replenish in allied regions.

Hello already thank you for this big mod add to the DEI his(her,its) give a magnificent dumping. Thank you has team of modeurs.
    J have two questions. First every city has his(her) population, thus if j understood(included) well he(it) needs to develop every city with noble persons is plebeian.
    On the other hand when I makes a temple has velatri for example, are that it pleases has velatri only, or as before has all the region?
    2 éme questions when I which population wants to buy one units of legionaries will be decrease. Public-spirited plebeians or noble is how the knowledge, because when I cross(spend) my mouse on l units which I want to buy I have none information.
    To sadden for my English I am French thank you again everything has equips of modeur this job(work) is great(tremendous).

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by juancfp View Post
    Hello already thank you for this big mod add to the DEI his(her,its) give a magnificent dumping. Thank you has team of modeurs.
    J have two questions. First every city has his(her) population, thus if j understood(included) well he(it) needs to develop every city with noble persons is plebeian.
    On the other hand when I makes a temple has velatri for example, are that it pleases has velatri only, or as before has all the region?
    2 éme questions when I which population wants to buy one units of legionaries will be decrease. Public-spirited plebeians or noble is how the knowledge, because when I cross(spend) my mouse on l units which I want to buy I have none information.
    To sadden for my English I am French thank you again everything has equips of modeur this job(work) is great(tremendous).
    1) The population growth is all region based, not province based.

2) There is no text because you are using a different language version of rome 2. To see text you will need to use a foreign language pack additionally. Melcor was working on a french version and a russian version is included in the UPC

Thank you MAGNAR for your answer
    J waits for the translation of Mlecor is thank you for the mod.

bobbyr's Avatar Semisalis

So with wars of the Gods do I need the vanilla version (says it includes the units from WotG), the script compatible version or both?

Thanks

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyr View Post
    So with wars of the Gods do I need the vanilla version (says it includes the units from WotG), the script compatible version or both?

Thanks
    You only need the script compatible version and ofc the WotG mod. Check with toon first though, that he has uploaded the version of his mod that allows it to work.

bobbyr's Avatar Semisalis

Thanks Magnar!

Is there any plan to make a similar mod for Attila Total War?

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

Kinda but not sure when we are both busy with our own overhaul mods arm ( dei and Vae victis)

Griwild's Avatar Foederatus

Is there a way to see the number of population surplus, that I have for expanding a settlement?

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Last edited by Griwild; August 21, 2016 at 09:49 AM. Reason: added screenshot

Will this be compatible with DEI?