Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: People of Rome 2 (P++) - Main Discussion

Maetharin's Avatar Senator

Default Re: People of Rome 2 (P++) - Main Discussion

That´s even better! But won´t this increase lag time?
    "Ceterum censeo Carthaginem delendam esse!"

Marcus Porcius Cato Censorius

"I concur!"

​Me

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Maetharin View Post
    That´s even better! But won´t this increase lag time?
    The system is currently set up to handle everything for the AI already except dealing with their recruitment and there is no noticeable lag on my pc or any mention of it from our testers.

Great, seems like you guys made quite some progress!

PhilipO'Hayda's Avatar Vicarius

Galatia
    1) Upper Class/Equites -Latin: eques nom. singular; sometimes called "knights"According to Julius Caesar, who is the principal source of information about the Druids, there were two groups of men in Gaul that were held in honour, the Druids and the noblemen (equites)when Gaulish chieftains tore into the west of Turkey these noblemen became clear leaders in a society devoted to war
    2) Middle Class/ Gaesatae-La Tène society was based on warrior prowess and success in the raid. With more young men wishing to compete for status and with the general population increasing, the only safety valve was to find new homelands from which successful raids could be mounted, before the migration in the fourth and fifth fifth century BC these young men were placed on the outskirts of society, however the mass of implosion of population these warriors had made up the middle class of Galatia and the Gauls of North Italy.
    3) Lower Class/ aireacht óenach- people under the lords that worked the land in winter and summer.
    4) Foreigners / Waulle-"land of the Romans or foreigners”

Irish Historical adviser for Albion:Total war

Wow Magnar,this is awesome implement to the game.

Ty for your work!

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

Laetus

A-W-E-S-O-M-E!!!

even if this question sucks....any guess wenn it´s useable with DEI?

Litharion's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by skartakh View Post
    A-W-E-S-O-M-E!!!

even if this question sucks....any guess wenn it´s useable with DEI?
    it won't take long after the initial release.

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

new mod image created and added to OP

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

new video showing the mod in action released

https://www.youtube.com/V41qEKNX6vs

its also in the OP and the mod media thread

Maetharin's Avatar Senator

I don´t think this has been asked before, and if I overlooked it, I´m sorry, but what happens when we disband our units?
    Will the men go back to their old population classes?

Best regards
    "Ceterum censeo Carthaginem delendam esse!"

Marcus Porcius Cato Censorius

"I concur!"

​Me

I don´t think this has been asked before, and if I overlooked it, I´m sorry, but what happens when we disband our units?
    Good question!

Is it possible to connect the population to other mechanics? I think it would be a nice feature, when the slave unrest in Sparta would be higher or lower, depending on the number of Homoioi. This could reflect the fragile balance between the homoio and the helots. (I know that this would be more a feature for DeI or VV and not for P++)

Best regards
    Yes, they will be returned into the class they were originally recruited from. A difference will be made with mercenaries, if you recruit them in enemy regions, they will draw from classes 2-3, but when disbanding them in your home regions they will become class 4 (foreigners)

We might add like a military service system for AoR units for VV and DeI in the future. So units can change class due to military service, but this is only a concept right now and we don't even know if it is technically possible.

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Scout of Imladris View Post
    Good question!

Is it possible to connect the population to other mechanics? I think it would be a nice feature, when the slave unrest in Sparta would be higher or lower, depending on the number of Homoioi. This could reflect the fragile balance between the homoio and the helots. (I know that this would be more a feature for DeI or VV and not for P++)
    It can be linked to other mechanics to an extent. But we try not to touch the slave mechanic with it as that has its own system and we cant get the info from it.

Default Re: People of Rome 2 (P++)

May I suggest the following?
    For Successor states I´d Introduce the 4 classes:
    1) Nobles
    2) Macedonians
    3) Greeks
    4) Natives

For Carthage I´d make it:
    1)Nobles
    2)Citizens
    3)Foreigners
    4)Subjects

The Successors f.e. often gave greek mercenaries or citizens of greek subject polis the macedonian citizenship to bolster the numbers of their phalanx.
    It would be too complex to make this a choice, but maybe greeks in general could be dissolved as macedonians

Thx in advance for the answers
    Best regards
    I am sorry to be harsh. I try never to be but some facts you really cannot let them pass by..
    Only someone completely ignorant of history seperates Macedonian and Greek populations.I know that you care about Greek history and these views do not deserve your level of knowledge
    I will leave it here.
    Now reading the posts above i realize a great danger lurking for the developers if not very careful. This otherwise smart mechanic to be reduced to an gamish eye candy only having gameplay beauty and not at all historic authenticity. To approach population mechanics one should be really careful otherwise you end up with CA's genius "replenishment system" where you wait a whole year to add 5 soldiers to your army. GAmeplay wise fun and challenging. Historical wise a bad joke.
    Please be careful how to handle all those parameters and please dont let public enthousiasm carry you away from your usual style of well thought , logical and historic creations. (and i am not takling only about National identities but also the reason and logic behind mechanics / politics etc.These are the |Hellenistic times and everything is different from todays world or the era before it.)
    Last edited by Phalangitis; February 23, 2016 at 12:14 PM.

Re -reading my post above with "cooler head" i felt like claryfying something. I trust completely both Litharion and MAgnar and for me these guys are one of the best modders out there. My only worry is that sometimes under public pressure we (all of us) water down our initial plan for more appealing projects to the big masses. Even if something like this happen to the vanilla version which is understandable it must not happen to mods like VV and DEI in order to keep the challenge and immersion these great titles already have.

Default Re: People of Rome 2 (P++)

I know your passion for history Phal(i have it too ) although, i don't think that modders like Litharion and Magnar get lured by the public opinions, and im sure that the result will be well balanced, especially in their mods.
    About Greeks and Macedonians, indeed, not only they do not differ ethnologically, but especially at hellenistic kingdoms of Seleucids and Ptolemaioi there were no such distinction. The systems of katoikiai and klerouchiai are meant to attract not only Macedonians but other Greeks too, in order to form the nucleus of successors armies.

We are still improving various aspects as we are getting close to release.

Guess which one is new ?

We are trying to present as much information as possible, making it easier for you to understand the system and play with it.

That's amazing Litharion!

amazing work indeed. One of the toughest subject in this projects is the ui limitations and the ability to keep the player informed. I still strugle with it in Hellenika in faction panel effects..
    Great job.Much more easily understood than one might think.