Thread: A question about the Pritanoi

Default A question about the Pritanoi

Im currently playing as the Pritanoi and had the reform already, transforming Great Britain, Ireland, and Scotland into my Kingdom. However there are no government buildings except Client States when I invaded europe, are there government types planned in the future? In this case its pretty hard to solely rely on client states and it will reduce my family tree in the long run.

Default Re: A question about the Pritanoi

I raised this with Brennus last week - yes there are some alternate governments for extra-Britain expansion planned.

That's a relief! It's quite hard to play as the Pritanoi since there's nothing much to do after the formation of my Kingdom. Probably a good way to observe CAI until the end of the Hellenistic era (?)

In fact, they'll be in the next patch. They'll get a Protectorate and Migration like the other "barbarian" factions, and also a post-reform "Allied State" for Gaul and Germania (which gives a big native pool).

Can't wait for it! I still feel the chariots failed to do their jobs, they are very vulnerable and other than the "final strike" hammer I didn't really use them. The British heavy cav is nowhere near the Gallic nobles, I preferred recruiting the Epodoroi rather than the British Heavy cav. The infantry is one of the best among "barbarian factions" though they do seem a lot more 'lighter' in comparison to their opposite number, although I do like the mix in the roster from throughout the British Isles (Goidelic, Caledonian, and Silures). I still feel that in some of my engagements the tribesmen are actually better than the Germanic levies and even holding off the Sweboz medium spearmen.

A second note however: shouldn't the Caledonians and Goidelic people remain out of their Kingdom? being able to build the Kingdom govt there feels kind of odd.

demagogos nicator's Avatar Domesticus

In my humble oppinion chariots would do better if the skirmish mod is enabled for them, as the matter stands now it is enough to concentrate on the other part of battlefield for a while and you will find your chariots destroyed by the charge of enemy cavalry or infantry. Btw, I also wandering about Goidelic mercaneries, were there really that much of them in the south of England in this period, I thought that they were more isolated on their island.

Ibrahim is reviewing chariots - they're the only thing we haven't done anything with in the EDU.

I'm not seeing anything in the description of the Kingdom that would suggest it shouldn't be available in Scotland/Ireland. It's the spread of a particular form of late government.

Is it possible for a wider recruitment for Silures Warband? Since their influence gradually increases. (As the pritanoi the Silures are one of the strongest infantry I have and an excellent line infantry)