Thread: How to add an army for Ai (cheating for Ai)

Antiokhos Euergetes's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default How to add an army for Ai (cheating for Ai)

Could someone please explain in EB terms how I can give the Romanoi a polybion legio, they need some assistance or more accurate I want to fight the Macedonian wars against them. They are taking forever to gather legions and cross the adriatic.
    Thank you comrades

Default Re: How to add an army for Ai (cheating for Ai)

Here's documentation on M2TW's create_unit cheat

https://commands.gg/m2tw/create-unit

I don't have to feel guilty about cheating on the AIs behalf

The create_unit command is your friend; you can either add them to Roman characters you can see wandering about, or else dump them in their settlements.

How effective is simply giving AI money?

Do they purchase more units if they are ridiculously rich?

Quote Originally Posted by Mamlaz View Post
    How effective is simply giving AI money?

Do they purchase more units if they are ridiculously rich?
    Not especially effective, given they're bound by all the same recruitment restrictions as the human player. They stop doing anything if they're broke (which is why there's a financial support script), they're already given quite a bit of financial help by the script.

I have tried the money options on previous occasions; it either seems not to help, for example I gave the Romans thousands a few turns later they are bankrupt with few troops, but then too much money and it just gets ridiculous towards the later game.

Quote Originally Posted by Antiokhos Euergetes View Post
    Could someone please explain in EB terms how I can give the Romanoi a polybion legio, they need some assistance or more accurate I want to fight the Macedonian wars against them. They are taking forever to gather legions and cross the adriatic.
    Thank you comrades
    Unfortunately Roman currently having problem dealing with high hellenic cultrue, they cannot even control Taras and Rhegion let alone Sicily and Greece

Quote Originally Posted by eyelurker View Post
    Unfortunately Roman currently having problem dealing with high hellenic cultrue, they cannot even control Taras and Rhegion let alone Sicily and Greece
    I noticed that Taras kept revolting, I just assumed that the Ai just kept putting it's taxes too high

Honestly i just play Hotseat campaigns and give them good armies myself. No more AI garbage armies full of half wounded and dying men (units from past battles) Altho, it is a lot of work to just get past 1 turn... although to be fair, i think its actually faster than all the time i spent constantly having to alt tab to create a good enemy army to fight And the constant retyping after 4 years got to me. LOL i was thinking of making a script that runs process_cq for all regions in game, any one got reccomends on how to best do this and easiest??
    Last edited by moisesjns; May 17, 2022 at 03:56 PM.

The main issue with the create_unit is that it takes a load of time and text input and EB unit names for each faction to make each army.

The only way I would do it if there was a posted preset by someone with inputs for specific armies and factions so I know what to type in at hand during play.

Seems like a lot of trouble. If you want a challenging fight, carry a spy in your stack. Send enough troops to the enemy formation so that you are outnumbered.