Thread: SOME NEWS: Wrath of the Norsemen VIKINGS SUBMOD!

Icon4 SOME NEWS: Wrath of the Norsemen VIKINGS SUBMOD!

Greetings!

I noticed this great sub-mod on Mod DB:
    Wrath of the Norsemen VIKINGS SUBMOD!

Here it is a description reported by the autor:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    A NEW inofficial version of the MOD "Wrath of the Norsemen". I haven't made the original mod, credit must go to the respective mod creators for that. I am behind some changes in this new version though. Every faction starts with all their territories, removing all rebels at the start (but they may still revolt), have more starting money to represent the increased size, every faction starts at war, walking per turn has been increased for all units, newly added prerequisites for winning, and unique music for each people. Vanilla music is completely gone! The music is not chosen randomly, as it has been carefully chosen for each group of people in the game (norse, Franks etc). Install by puting the folder you download inside your "mods"-folder in the main directory of Medieval 2. Rename the downloaded folder WotN instead of "Wotn_VIKINGS_SUBMOD". Start by clicking the BAT-file. Read the "Readme_SUBMOD" located inside the downloaded folder for more information about this version!
    Last edited by rafmc1989; January 13, 2016 at 09:57 AM.

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

Default Re: SOME NEWS: Wrath of the Norsemen VIKINGS SUBMOD!

This is the longer description:

"This is a SUBMOD for WotN 1.5.

An explanation on the SUBMOD found in the folder of the submod:

"All the vanilla music has been replaced by VIKINGS-themed music, and other pagan music.

Not every faction will have unique music, but all factions will have new music!
    An explanation:

Gautland and Gutland shares music, the four NORSE pagan tribes shares music, Danmörk and Swebiuö shares music, Kwenland and Hämö shares music, the slavic tribes and the RUS shares music and the Franks have their own unique music!

I have made sure that none of these groups share a single song with each other in the game. But the ones i paired share the same music.

You will now be able to immerse yourself way better than before in the world of Vikings and beyond!

All the different spots like tension, mobilize, battle, stratmap and so forth have been filled.

I have not added random music to random places, but rather added very carefully chosen music for each group. There will be a strong feeling that you are playing for example Danmörk or Swebiuö (Ragnarr Lothbrokks Vikings). The slavs and rus peoples are six different tribes, but you will have music for all of them when playing as anyone of them.

The baltic was a melting pot of trade after all. Where many cultures meet. The music may change from russian to baltic to slav and to viking if you play any of them.

Playing as Kwenland/Hämö? Then you will have a blend of sami and finnish music plus som added in songs for immersion.

The viking factions follow the pattern of the TV-series. Norse Vikings will have the songs of King Horik plus som extra song, Danmörk and the Swebiuö will have the songs of King/Jarl Ragnarr Lothbrokk and Gautland and Gutland will have the music of Jarl Borg plus som extra song added.

The different themes of the songs chosen, that aims to create a certain feeling for the specific people, follows this structure:

Norse Vikings (Norwegian vikings) : Music= Higher Viking Civilisation feeling.

Danmörk & Swebiuö (Danish and Swedish vikings) : Music= Toughest and Strongest Vikings Around feeling.

Gautland & Gutland (Swedish Vikings of Gotland and Gotaland) : Music= Old Pagan Barbarian Vikings feeling.

Kwenland & Hämö (Sami & Finns) : Music= Naturalistic & Peaceful feeling.

Slavs & RUS peoples (Kievan Rus/Novgorod & Baltic Tribes preceeding Poland & Lithuania): Music= Slavo-Baltic-Russian-Vikings feeling. Many different cultures in the same place.

Franks (Empire of Charlemagne) : Music= New Empire of ROME/Mightiest FORCE/Catolic Christian feeling.

I hope you will enjoy this submod.

Now, have i done something more than just added music?

Yes, i actually have.

First of all i have given each faction all their homeregions to erase the rebels as much as possible from the campaign map, second i have added more prerequisites to the long campaign for many of the factions, third i have given each faction a sum of money accurate to their new size and new strenght (hopefully this will solve the problem with being broke early), and lastly i have increased the area you can walk each turn, and this goes for every unit - including witches and other Slave controlled ones. Also, all factions will start at war with everyone!

I may have forgotten something. Happy playing!

Install the mod by adding the whole folder into your Sega/Medieval II Total War/mods -folder. Click the BAT to start the game. You may need to rename this folder to WotN for it to work."

http://www.moddb.com/mods/wrath-of-t...vikings-submod
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; January 13, 2016 at 03:25 PM.

All of you guys playing this SUB-MOD please report bugs. I have posted some of them in the bugs-fora already though.

This version is now obsolete.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again
    but betrayal with treachery.

- The Havamal