Page 9 of 41 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast

Thread: RodG 1.6 - Easy and painfree Installation

Default Re: RodG 1.6 - Easy and painfree Installation

Looking at your log it looks like you havenīt separately installed all the parts, patches and fixes. After installing part 1 you need to do the same to 2 and 3. After that apply the patch and then the hotfixes in the order they are on the forum.

M2TW.system.log.txt.7zM2TW.system.log.txt.7z Hope that worked. I am excited to play the call of warhammer mod but the issue is that I get the sigmar preserve us error at the end of the loading screen when starting a campaign. I am using win 8, I have reinstalled the mod 3 times, the patch, and the 2 fixes as well. still errors. I would like to play the game.

Quote Originally Posted by tyrgalon View Post
    Looking at your log it looks like you havenīt separately installed all the parts, patches and fixes. After installing part 1 you need to do the same to 2 and 3. After that apply the patch and then the hotfixes in the order they are on the forum.
    Hi, thanks for checking my log.

I installed the components 1 to 3 in turn. Then the Patch, then hotfix one then two and finally ran the english text. That is exactly as it is described on the install thread as far as I can see. Can you see something wrong here?

I have done this now three times, uninstalling then reinstalling the components, the result is always the same, a sigmar save us message and a ctd on launching a campaign.

Can play custom battle no problem if that helps

Ok here is another log directly after a full uninstall, then a clean install of RoDg parts 1 to 3 in order, followed by the patch and then the two hotfixes

http://www.mediafire.com/download/sc...ystem.log1.zip

I can see on the log, lines stating that this is missing, that is missing, I installed everything, what could I possibly be missing?

Really hope someone can help, I have put hours into trying to get this to work and it would be a real shame if I have wasted my time.

Regards
    Baz

Quote Originally Posted by Metal_Izanagi View Post
    Is there a specific faction that it crashes on the turn of? Before passing the turn, try using the console command "toggle_fow" and see which faction is taking their turn, and possibly what the faction is doing in their turn before the crash happens. There have been reports before of certain moves on the AI's part causing crashes.
    The mod only crashes on the rebels turn and I did what you said and the mod crashes when the turn for the rebels of Marienburg. So I'm assuming theres something wrong with Marienburg that's making the mod crash.

One last thing with my issue, I don't run the desktop shortcut as administrator. If I do that it wont launch as it says it cannot find the Medieval 2.exe, probably because the shortcut is directed to the RoDg mods folder, could that be the issue?

Quote Originally Posted by xbangxaxrangx View Post
    The mod only crashes on the rebels turn and I did what you said and the mod crashes when the turn for the rebels of Marienburg. So I'm assuming theres something wrong with Marienburg that's making the mod crash.
    From a look at the system log you provided, it seems like the problem could be one of a few things.

It seems like this turn, Reikland was to be given a new Reiksmarshall, but the game couldn't give him his ancillary for some reason.(This might, keyword might, be the problem. In my Reikland campaign, my Reiksmarshall hasn't died, so I haven't run into the event where I get a new one.)

Then, it looks like the Skaven were scripted to attack Marienburg, and that was going to make an event fire for Reikland, which appears to be player-controlled. (I honestly don't think that this is the problem. I've been playing a Reikland campaign for over 40 turns, and Marienburg has exchanged hands between the rebels, the Orks, the Skaven, Nordland, and then back to the Skaven, with no crashes.)

Somewhere during this, the game ran into trouble with something related to one of these events.

Something that puzzles me is that the log mentions a "diet_of_carrots" trigger that I can't seem to find anywhere in the scripts.

A few questions:

Which faction are you playing as? (The log indicates Reikland, from the events that are firing.)

Are there any armies near Marienburg before you end the turn, and do any armies move near Marienburg before the crash?

Can you see if Reikland currently has a Reiksmarshall?

Something I want you to try, just to see if it might help even a bit, is the following:

1 - Make a backup of "campaign_script.txt" located in "RodG16\data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign". Place the backup somewhere where it'll be safe from any accidental edits, like on your desktop.

2 - Open "campaign_script.txt" and search for the line "historic_event SKAV_REIKS factions { hre, }" without the quotation marks.

3 - That will bring you to the following lines.

Code:
        monitor_event FactionTurnStart FactionIsLocal
            and I_TurnNumber > 2
            and not I_IsFactionAIControlled hre
            and I_SettlementOwner Castlesreiksguard = hre
            historic_event SKAV_REIKS factions { hre, }
            terminate_monitor
        end_monitor

and I_TurnNumber > 2
            and I_SettlementOwner Erlach = hre
            historic_event SKAV_ERLAC factions { hre, }
            terminate_monitor
        end_monitor
    Select those lines, and delete them and nothing else.

4 - Save "campaign_script.txt".

5 - Start a new campaign as the same faction you were playing when you got the crash before,(Presumably Reikland. The reason for a new campaign is that campaign_script.txt edits aren't compatible with saved games.) and play to the point where you normally get a crash.

6 - If it doesn't crash, let me know. If it does crash, please upload the log again. After you upload the log, replace "campaign_script.txt" with the backup. Again, only do this if the game still crashes after you try this.

Sorry for having you do stuff that may or may not help, but this might actually help narrow down the source of these errors. A few other mods have had this error for some people, and it's never been easy to fix. I'm hoping that by ruling a few things out, we might be able to figure out just what's going on. I have a couple of other things we might try, but I want to do this one at a time, so we don't have to worry about skewed results from multiple fixes being attempted at the same time.
    Last edited by Metal_Izanagi; January 30, 2016 at 04:57 PM.

From a look at the system log you provided, it seems like the problem could be one of a few things.

It seems like this turn, Reikland was to be given a new Reiksmarshall, but the game couldn't give him his ancillary for some reason.(This might, keyword might, be the problem. In my Reikland campaign, my Reiksmarshall hasn't died, so I haven't run into the event where I get a new one.)

Then, it looks like the Skaven were scripted to attack Marienburg, and that was going to make an event fire for Reikland, which appears to be player-controlled. (I honestly don't think that this is the problem. I've been playing a Reikland campaign for over 40 turns, and Marienburg has exchanged hands between the rebels, the Orks, the Skaven, Nordland, and then back to the Skaven, with no crashes.)

Somewhere during this, the game ran into trouble with something related to one of these events.

Something that puzzles me is that the log mentions a "diet_of_carrots" trigger that I can't seem to find anywhere in the scripts.

A few questions:

Which faction are you playing as? (The log indicates Reikland, from the events that are firing.)

Are there any armies near Marienburg before you end the turn, and do any armies move near Marienburg before the crash?

Can you see if Reikland currently has a Reiksmarshall?

Something I want you to try, just to see if it might help even a bit, is the following:

1 - Make a backup of "campaign_script.txt" located in "RodG16\data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign". Place the backup somewhere where it'll be safe from any accidental edits, like on your desktop.

2 - Open "campaign_script.txt" and search for the line "historic_event SKAV_REIKS factions { hre, }" without the quotation marks.

3 - That will bring you to the following lines.

Code:
            and I_TurnNumber > 2
            and I_SettlementOwner Castlesreiksguard = hre
            historic_event SKAV_REIKS factions { hre, }
            terminate_monitor
        end_monitor

and I_TurnNumber > 2
            and I_SettlementOwner Erlach = hre
            historic_event SKAV_ERLAC factions { hre, }
            terminate_monitor
        end_monitor
    Select those lines, and delete them and nothing else.

4 - Save "campaign_script.txt".

5 - Start a new campaign as the same faction you were playing when you got the crash before,(Presumably Reikland. The reason for a new campaign is that campaign_script.txt edits aren't compatible with saved games.) and play to the point where you normally get a crash.

6 - If it doesn't crash, let me know. If it does crash, please upload the log again. After you upload the log, replace "campaign_script.txt" with the backup. Again, only do this if the game still crashes after you try this.

Sorry for having you do stuff that may or may not help, but this might actually help narrow down the source of these errors. A few other mods have had this error for some people, and it's never been easy to fix. I'm hoping that by ruling a few things out, we might be able to figure out just what's going on. I have a couple of other things we might try, but I want to do this one at a time, so we don't have to worry about skewed results from multiple fixes being attempted at the same time.

Thanks for the help! I replaced the campaign_script and it works now. Thanks for spending you're time helping me out it means a lot.

Thanks for the help! I replaced the campaign_script and it works now. Thanks for spending you're time helping me out it means a lot.
    Wait, so removing those two blocks of text fixed the crash?

Wait, so removing those two blocks of text fixed the crash?
    Yeah, I'm on turn 7 right now and it hasn't crashed, also I besieged marienburg as well so that might of factored in as well????

I played the campaign as each faction at least once and every time I get this message.

https://www.mediafire.com/?nt2gmyfdx7aug1q

Also is it possible to do siege battles in custom battles? If so then for some reason I can't play them. If not then I'll just not worry about it. I'll send a crash report if there is some reason why I can't play them but right now I just want to play the campaign.

Yeah, I'm on turn 7 right now and it hasn't crashed, also I besieged marienburg as well so that might of factored in as well????
    Awesome. I'm not sure why that historical event was causing a problem, but the good thing is that it doesn't do anything, so taking it out won't cause any problems. The event's text is a placeholder right now anyway, it seems. I'm guessing it's supposed to be some background info detailing the conflicts between the Skaven and Reikland, to let the player know that the Skaven are a threat over near Marienburg.

Regardless, glad that the issue was resolved without requiring anything important to be changed.

Stalagg's Avatar Foederatus

Hey this most likely isn't going to be answered but I'd appreciate the help. When installing the mod, where specifically should it be installed to? Just into the Medieval 2 Total War main directory or in the Mod folder? I don't know if anything changed from 1.5 to 1.6 but I wanted to clarify.

Quote Originally Posted by Stalagg View Post
    Hey this most likely isn't going to be answered but I'd appreciate the help. When installing the mod, where specifically should it be installed to? Just into the Medieval 2 Total War main directory or in the Mod folder? I don't know if anything changed from 1.5 to 1.6 but I wanted to clarify.
    You should install into the Medieval 2 Total War main directory as stated in the OP

That's just the general Medieval 2 folder right? Like this? C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War

Quote Originally Posted by Stalagg View Post
    That's just the general Medieval 2 folder right? Like this? C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War
    Yes

Hi there,
    yet another crash log. I got lots of"missings" and it crashes either on loading screen to campaign or while the UI is in freeze mode.
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/au....system.log.7z

could anybody with a working mod maybe give a checksum for the installer files or for the RodG16 Folder
    regards
    2stupid2win

Could someone please tell me the console command to create Dark Elf Sorceresses? I know the rest of the command but I can't figure out what they're called.

Create_unit "Dark Elf Camp" "?"

So I just need to know what the actual unit name is supposed to be. For example Necharchs are "VAM Mage", so the names can be kind of tricky. Great mod! Any estimates on when the Skaven names and buildings will be translated?

Quote Originally Posted by Darkelfhelp View Post
    Could someone please tell me the console command to create Dark Elf Sorceresses? I know the rest of the command but I can't figure out what they're called.

Create_unit "Dark Elf Camp" "?"

So I just need to know what the actual unit name is supposed to be. For example Necharchs are "VAM Mage", so the names can be kind of tricky. Great mod! Any estimates on when the Skaven names and buildings will be translated?
    The name for Dark Elf Sorceresses is "DE_mage". If you're curious about any other names, look in "RodG16\data\export_descr_unit.txt".

Okay so I've done everything that was listed, followed all the instructions to the letter, spent the last twelve hours going through all the motions and then when I try to play it I get CA_LIBS and the game refuses to start.

Anyway to fix this?

My game worked fine before, it was completely up to date and patched and I had played Third Age the other Kingdoms campaigns without any issues.