Page 7 of 41 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast

Thread: RodG 1.6 - Easy and painfree Installation

Default Re: RodG 1.6 - Easy and painfree Installation

Is it normal for Tomb Kings to still have Russian names?

Sadly yes

Ah luckily I am not playing as them and just fighting them then

When does the Language Update arrive us filthy souls???

Btw, the mod works really fantastic!!
    I only would like to understand the events xD... but i can imagine the hard work to translate russian into english/ german as well.

Umm is it normal for my game to be constantly unstable and crash since this is a beta patch?

I can not for the life of me ever get Rage of dark gods to work.
    "Sigma preserve us, chaos has taken over! Closing the gates to save our souls!"
    I have the cd versions but it runs through steam, as all things do now days.
    I installed 1.6 hoping that would work this time, but no....
    I dont know what to do. please help.
    I can get other mods to work fine, all I do is --features.mod=mods/MODNAME
    Why can't it be that simple!

I want to start a new campaign after I didn't like the one I was currently in. Instead of a new campaign starting, I get a 'sigma preserve us' error

http://www.mediafire.com/download/3j...log+%281%29.7z
    I wait for campaign ui to unfreeze Sigmar preserves us happens

Sorry, i hate to say that the new version doesn't work here.
    I'm running Win10 on a sufficient machine, Rage of the Dark Gods 1.5.1 works fine if you disregard the few "Sigmars" to desktop.
    Description: Downloaded Torrent for 1.6 full version, including patch and 2 fixes.
    1st try: installed 1.6, installed patch, installed 2 fixes - result: "frozen interface" for approx. 3 mins, no slides left, then CTD with "Sigmar"
    2nd try: installed 1.6, run - result: "russian text", slides left, was able to scroll and zoom that huge map, meanwhile not able to click because of "hourglass" symbol, CTD after about 3-5 mins with "Sigmar"
    3rd try: installed like first time all 3 files but in reverse order (starting from 3), patch, 2 fixes, exactly same result as 1st time

No log file was saved, the log-directory is gone (know it was there already)

Another repeatable CTD "Sigmar" happened while clicking through the factions in the "start SP campaign", first when clicking consecutively until Sylvania, and a second time until Reiksguard.
    See logfile here (copy&paste in browser), it's my onedrive
    http://1drv.ms/1ZUrats

Please tell me if you need other files online as well for diagnostics. I'm curious what the problem may be, as there are plenty of others without problems. Thanks for all you work, and especially your help.

Quote Originally Posted by discostu View Post
    I can not for the life of me ever get Rage of dark gods to work.
    "Sigma preserve us, chaos has taken over! Closing the gates to save our souls!"
    I have the cd versions but it runs through steam, as all things do now days.
    I installed 1.6 hoping that would work this time, but no....
    I dont know what to do. please help.
    I can get other mods to work fine, all I do is --features.mod=mods/MODNAME
    Why can't it be that simple!
    Was about to ask the same question, getting the same thing. Running through Desktop Icon, folder isn't renamed, everything even the patches installed, but still, nothing working, I start the game then I get the message(With the Artwork in the background) "Sigma Preserve us" message. If anyone could help with this it would be real helpful, thanks in advance

Hi! How I enable the error log in .cfp file?
    I have a lot of ctd at campaign map (e.g. if I select the size of unit as huge, I have a ctd after the pass of time that a message warned at the beginning)

Thanks for help!
    Last edited by Drorin; January 23, 2016 at 05:41 PM.

This might be put in the "Optional" Course.
    I have translated every single unit (i hope.) to English and used names from Tabletop

Here is the download:
    https://www.mediafire.com/?jcw32c7u3eu53ls

Mirror 1: https://www.dropbox.com/s/igpyxyl74k...xt-EN.rar?dl=0

My Steam is Spree237 if you need me.

Quote Originally Posted by Zync View Post
    What did the 'View problem details' option say?
    The error info is

Code:
    Problem signature:
      Problem Event Name:    APPCRASH
      Application Name:    medieval2.exe
      Application Version:    1.5.2.0
      Application Timestamp:    540d9f2c
      Fault Module Name:    StackHash_575d
      Fault Module Version:    0.0.0.0
      Fault Module Timestamp:    00000000
      Exception Code:    c0000005
      Exception Offset:    65727574
      OS Version:    6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
      Locale ID:    1033
      Additional Information 1:    575d
      Additional Information 2:    575dcfa9275f04ffcb0809e06face7e2
      Additional Information 3:    cb5d
      Additional Information 4:    cb5dc865772998ed6a57e34c1d024c1e

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    So it wasn't a game message - it was a system message. This is extremely rare and I am baffled what exactly happened.
    If those were siege battles then I would like you to try again after renaming the data\blockset directory. If it still crashes rename the data\settlements directory as well. I am not expecting anything major from it, but it would rule out a problem with the textures.
    Unfortunately, renaming/moving those two directories did nothing. I still got the error message, with the following additional information:

Code:
    Problem signature:
      Problem Event Name:    APPCRASH
      Application Name:    medieval2.exe
      Application Version:    1.5.2.0
      Application Timestamp:    540d9f2c
      Fault Module Name:    StackHash_575d
      Fault Module Version:    0.0.0.0
      Fault Module Timestamp:    00000000
      Exception Code:    c0000005
      Exception Offset:    65727574
      OS Version:    6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
      Locale ID:    1033
      Additional Information 1:    575d
      Additional Information 2:    575dcfa9275f04ffcb0809e06face7e2
      Additional Information 3:    cb5d
      Additional Information 4:    cb5dc865772998ed6a57e34c1d024c1e
    Edit: Okay, so apparently the "Stackhash" error is related to DEP, or Data Execution Prevention. This is a bit puzzling, because Medieval II and thus RoDG is not installed in the Program Files directory.

It seems like either the game or something in the mod may be trying to call on a directory or file that it shouldn't be. If DEP itself were causing the problem here, Medieval II, and probably a lot more programs, would be pulling up errors related to it all the time.

Edit 2: Just tried the suggested solution for Stackhash errors, which involves specifically selecting the programs in question as exceptions to Data Execution Prevention. No dice. Same error, same information as above. All this tells me is that either Medieval II or something in the mod is trying to access something that it shouldn't be accessing, or the Stackhash error is just something Windows picked because it can't figure out what the actual problem here is.
    Last edited by Metal_Izanagi; January 23, 2016 at 08:36 PM.

I get "Sigmar" constantly, whether it be at random, saving game, loading game, entering or leaving battle and even trying to return to main menu.

On a side note, is it normal for the player's faction to be weaker at the start than if it were played by AI?

Quote Originally Posted by RogueSamurai View Post
    On a side note, is it normal for the player's faction to be weaker at the start than if it were played by AI?
    Yep. It's part of the difficulty of the mod. I actually went into campaign_script.txt and gave the player all of the bonuses that the AI gets. It's led to the campaign feeling a lot more lively, in my opinion. Starting off on even footing with the AI ensures that most of the campaign isn't spent rebel-stomping and hoping the AI leaves a settlement undefended.

I have an error saying cannot complete the installation

something called #greek_?mines+1_construsted ~ cannot be created. How can I deal with this problem??

When is the User Interface freeze thing going to be fixed? Also, Custom Battles arproblematic because I can't set funds and 10000 isn't enough to get anything started.

Quote Originally Posted by Nichita View Post
    When is the User Interface freeze thing going to be fixed?
    It's not a bug to be fixed, it is due to some scripting (something about settlement changes i think)
    Also, Custom Battles arproblematic because I can't set funds and 10000 isn't enough to get anything started.
    You can set funds in custom battle's faction selection menu for each team separately like med2tw

Moi quand je lance une campagne je ne vois pas le curseur de ma souris Gigantus c'est très très gênant j'ai beau attendre comme dit plus haut mais rien à faire je ne peut même pas profiter du mode c'est vraiment désagréable ^^ de plus la résolution de l'écran lorsque je lance une campagne est pas super du tout il a une sorte de carré moyen au centre de l'écran au lieu de prendre tout l'écran

Quote Originally Posted by Nichita View Post
    When is the User Interface freeze thing going to be fixed? Also, Custom Battles arproblematic because I can't set funds and 10000 isn't enough to get anything started.
    Regarding the "User Interface Is Frozen!" message, that's not a bug. I've looked into the scripts to edit them to my own preferences, and the reason the interface is frozen is because at the start of the campaign, AI factions get a number of things done for them, including the following:

- Armies are generated to give them a bit of a starting boost so they don't just sit around waiting for the player to attack them.
    - Some rebel settlements are automatically besieged and in most cases captured by the generated armies, so that the AI has a bit more income and territory than the player, adding to the difficulty.
    - Boost to their economy, so they don't go into a massive debt spiral from the start.

The script that makes all of this happen for every AI-controlled faction takes some time, and interrupting it with player actions like moving armies or initiating battles would at best delay the script, and at worst cause a number of bugs because of the interruption. Freezing the interface for a minute or two is the best way to ensure that the script can do what it needs to without causing any problems for the player. I've tested a campaign after taking away these starting bonuses and thus preventing the UI from freezing, but all it did was make the AI completely useless. They ended up just sitting around not doing anything, waiting for me to go and defeat them, much like the vanilla Medieval II AI does. Without the boosts to their military and economy, the AI can't do anything of note, and the game ends up being really boring.