Page 5 of 41 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast

Thread: RodG 1.6 - Easy and painfree Installation

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Default Re: RodG 1.6 - Easy and painfree Installation

Try the attachment below - it will be temporary (until the next update). You need to extract first and then run it like the main installers.

RodG16 Patch 01.zip

Thanks, That Worked Fine for me, You're Awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    Please provide a log as described in the OP. If the log ends in the mentioning of animations, try deleting the preferences and packs folders of the mod first.

These are RodG's error messages (data\text\shared) for all three languages:
    Code:
    {GERR_GENERIC}Sigma preserve us, Chaos has taken over!\n\nClosing the gates to save our souls!
    {GERR_GENERIC}    Sigmar bewahre uns, das Chaos hat die Kontrolle  übernommen!\n\nCall Of Warhammer hat einen unbestimmten Fehler entdeckt  und wird jetzt beendet.
    {GERR_GENERIC}    Неизвестная ошибка. Игра завершит работу
    Which means there is something unusual going on if you get the vanilla 'M2 has stopped working' message. Did you ever run any of the language short cuts, especially after updating?
    Ever done the virtual store fix (see OP)?

That would require a custom battle test to see which units are responsible. It may however be related to the humongous file sets of some units (flagellants - 16MB, vanilla average 4MB). Try first disabling reflections and shadows in the video option - and no, it doesn't matter how good your graphics card is, this crash can still happen.
    Alright, so I did some tests.

Test 1: Shadows and Reflections disabled, Custom Battle, Tomb Kings vs Orcs, with the Orcs using only a couple of units that I know don't cause any problems, as I've used them in my ongoing Orc campaign. Tomb Kings were just some random units I picked that looked neat. Battle started fine, no crashes.

Test 2: Shadows and Reflections disabled, Campaign Battle. I started a new campaign as the Tomb Kings, and built up an army of various units, then sent them to go siege Mount Grimfang, which is just north of The Nameless City, the Tomb Kings starting settlement. Waited a turn and built a ram and some siege towers. Started the assault, and it crashed while loading, with a "Medieval II has stopped working" Windows error.

Test 3: Shadows and Reflections disabled, unit size lowered to Normal,(I normally run with Huge unit size.) same battle as Test 2. Same result, crashed while loading again, with the standard Windows "Medieval II has stopped working" error.

Test 4: Shadows and Reflections ENABLED, Huge unit size, Custom Battle, Tomb Kings vs Orcs. I used one of every Tomb Kings unit available in custom battles, and gave the Orcs some Goblins. Battle loaded without any problems.

I'm starting to wonder if it might be something with the Tomb Kings general unit. Going to do some more tests, but it seems like it's either something specific to campaign battles, or it has something to do with a Tomb Kings unit that isn't available in Custom battles. I haven't run into any problems with any other faction so far, and I did manage to get around the Tomb Kings in my Orc campaign by using the "auto_win attacker" console command.

Edit:

I just tested a battle without a general attached to the besieging army, and it crashed again. Here's the information that Windows provided for the crash:

Code:
    Problem signature:
      Problem Event Name:    APPCRASH
      Application Name:    medieval2.exe
      Application Version:    1.5.2.0
      Application Timestamp:    540d9f2c
      Fault Module Name:    StackHash_4759
      Fault Module Version:    0.0.0.0
      Fault Module Timestamp:    00000000
      Exception Code:    c0000005
      Exception Offset:    7865742e
      OS Version:    6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
      Locale ID:    1033
      Additional Information 1:    4759
      Additional Information 2:    4759a5ae0b18c619a88462fabd9e72a0
      Additional Information 3:    8e0b
      Additional Information 4:    8e0bf9178daf8986472b3032e628ddbf
    As for your earlier questions, I've had UAC disabled since long before I installed Medieval II, to the point that I don't even have a Virtual Store folder anywhere on my PC. I've already followed all of the performance tweak guides, and my .exes have the 4GB patch enabled.
    Last edited by Metal_Izanagi; January 17, 2016 at 01:23 PM.

Okay, New Problem, The Game Screen Only Takes up around a Third of my Screen, And Once I Load into The Campaign I Get the, UI Being Disabled For forced Season Change or Whatever and it just Stays there, I can't Do Anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Metal_Izanagi View Post
    Alright, so I did some tests.

Test 1: Shadows and Reflections disabled, Custom Battle, Tomb Kings vs Orcs, with the Orcs using only a couple of units that I know don't cause any problems, as I've used them in my ongoing Orc campaign. Tomb Kings were just some random units I picked that looked neat. Battle started fine, no crashes.

Test 2: Shadows and Reflections disabled, Campaign Battle. I started a new campaign as the Tomb Kings, and built up an army of various units, then sent them to go siege Mount Grimfang, which is just north of The Nameless City, the Tomb Kings starting settlement. Waited a turn and built a ram and some siege towers. Started the assault, and it crashed while loading, with a "Medieval II has stopped working" Windows error.

Test 3: Shadows and Reflections disabled, unit size lowered to Normal,(I normally run with Huge unit size.) same battle as Test 2. Same result, crashed while loading again, with the standard Windows "Medieval II has stopped working" error.

Test 4: Shadows and Reflections ENABLED, Huge unit size, Custom Battle, Tomb Kings vs Orcs. I used one of every Tomb Kings unit available in custom battles, and gave the Orcs some Goblins. Battle loaded without any problems.

I'm starting to wonder if it might be something with the Tomb Kings general unit. Going to do some more tests, but it seems like it's either something specific to campaign battles, or it has something to do with a Tomb Kings unit that isn't available in Custom battles. I haven't run into any problems with any other faction so far, and I did manage to get around the Tomb Kings in my Orc campaign by using the "auto_win attacker" console command.
    Today i've tested tomb kings campaign and i fought two huge & long battles without any crash, and also mention that shadows and reflection was enabled and i dont have a high end pc...
    May be there is a problem with your installation or your medieval tw game

Quote Originally Posted by eaenidu View Post
    Okay, New Problem, The Game Screen Only Takes up around a Third of my Screen, And Once I Load into The Campaign I Get the, UI Being Disabled For forced Season Change or Whatever and it just Stays there, I can't Do Anything.
    You can disable window mode in the prefrences file in RodG16 folder by changing its amount from 1 to 0, or set the game resolution in video setting same as your desktop resolution.
    And for the ui freezing and its massage at starting a campaign you must wait some minutes untill new massages comes down from the left of the screen (for me it takes about 10 minutes)

Okay Got the UI freezing over with but I Don't have it in Windowed Mode and the Reolution is set to my screen size, I have to Do the old trick of changing the name if I want to play Fullscreen.

Well, I just did another test, and instead of going after Mount Grimfang, I sent my Tomb Kings army at the Dwarves, to their capital. I've sieged that with Orcs before, and it worked fine. I was able to siege both with and without rams/towers/ladders as the Tomb Kings, so it can't be anything with their siege engines, and their units seem to be fine. I'm starting to wonder if there's something wrong with Mount Grimfang and The Nameless City in particular. I sieged Mount Grimfang with the Orcs before, but I didn't actually assault it; I waited them out because I was using a Waaagh to build up money.

Has anyone else tried fighting on Mount Grimfang and The Nameless City in particular?

I highly doubt that it's my install. After the first time where I had issues with the Tomb Kings, I redownloaded and reinstalled the entire mod, and every other mod that I've used with Medieval II works perfectly. If there were something wrong with my Medieval II install, it would have caused problems for TATW+MoS, TATW+PCP, Eras: Total Conquest, Thera V4, etc, some of which also have huge units/lots of files that can conflict with anything wrong in the Medieval II install.

I'm becoming increasingly sure that it's either Mount Grimfang and The Nameless City's maps, or a combination of those two maps and the Tomb Kings causing the crash. Especially since it's not the "Sigmar Preserve Us!" error, but just the regular "has stopped working" Windows error.
    Last edited by Metal_Izanagi; January 17, 2016 at 02:03 PM.

Okay Got the UI freezing over with but I Don't have it in Windowed Mode and the Reolution is set to my screen size, I have to Do the old trick of changing the name if I want to play Fullscreen.
    Did you relaunch the game after changing resolution?

My Preference Folder has nothing in it, I'm Trying to Figure out how to Fix this but nothing is working, If I Try to do the Name Change thing it Just Crashes after a few minutes but doesn't give me any crash message at all.

And Yes I Relaunched the Game.

Ah Ha! Figured out What to Do! I had to put the thing at like Four or Five Times my Normal Screen Resolution

My Preference Folder has nothing in it, I'm Trying to Figure out how to Fix this but nothing is working, If I Try to do the Name Change thing it Just Crashes after a few minutes but doesn't give me any crash message at all.
    Sorry for my mistake, i mean your configuration (CFG) file (not prefrences folder) located in mods/RodG16 folder...
    Change the line "windowed 1" to "windowed 0"

Quote Originally Posted by Metal_Izanagi View Post
    Well, I just did another test, and instead of going after Mount Grimfang, I sent my Tomb Kings army at the Dwarves, to their capital. I've sieged that with Orcs before, and it worked fine. I was able to siege both with and without rams/towers/ladders as the Tomb Kings, so it can't be anything with their siege engines, and their units seem to be fine. I'm starting to wonder if there's something wrong with Mount Grimfang and The Nameless City in particular. I sieged Mount Grimfang with the Orcs before, but I didn't actually assault it; I waited them out because I was using a Waaagh to build up money.

Has anyone else tried fighting on Mount Grimfang and The Nameless City in particular?

I highly doubt that it's my install. After the first time where I had issues with the Tomb Kings, I redownloaded and reinstalled the entire mod, and every other mod that I've used with Medieval II works perfectly. If there were something wrong with my Medieval II install, it would have caused problems for TATW+MoS, TATW+PCP, Eras: Total Conquest, Thera V4, etc, some of which also have huge units/lots of files that can conflict with anything wrong in the Medieval II install.

I'm becoming increasingly sure that it's either Mount Grimfang and The Nameless City's maps, or a combination of those two maps and the Tomb Kings causing the crash. Especially since it's not the "Sigmar Preserve Us!" error, but just the regular "has stopped working" Windows error.
    Ok, i will test those cities and see if there is a problem with them and tomb kings

Quote Originally Posted by TheEmperor View Post
    Ok, i will test those cities and see if there is a problem with them and tomb kings
    Thanks. It seems like the Skaven Lair to the east of Mount Grimfang has the same issue for me, which is now making me wonder if there's some sort of terrain/region issue in the area where The Nameless City, Mount Grimfang, and that Skaven Lair are. Those are the only places where I've run into this issue, and all three settlements are pretty close to each other.

I have a question gigantus. how do we save our game settings? mine resets each time i start the game lol

Quote Originally Posted by PREDXV View Post
    I have a question gigantus. how do we save our game settings? mine resets each time i start the game lol
    did you crash? because in my experience changes dont take hold when the game terminates with a crash.

After a succesful siege against a Skaven holding it crashed while loading the world map.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bk14lhyejz...m.log.rar?dl=0

just posting here to let you know you are a hero giganticus, singlehandedly bringing cow to all of us unable to read cyrillic.

also a question, does your version have any additional fixes/tweaks the other version has?, as i am using that atm and will happily hop over if there is more stability.

So the 1.6 (downloaded from here) is working. I did try the vampire counts but with the patch I get the "Chaos is taking over" message. I reinstalled the basic mod (1.6) and it worked then i installed the 1.6007 and it did not work again (custom battle work perfectly) :-)
    Any ideas? :-)