Page 4 of 41 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast

Thread: RodG 1.6 - Easy and painfree Installation

Default Re: RodG 1.6 - Easy and painfree Installation

This sigmar preserve us message will be the bane of me... Halp!
    i installed everything as told.
    i had the same problem with 1.51.
    Maybe its because im using windows 10?

Finally It works!! Only two things, how many turns you see in your campaigns? For me appears 2514 turns!!! And another thing, why the brightness control don't work? The game is too bright and I can't adjust this level.

Thanks

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by turinkin View Post
    This sigmar preserve us message will be the bane of me... Halp!
    i installed everything as told.
    i had the same problem with 1.51.
    Maybe its because im using windows 10?
    Please provide more detail when it happens and upload the log.

Quote Originally Posted by Dani_Madrid View Post
    Finally It works!! Only two things, how many turns you see in your campaigns? For me appears 2514 turns!!! And another thing, why the brightness control don't work? The game is too bright and I can't adjust this level.

Thanks
    That's not turns - it's the start year

The brightness I have no solution for, I never used the game's option for it (never needed it) and now that you mention it I checked it with my Bare Geomod set up and discovered that it indeed does not work. The general brightness of textures in the strategic map can be controlled via descr_strategy_lighting, but the file is not included in the mod which means RodG uses the default values. Which means you will have to do it via your monitor's controls.

the message appears after i click on the desktop icon and it goes to the start screenM2TW.system.log.txt

Blog Entries

I am afraid it's the 'animation' crash - no solution has been found for it so far and appears to be system related, a re-installing may help but I haven't much hope for that.

For me it worked when reinstalling. But I could play before. I only got the animation crash after the game had a different crash which seemed to have corrupted the files (I guess).

Blog Entries

I am wondering if deleting the 'preferences' folder in the mod's directory will help in cases like this - this folder is created every time you start the mod (it's not provided with the installation) and contains the only files within the mod that are game generated apart from once off generated string.bin (provided with installation) and map.rwm files (provided).
    It's certainly possible that the files in that folder might get corrupted at a crash.
    Last edited by Gigantus; January 15, 2016 at 10:22 PM.

alright i will try i have hope thanks for the help!

After reinstalling I started a new Reikland campaign (I got Bright Wizards and Sigmar Priests before I even conquered the first province wut wut) and it crashed 2 times while AI turn. First time I forgot to safe the log, second time it crashed while Stirland. Log is below. I haven't tried yet but I bet that the campaign will be fine again when I load the autosave. Do you even want such crash logs where you can just circumvent the error by restarting the game?

In any case, the log is here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/3mryjb3dtk...m.log.rar?dl=0

Blog Entries

If you can use a prior save and continue then it's not really required - that could be just something so random that we will never find it. If you get crashes often at the same stage, eg starting a battle then it makes sense to have a look.

Can someone help me? I instantly crash to desktop when i try to start the mod and i have no idea why.

its the same as with Turinkin i think

I keep having this problem where any time the Tomb Kings are involved in a battle, the game crashes while loading the battle. It's happened when playing as them, and when fighting against them. It doesn't seem to be the usual error, either, because a trace log isn't even created.

Forgot to mention, there's no crash log because instead of a Medieval error pop-up such as "Sigmar Preserve Us" or "Unspecified Error" the game just pulls up a standard Windows "Medieval II has stopped working" message box. I've actually not run into any of the usual CTD issues that people have with the mod; just this one where any time a Tomb King unit is involved in a battle, I get the "stopped working" crash.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Malacari View Post
    Can someone help me? I instantly crash to desktop when i try to start the mod and i have no idea why. its the same as with Turinkin i think
    Please provide a log as described in the OP. If the log ends in the mentioning of animations, try deleting the preferences and packs folders of the mod first.

Quote Originally Posted by Metal_Izanagi View Post
    I keep having this problem where any time the Tomb Kings are involved in a battle, the game crashes while loading the battle. It's happened when playing as them, and when fighting against them. It doesn't seem to be the usual error, either, because a trace log isn't even created.
    These are RodG's error messages (data\text\shared) for all three languages:
    Code:
    {GERR_GENERIC}Sigma preserve us, Chaos has taken over!\n\nClosing the gates to save our souls!
    {GERR_GENERIC}    Sigmar bewahre uns, das Chaos hat die Kontrolle  übernommen!\n\nCall Of Warhammer hat einen unbestimmten Fehler entdeckt  und wird jetzt beendet.
    {GERR_GENERIC}    Неизвестная ошибка. Игра завершит работу
    Which means there is something unusual going on if you get the vanilla 'M2 has stopped working' message. Did you ever run any of the language short cuts, especially after updating?
    Ever done the virtual store fix (see OP)?

Quote Originally Posted by Metal_Izanagi View Post
    Forgot to mention, there's no crash log because instead of a Medieval error pop-up such as "Sigmar Preserve Us" or "Unspecified Error" the game just pulls up a standard Windows "Medieval II has stopped working" message box. I've actually not run into any of the usual CTD issues that people have with the mod; just this one where any time a Tomb King unit is involved in a battle, I get the "stopped working" crash.
    That would require a custom battle test to see which units are responsible. It may however be related to the humongous file sets of some units (flagellants - 16MB, vanilla average 4MB). Try first disabling reflections and shadows in the video option - and no, it doesn't matter how good your graphics card is, this crash can still happen.
    Last edited by Gigantus; January 16, 2016 at 10:07 PM.

I Can't Download the Patch, Mediafire just Reloads the page Without Downloading patch

Blog Entries

I have no problems accessing it - try a reset of your brower's cache
    Last edited by Gigantus; January 16, 2016 at 11:11 PM.

can download the Quick Fixes but not patch.

Quote Originally Posted by eaenidu View Post
    can download the Quick Fixes but not patch.
    I've tested it, the patch's download link is working properly for me

I Don't know What To Say, I Can Download the Quick Fixes but When I Go to Mediafire and Try the Patch it just Reloads the Page and gives me an Ad to look at, No Download at all....Can I get a Mirror or something Posted Please? I Really Love this Mod but looking at Russian Gives me a Headache.