Page 28 of 41 FirstFirst ... 3181920212223242526272829303132333435363738 ... LastLast

Thread: RodG 1.6 - Easy and painfree Installation

Default Re: RodG 1.6 - Easy and painfree Installation

Quote Originally Posted by Sayuasha View Post
    Can't help you as I don't know your logs or anything or what you're doing. Do you have all the requirements (m2, kingdom, latest patch, blahblah) if you're using Steam. Are you using the correct format. Are you installing it in the mods folder or the default game folder (it should set it on the correct path, not mods, but the game folder)
    My bad! Here is the log https://www.dropbox.com/s/e166w3v30p...m.log.txt?dl=0

I do it through steam, but i dont put it in the mod folder, just in the M2TW folder. I have followed the video and multiple steps seen on this forum.

I am currently running Windows 7. its fully updated, i started up M2TW and all expansions before installing it, i tried running it as admin and without running it as admin.

Mathayus's Avatar Laetus

The Russian event just a story about the going on about the Warhammer world or something similar of that nature. Since it doesn't mattered to you to read it, it's just easier to translate the key aspects of the game. There's one event that you should keep an eye out on and that's it 1. (It's in English) do you want Assassins to be enabled to make it crazy as hell and dynamic with back stabbing, yes, if you want to keep the alliances and be good vs evil in all aspects then say no (recommended). 2. Another event will fire and it'll be in Russian. This event is asking you you want a limits of three merchants for all factions (I assume so since it's merchant in Russian and said 3) if you want faster loading and less economic rivalries among themselves click decline, if you want to be able to make lots of money and are willing to take more CPU losses and wait time for the merchants to compete and make it harder for you/them to get money then accepts. Once you accepts, you can't go back to your choices to you need to CHOOSE CAREFULLY.
    1. It showed up and I said no to backstabbing .. I don't reckon to have seen the 2nd nor the 3rd you mentioned

Besides, excuse my ignorance, but I'm playing as Orcs and Goblins and can't get to understand why sometimes I can recruit Giants (and Trolls and Ogres), and the turn after they just disappear from the recruiting panel.. Thanks in advance

My game crashes all the time, but if I remove the campaign script and it runs fine. Just saying because there's all these theory's about what is causing the crashes. Just my two cents.

I just torrented a version of M2TW and installed the mod onto that. Works like a charm now. My steam version is still ed.

I guess it's gotta do something with steam. I don't know. :/

-Regards
    Wiaf

The game runs pretty stable right now. The only consistent error that I get is a graphic error when I finished a battle. Game will crash and battle will not count after I win/lost a battle.

I am running the bat and the game as administrator.

Any Ideas?

log won't help as it doesnt show anything about it. it gets cut off when it crashes. It doesnt even show any crash message.

-Regards
    Wiaf

Quote Originally Posted by Wiaf View Post
    The game runs pretty stable right now. The only consistent error that I get is a graphic error when I finished a battle. Game will crash and battle will not count after I win/lost a battle.

Any Ideas?

log won't help as it doesnt show anything about it. it gets cut off when it crashes. It doesnt even show any crash message.

-Regards
    Wiaf
    I really wish I could edit. I switched to shader version1 and disabled campaign shadows also. Doesn't crash anymore.

Any Ideas?

-Regards
    Wiaf
    It's because most likely your game is derping hardcore and is strained with too much graphic tearing. This is not your fault, but you need to do a simple edit. Go to your mod folder and replace your configuration with this:

video]
    movies = 1
    windowed = false <--- These are incorrectly typed and causes the small screen and other problems
    borderless_window = false <---
    #battle_resolution = 1920 1080 <--- Whatever your screen is or whatever you want set both of these as your monitor size. This might be a fix for you.
    #campaign_resolution = 1920 1080 <----

It's because most likely your game is derping hardcore and is strained with too much graphic tearing. This is not your fault, but you need to do a simple edit. Go to your mod folder and replace your configuration with this:

video]
    movies = 1
    windowed = false <--- These are incorrectly typed and causes the small screen and other problems
    borderless_window = false <---
    #battle_resolution = 1920 1080 <--- Whatever your screen is or whatever you want set both of these as your monitor size. This might be a fix for you.
    #campaign_resolution = 1920 1080 <----
    Cheers mate, but read my second post. The one directly below what you quoted I am running borderless windows 1920x1200 with tga 1.6 with no problems

-Regards,
    Wiaf

Need Help, game plays fine except the graphics in battle are grainy and horrible, also, the mouse does not click on anything, even when you hit escape to bring the menu up. Any suggestions? I have done several reinstalls and the problem is the same. I have used the appropriate language and download steps etc.

Thanks

***Edit***

The keyboard can be used during battle, but when you click with the mouse it is off centered and not where you think it should be. Very strange, and I have not seen this before. Also, I cranked my the video down to see if that was an issued and its not.

Video Card:
    Last edited by Xmecial; March 22, 2016 at 10:14 PM. Reason: Additional Info
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

NVIDIA Geforce GTX 580
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ok so, i've followed the instructions for the install, i've moved my medieval 2 total war to C drive just in case that was the problem, i've redownloaded the mod in case it was a corrupted download, but every time i try to start the mod it instantly crashes, i don't even make it to the menu, i've made sure that medieval 2 is still working, and i've tested the britannia dlc just to make sure the kingdoms expansion is working
    https://www.mediafire.com/?bebm72awvacbbls
    hopefully i uploaded the log file correctly
    also i'm on windows 8.1
    any help would be greatly appreciated

I don't know much about coding or how to read the log but it seems like I am missing a lot of files.

I have tried reinstalling the files multiple times and always in the order stated at the first page.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/tp...ystem.log.zipx

I looked at both your log files and they look exactly like my steam version looked. I have no answers for that I am afraid.

If you own the steam version I think its not strictly illegal to download a torrent M2TW. I did that and it worked. I won't encourage you, but it sure worth is a try.

@Xmecial: I can't see any of your links/images.

-Regards,
    Wiaf

I looked at both your log files and they look exactly like my steam version looked. I have no answers for that I am afraid.

If you own the steam version I think its not strictly illegal to download a torrent M2TW. I did that and it worked. I won't encourage you, but it sure worth is a try.

@Xmecial: I can't see any of your links/images.

-Regards,
    Wiaf
    So I'm confused it's because I own a steam version of the game that it doesn't work??

Quote Originally Posted by buffsboy474 View Post
    So I'm confused it's because I own a steam version of the game that it doesn't work??
    Well for me using the CD Version from a Torrent solved all my problems. It should run on steam though. 1.5.1 runs on steam for me.

Laetus

After installing it the first time, the game started, loading screen appeared for approximately 10 seconds, and then black screen, CTD. Every next launch was immediate CTD without loading screen.
    Installed the second time, but the .bat file launches the game without the mod. Regular Medieval II.
    Played this mod 2 years ago on pirated version without a single crash.

M2TW.system.log.txt.zip

Great guide - first time I've been able to get the game working.

I've tried a couple of campaigns, and while I have had no problems so far with High Elves, Dwarves CTD (Sigmar Preserve Us!) every time I try to fight a battle on the map.

So far my opponants have been Night Goblins and Orcs in different locations; always the same crash a few seconds after the battle loading screen comes up. My log is attached - appreciate the help.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/hf.../Crash_Log.zip

Everytime I try to start up a Sylvania campaign it goes through the UI lock and then crashes.

Quote Originally Posted by dustandpolos View Post
    M2TW.system.log.txt.zip

Great guide - first time I've been able to get the game working.

I've tried a couple of campaigns, and while I have had no problems so far with High Elves, Dwarves CTD (Sigmar Preserve Us!) every time I try to fight a battle on the map.

So far my opponants have been Night Goblins and Orcs in different locations; always the same crash a few seconds after the battle loading screen comes up. My log is attached - appreciate the help.
    You should install the first hotfix.