Page 2 of 41 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast

Thread: RodG 1.6 - Easy and painfree Installation

Default Re: RodG 1.6 - Easy and painfree Installation

Once again I would like to thank You for your work, thanks to You I am playing 1.6 finally. I have finished Dark Elves campaign without bigger issues (10 crashes or so) all not permament, reloding helped. The experience was pure immerse in fun . Now I have started Ostermark campaign. It is progressing nicely, was a tactical chalange, when from the start there was beastman raids in the north, sylvania attacked with full stacks of unbreakable stacks in the south, there was also 2 random raids (one skaven and one with two stacks of orks). Now Mordheim and Sylvania are conquered, most of Ostermark problems are solved (until Chaos invasions ). I am having technical issue with battle against 3 stacks of night goblins I have trained two mortars they work fine with standard ammo but game crashes when I use fire ammo during battle, the same happens when they try to shoot their artillery, they have divers and some bolt throwers variation. I have applied two new patches You added above without luck. I am adding log file for clarification.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/gt...tem.log.txt.7z

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

I will have to check those projectiles again - the doom diver was problematic in the previous version as well. Can you tell me the name of the mortar unit you were using?

Thanks for fast reply. In battle there are present Empire Mortars on my side. With standard projectiles I am able to progress in battle until Night Goblins try to shoot with Doom Diver Catapult or Spear Chukka (I am not sure witch one). When I am using flaming ammo of mortar the crash happens when projectile hit ground, after exloding in air to smaller pieces.

Blog Entries

I fixed the Doom diver (it actually needs the full path for the model), see pic. I'll check the Empire Mortar (I am assuming the same circumstances) and then issue the new projectile fix.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    I fixed the Doom diver (it actually needs the full path for the model), see pic. I'll check the Empire Mortar (I am assuming the same circumstances) and then issue the new projectile fix.

And also the other four models that located in "RodG16/data/models_missle" folder should have full path in "descr_projectile.txt"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TheEmperor View Post
    And also the other four models that located in "RodG16/data/models_missle" folder should have full path in "descr_projectile.txt"
    The 'barrel.cas' model isn't used - it's commented out. Did the others. Tested the 'Empire Mortar' unit with exploding projectiles and they work fine - the pic has the shrapnel effect of the air explosion.

New Quickfix issued: 20160114 - RodG16 - projectile new (replaces previous projectile fix)

Thank You Gigantus, worked like charm and Night Goblins have just taken serious beating .

Great job Gigantus!
    As i see AI is very "friendly" now to Sylvania at VH, for my taste to friendly. The empire factions at neutral stance and i received no invasions.
    Is there a way how i can become AI more aggressive? i know littlebit about different scripts, like descr.strat or exp.descr.unit and few more. My wish would be like, that enemys attack in waves, even
    if they weaker, for a better war feeling. Sometimes in war its efficient too, to attack in weaker waves, just to keep the enemy on fighting and to reduce his manpower. I imagine this more interesting and challengeful to stand.
    Maybe there is some idea what parameters in descr_campaign_ai_db to change for something in mean?

Hey Gigantus, when I get to the campaign, I have no mouse cursor and there is no hud just like widescreen and its just loading and I cant exit the game through the menu.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=600525121

Tried out Tomb Kings. One minor weird bug report is that the unit cards for Tomb King leaders are using Skaven art. As far as I am aware I installed and patched RoDG correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Faceless View Post
    Tried out Tomb Kings. One minor weird bug report is that the unit cards for Tomb King leaders are using Skaven art. As far as I am aware I installed and patched RoDG correctly.
    Mine shows 2 of the units with a pic of a human spearman with NO PICS? over the top of it (same with Tzeentch Centigors). And everything for Tomb Kings, Skaven, and the Mercenaries, is in Russian. I've also found every race has at least one unit with a Russian name.

Having trouble getting logs, as the log folder mysteriously disappears after a crash. I have to create a new folder and log file everytime.

Hello, the install of this works well but I also haven't had much of an opportunity to play because while the 1.6 version works well, if I install the patches or the quickfixes the campaign refuses to start, the custom battles work, but no matter what faction I choose it always crashes whenever the loading bar fills up and the message Sigmar save us bla bla bla appears, I will attach a log if needed

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BloodDragon View Post
    Great job Gigantus!
    As i see AI is very "friendly" now to Sylvania at VH, for my taste to friendly. The empire factions at neutral stance and i received no invasions.
    Is there a way how i can become AI more aggressive? i know littlebit about different scripts, like descr.strat or exp.descr.unit and few more. My wish would be like, that enemys attack in waves, even
    if they weaker, for a better war feeling. Sometimes in war its efficient too, to attack in weaker waves, just to keep the enemy on fighting and to reduce his manpower. I imagine this more interesting and challengeful to stand.
    Maybe there is some idea what parameters in descr_campaign_ai_db to change for something in mean?
    That would be a matter of tweaking the AI in general - something I have no experience with.

Quote Originally Posted by PREDXV View Post
    Hey Gigantus, when I get to the campaign, I have no mouse cursor and there is no hud just like widescreen and its just loading and I cant exit the game through the menu.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=600525121
    Didn't you get the message that the interface is frozen for a while? That is normal and the freeze will last for about the minute.

Quote Originally Posted by Faceless View Post
    The art is culture dependent, I reckon both factions have the same culture but I have to check.

Quote Originally Posted by Zync View Post
    Mine shows 2 of the units with a pic of a human spearman with NO PICS? over the top of it (same with Tzeentch Centigors). And everything for Tomb Kings, Skaven, and the Mercenaries, is in Russian. I've also found every race has at least one unit with a Russian name.

Having trouble getting logs, as the log folder mysteriously disappears after a crash. I have to create a new folder and log file everytime.
    "No pics" means exactly that - the unit has no picture.
    All new units and faction details are still in Russian - a translation is being worked on.
    The log folder gets removed automatically at every game start and then will be recreated when the log is written - problem i sthat the log sometimes DOESN'T get written and hence there will be no folder.

Quote Originally Posted by Flypside12 View Post
    Hello, the install of this works well but I also haven't had much of an opportunity to play because while the 1.6 version works well, if I install the patches or the quickfixes the campaign refuses to start, the custom battles work, but no matter what faction I choose it always crashes whenever the loading bar fills up and the message Sigmar save us bla bla bla appears, I will attach a log if needed
    A log is certainly needed.

Laetus

Hello guys.

I've played COW 1.5.1 for so long that i missed 1.6 v. Yesterday i tried to install it on steam version. Instaled 3 parts, fixes and patches. Unfortunately the game won't run. There is this massage about Medieval 2 having unexpected error. Game crash. I moved step after step through instalation tutorial. I have WIN 7 UAC disabled an i run it as administrator. Any hints? Btw 1.5.1 rules XD i have machine for ROME 2 (easy) and i play Medieval 2 mod instead XD it's so nice.

Happy to heal from u guys. Would be good if i can run this mod. I was looking for hints, couldn't find anything.

Majesticc's Avatar Foederatus

Hey Gigantus! I found a simple translation here that translates most of the skaven/tomb king units, and most other new units that have been added in 1.6.
    However, the town and settlement names are still in Russian, as well as a lot more stuff like historic events for example. From what know of so far it only translates most new units and faction names for Skaven and Tomb Kings. Maybe their buildings aswell? i can't remember.

This translation doesn't have the settlement names translated and it changes the descr_projectile file and others so what i did was after a fresh 1.6 install i added this translation first, and then your patch and quick fixes over it. So now i got most of the new unit names in English, as well as the already translated settlement names.

Unfortunately I do not know who translated this, even in the readme it doesn't say who it is, it was just a link i found .

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FCrimson View Post
    Hello guys.

I've played COW 1.5.1 for so long that i missed 1.6 v. Yesterday i tried to install it on steam version. Instaled 3 parts, fixes and patches. Unfortunately the game won't run. There is this massage about Medieval 2 having unexpected error. Game crash. I moved step after step through instalation tutorial. I have WIN 7 UAC disabled an i run it as administrator. Any hints? Btw 1.5.1 rules XD i have machine for ROME 2 (easy) and i play Medieval 2 mod instead XD it's so nice.

Happy to heal from u guys. Would be good if i can run this mod. I was looking for hints, couldn't find anything.
    It looks as if you installed an old version - my version will tell you 'closing the gates' if it encounters an error.
    You should have no problem installing and running the download from the first post. All you have to do is to make sure that the install path ends in the Medieval 2 Total War directory - nowhere else! Same with the patches and fixes from the second post. And then use the desktop shortcut to start the mod.

Quote Originally Posted by Majesticc View Post
    Hey Gigantus! I found a simple translation here that translates most of the skaven/tomb king units, and most other new units that have been added in 1.6.
    However, the town and settlement names are still in Russian, as well as a lot more stuff like historic events for example. From what know of so far it only translates most new units and faction names for Skaven and Tomb Kings. Maybe their buildings aswell? i can't remember.

This translation doesn't have the settlement names translated and it changes the descr_projectile file and others so what i did was after a fresh 1.6 install i added this translation first, and then your patch and quick fixes over it. So now i got most of the new unit names in English, as well as the already translated settlement names.

Unfortunately I do not know who translated this, even in the readme it doesn't say who it is, it was just a link i found .
    Thank you for the link, I will have a look at it and then forward it to the member that is busy with the translation. Much appreciated.
    Our present setup has all the settlements already translated, so that's not a problem.

Hi Gigantus,
    I installed the mod yesterday with any problems, but when the game starts and choose any faction, a message appear about "Frozen Interface". I have read the reply that you posted to another colleague, [Didn't you get the message that the interface is frozen for a while? That is normal and the freeze will last for about the minute.] but in my case, this message never disappear even waiting 5, 10, 15 mins... How can I resolve this issue?

Thanks in advance

Laetus

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    It looks as if you installed an old version - my version will tell you 'closing the gates' if it encounters an error.
    You should have no problem installing and running the download from the first post. All you have to do is to make sure that the install path ends in the Medieval 2 Total War directory - nowhere else! Same with the patches and fixes from the second post. And then use the desktop shortcut to start the mod.
    Thank you for very fast reply. U sure wake up early in the morning So where can i find "fresh" version. I installed this version:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...e-Installation

Blog Entries

My bad, I explained poorly:

At the beginning the message will appear informing you that the interface is frozen. The message itself will not automatically disappear!!
    Simply wait until you can see on the left of the screen more (small) message icons come sliding down - that's when the interface works again normally.

The picture was taken when the icons start sliding down and the interface is working again

Yes, I have the same message, but it seems that there are any issue, because, there is no messages appears like you said, the map is not complete (with black HUD, basically no hud, and the upper zone of the map also in black), there is no cursor... I don't know if I have to wait more time, but I think there is an error there, I don't like these black zones... In your pic, the map is complete, you can see incoming mini - messages.