Page 40 of 41 FirstFirst ... 15303132333435363738394041 LastLast

Thread: RodG 1.6 - Easy and painfree Installation

Default Re: RodG 1.6 - Easy and painfree Installation

Turns out that the reason I couldn't get it to work is because my computer didn't have enough memory to be able to deal with the script and that's why the game crashed.
    FREE THE NIPPLE!!!

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Thanks for the feedback, I'll keep that in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    Thanks for the feedback, I'll keep that in mind.
    Hi Gigantus.
    Listen, I have a problem and I really would like your help.
    In practice all units of Kislev and Border Prince (both on the campaign map and in battle) have NO voices.
    A guy on youtube told me that there is an English patch that adds such voices.I tried to search on the forum but I did not find anything.Could you tell me where to find this patch please?
    ps. i have install all the patchs and quick fix in the right order .
    Last edited by Robert Nesta Marley; August 26, 2018 at 10:49 AM.

I installed and re-installed the mod, but I get a ctd when the loading for the campaign ends. I will leave the log file here, cause TWC gets a stroke when I try to copy the content from the log file for some reason.

I installed the parts each one by one, (before the second time I force re-checked them in my torrent client), I installed the patch 1 and tw, then the fixes (models, then script).Each time the installer recognized mtw2 directory so no problems there. I started the english bat file then the main file, but nope it always crashes.

Now the bizzare thing here is that I installed and played this ver. of the mod(I think even this year) at least once before, so I do not get what I'm doing wrong.

EDIT: I considered re-downloading the patches just in case (although as I said, they worked already), but patch1's link is broken.
    EDIT1: Figured out the problem, anti-virus shenanigans I quickly solved, but still that mediafire link is dicey.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by The Despondent Mind; November 18, 2019 at 02:53 PM.

Blog Entries

Looks as if the text for the event is missing in data\text\historic_event:
    Code:
    21:06:17.983 [system.io] [info] exists:   found mods/RodG16/data/ui/Nord_culture/eventpics/HISTORY_KHORN_P.tga (from: E:\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    21:06:17.983 [system.rpt] [error] Sigma preserve us, Chaos has taken over!
    Please check there. Patch 1 adds missing text, so you need to apply both patches.

Edit: I am having an issue with trying to download patch 1 (generating new key) so I am going to check what's going on there. Curious, it had over 20K downloads.

Edit2: Not sure what is going on - the error persists even after I have re-uploaded the file.

I will issue a combined patch (patches and quick fixes) and then upload it. Please check sometime later.
    Last edited by Gigantus; November 18, 2019 at 07:44 PM.

Blog Entries

Update

Due to some problem with a patch download all patches and quick fixes have now been combined into patch 3 and the download is available here at TWC.

1.6.022 - 19th November 2019
    - combined all previous patches
    - fixes battle crashes caused by wrong paths
    - disables Lead Belcher unit due to crashes
    - fixes script error in Orc reinforcement script

Hey, I've got a somewhat odd request.
    Do you have or know where I can get the image that is used in the background of the installer? I love using that image as a wallpaper but all I could ever get was this lower res one from somewhere on yandex/google.
    I tried to extract the archive with UniExtract but it wouldn't work for me.
    This is the image in question.

Blog Entries

That would be the data\menu\splash.tga file, should be 1024*768 in dimensions. Trace the mod's folder by right clicking the desktop shortcut and selecting 'open file location' then look in it's directory.

Convert the TGA file with a program like Sage Thumbs.

Many thanks.

Blog Entries

Hi
    I have an ask for you people.
    Where can I still download CoW Rage of the Gods? I have problem with official Russian site - the part 1 download tells me 'Forbidden' error after 1GB downloaded and the torrent on this site probably has no seeds because Torrent program can't even connect with the peers.

I tell in advance that I am not interested in the "Beginning of the End Times" version, although it's very well made mod I would rather like to play the old version.

Downloaded the torrent, installed each part, then the same with the new 1.6 patch. CTD when I try a campaign. I mean the installers are fool proof, I don't see what I could have possibly done wrong there(The background screen on main menu also says its 1.6!). I also made sure its not the Anti virus messing them.

I have attached the log file.

EDIT: Without the patch it works, maybe I misunderstood this, and you don't need the patch or what?
    Last edited by The Despondent Mind; July 14, 2021 at 03:35 PM.

Blog Entries

The only patch applicable is 1.6.022 from here. Would that be the one you applied?

At the beginning there is a forced game freeze (because of all the scripted siege battles that make the game unresponsive**) that has it's own message. Did that message show before the crash? Because that's where your log stops.

** major pain, simply leave the keyboard and mouse alone to avoid causing an issue.

Yup the mod works, the campaign and everything, but when I apply that patch, the campaign loads fully and then freezes/crashes somehow at the same time, I never see any campaign map, the loading screen is stuck.

On a side note, I just started to test out the camp a little on the patchless version, and I could not construct a watchtower, there was simply no button for it.

Blog Entries

There is no setting to disable watch towers (siege towers yes, via descr_sm_factions) and I can't recall coming across that - but then it has been ages that I installed RodG. Possibly removed via the menu file, remove the data\menu\mt2w.lnt file (keep a copy) and see if that changes it.

I'd still wish I knew what is it about the patch that causes the problem.

Icon8 Re: RodG 1.6 - Easy and painfree Installation

So i did the install of the mod, in order, plus the patch which says it includes fixes, and it still crashes, i can't load and stay in a campaign for long and it also crashes mid battle of i load a custom battle up. Could I please get some help? I'm also attaching the log file in a Zip <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Blog Entries

The last log entry suggests that the 'turks' lost the battle (found mods/RodG16/data/ui/captain banners/dead/captain_card_turks.tga) and that the crash happened right after that. It could be a loading screen issue, try the following:
    1. remove data\descr_transition_screen.txt
    2. remove data\text\quotes.txt and string.bin
    This will set the loading screen and quotes to vanilla and if successful indicates that an error\omission in the numbering sequence in either of the files.

Icon1

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    The last log entry suggests that the 'turks' lost the battle (found mods/RodG16/data/ui/captain banners/dead/captain_card_turks.tga) and that the crash happened right after that. It could be a loading screen issue, try the following:
    1. remove data\descr_transition_screen.txt
    2. remove data\text\quotes.txt and string.bin
    This will set the loading screen and quotes to vanilla and if successful indicates that an error\omission in the numbering sequence in either of the files.

OK<<<<<<<<<

I just deleted all 3 of these from the files, lets see if it works

ok i just deleted all 3
    descr_transition_screen.txt
    quotes.txt
    quotes.txt.string.bin

now it did this
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 121.png   1212.jpg  
    Last edited by Maximinus Thrax; July 03, 2023 at 05:46 AM. Reason: triple posting

Hey,
    I have installed 1.6 but i want to reenable population growth. I changed in export_descr_buildings stuff like:
    ";population_growth_bonus bonus -1 requires factions { england, russia, southern_european, normans, timurids, }" to
    "population_growth_bonus bonus 1 requires factions { england, russia, southern_european, normans, timurids, }"
    but it didn't work. Do you have any ideas how can i have a normal growth of cities and castles?