Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ... 153031323334353637383940

Thread: RodG 1.6 - Easy and painfree Installation

Gigantus's Avatar I am thinking more about running away now then I did as a kid, but by the time I put my teeth in, my glasses on and find my car keys I forget why I am going.
    Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus Modding Emeritus

Blog Entries

Default Re: RodG 1.6 - Easy and painfree Installation

Drat, sorry about the mess.

Turns out that the reason I couldn't get it to work is because my computer didn't have enough memory to be able to deal with the script and that's why the game crashed.
    ORANGE MAN BAD

Gigantus's Avatar I am thinking more about running away now then I did as a kid, but by the time I put my teeth in, my glasses on and find my car keys I forget why I am going.

Blog Entries

Thanks for the feedback, I'll keep that in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    Thanks for the feedback, I'll keep that in mind.
    Hi Gigantus.
    Listen, I have a problem and I really would like your help.
    In practice all units of Kislev and Border Prince (both on the campaign map and in battle) have NO voices.
    A guy on youtube told me that there is an English patch that adds such voices.I tried to search on the forum but I did not find anything.Could you tell me where to find this patch please?
    ps. i have install all the patchs and quick fix in the right order .
    Last edited by Robert Nesta Marley; August 26, 2018 at 10:49 AM.

I installed and re-installed the mod, but I get a ctd when the loading for the campaign ends. I will leave the log file here, cause TWC gets a stroke when I try to copy the content from the log file for some reason.

I installed the parts each one by one, (before the second time I force re-checked them in my torrent client), I installed the patch 1 and tw, then the fixes (models, then script).Each time the installer recognized mtw2 directory so no problems there. I started the english bat file then the main file, but nope it always crashes.

Now the bizzare thing here is that I installed and played this ver. of the mod(I think even this year) at least once before, so I do not get what I'm doing wrong.

EDIT: I considered re-downloading the patches just in case (although as I said, they worked already), but patch1's link is broken.
    EDIT1: Figured out the problem, anti-virus shenanigans I quickly solved, but still that mediafire link is dicey.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by The Despondent Mind; November 18, 2019 at 02:53 PM.

Blog Entries

Looks as if the text for the event is missing in data\text\historic_event:
    Code:
    21:06:17.983 [system.io] [info] exists:   found mods/RodG16/data/ui/Nord_culture/eventpics/HISTORY_KHORN_P.tga (from: E:\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    21:06:17.983 [system.rpt] [error] Sigma preserve us, Chaos has taken over!
    Please check there. Patch 1 adds missing text, so you need to apply both patches.

Edit: I am having an issue with trying to download patch 1 (generating new key) so I am going to check what's going on there. Curious, it had over 20K downloads.

Edit2: Not sure what is going on - the error persists even after I have re-uploaded the file.

I will issue a combined patch (patches and quick fixes) and then upload it. Please check sometime later.
    Last edited by Gigantus; November 18, 2019 at 07:44 PM.

Blog Entries

Update

Due to some problem with a patch download all patches and quick fixes have now been combined into patch 3 and the download is available here at TWC.

1.6.022 - 19th November 2019
    - combined all previous patches
    - fixes battle crashes caused by wrong paths
    - disables Lead Belcher unit due to crashes
    - fixes script error in Orc reinforcement script

Hey, I've got a somewhat odd request.
    Do you have or know where I can get the image that is used in the background of the installer? I love using that image as a wallpaper but all I could ever get was this lower res one from somewhere on yandex/google.
    I tried to extract the archive with UniExtract but it wouldn't work for me.
    This is the image in question.

Blog Entries

That would be the data\menu\splash.tga file, should be 1024*768 in dimensions. Trace the mod's folder by right clicking the desktop shortcut and selecting 'open file location' then look in it's directory.

Convert the TGA file with a program like Sage Thumbs.

Many thanks.

Blog Entries