Thread: Patch problems

Default Patch problems

Is there an easy way to work out if the 2.1b patch has worked?
    My version says 2.1b on the main screen, but the first campaign loads at the same speed as any other (not even a 2 min delay, never mind the 5-10 mins mentioned in the main thread). I don't get any ctds or any of the other problems I've seen mentioned, but my recruitment options seem to be less then the original 2.01 release.
    I have installed and patched twice now, once using the autoinstaller and once by manually pasting the data folder across.
    Both times I have looked at the Romani starting campaign before and after patching but I cannot recruit Socii troops (or even Leves) at the relevant settlements.
    The only recruitment I have available is Roman factional troops (just the H-P-T standard infantry, no cav or leves at all) at Roma itself, do the Socii come along later or have I just patched it wrong?
    To be clear, the Leves/Sebellian troops don't even show on the recruitment tab for Capua etc, as though they don't exist (rather than just being "greyed out" while the pools replenish).

Default Re: Patch problems

To quote myself elsewhere:

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    Ah, I just realised what it is.

All Roman recruitment has an event_counter against it - either Camillian, Polybian or Marian. The CamillianEra is activated at the start of the game, but that automatically depletes any pool it's in (can't do anything about that, it's hardcoded, new phases zero the pools when they happen). There's a script that replenishes the pools for the infantry in Roma at the start, but doesn't do anywhere else or any other units.

So all those places will eventually replenish, they just don't start the game with anything. I think that script needs revisiting to give everywhere something to begin with.
    I'll expand the starting replenish to the other Italian cities, and the rest of the units.

Thanks for the speedy reply pal (on xmas eve no less!).
    Do you happen to know how many turns it takes for the pools to replenish so I can do a test run to make sure my patch has taken?
    On earlier versions I seem to remember that a depleted troop type was still visible on the recruit tab but was greyed out, whereas my current game doesn't show them at all (sorry if this has been answered elsewhere, I've been offline for a few days so I'm struggling to catch up on the main thread)

In Capua, for example, Sabellian Hastati should re-appear by about turn 13.

Never mind, I just tried running it and they appear on turn 2, although greyed out it says they will be available after a certain number of turns. I could have sworn I'd tried ending turn before but apparently not!
    Thanks for the help, and apologies for wasting your time with something this ridiculous

Quote Originally Posted by Lancastrius Maximus View Post
    Never mind, I just tried running it and they appear on turn 2, although greyed out it says they will be available after a certain number of turns. I could have sworn I'd tried ending turn before but apparently not!
    Thanks for the help, and apologies for wasting your time with something this ridiculous
    Yes, on turn 1 they don't appear in the pool at all, greyed out or otherwise, which can be confusing. Starting on turn 2 they show up but need to replenish up to full. You can mouse over them to see how many turns are remaining. For people doing a turn 1 orientation of their provinces, generals, and recruiting options, it can give the false impression that Roma is your only source of troops. The added replenish should fix that.