Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: v5.1 patch ~ Install & Tech help

RomanGuy's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: NTW3 v5.1 patch ~ Install & Tech help

Download link is broken for me.

It's fixed as of 3-16 ~Lord Davn
    Last edited by Lord Davn; March 18, 2016 at 03:03 PM.
    "Veni, vidi, vici"
    "I came, I saw, I conquered"
    -Gaius Julius Caesar

Where is download link?

On top of page 1 on this thread ~Lord Davn
    Last edited by Lord Davn; March 18, 2016 at 03:04 PM.

Excuse me, I see it mod Projectile Trails off, I would Projectile Trails ON, help me please , thanks all
    Last edited by Lord Davn; March 18, 2016 at 03:05 PM.

Branchez93's Avatar Foederatus

I've fond out about this mod only recently and decided to give it a go. A lovely, lovely mod. You can really see and appreciate all the work that has gone into it. I love the amount of detail and historical accuracy behind it. Especially love the new units. Can't pass without mentioning the awesome sound and visual effects. Although there are some downsides too. With accuracy being lower than in vanilla and battles lasting much longer than before CTDs are bound to happen. I have started a new French campaign and I haven't been able to finish fisrt battle I get into. Everything works just fine until after 10 or 15 mins of the battle when I get CTD. I just says that NTW is not responding and odd enough I get this message two times (when it crashes to desktop I get a message saying that NTW is not responding, after I click OK or whatever the same message appears again). I'm playing on a laptop and it's not that great but vanilla works fine, as do other mods I've tried.

Also I would like to mention that artillery is not that good. With two arty pieces I get with Napoleon himself, iirc, when starting a new campaign (can't hope to be able to pronounce those names) I can't get any kills at all. In very FEW occasions when arty shots actually hit something, soldiers that get hit only stand up and continue marching/fighting. I am lucky when I get a single kill out of 2 or 3 cannons firing. Yes, arty does reload quite a bit faster than before but I don't think it's effective as it's supposed to be. At least those soldiers shouldn't get up when being directly hit with a cannon ball! Another thing I would like to mention is the cavalry charge. I charged with melee cavalry onto back of a line infantry unit and whilst I double-clicked they just kept walking and when the first row of cavalrymen came to the enemy they just stopped. That's not really efficient is it? I lost a lot of men that time since that's not the way cavalry is supposed to work. They were fresh and hadn't been engaged before that. One time I tried building up their speed but it didn't work. They just kept going at it slow speed. Another time I tried attacking from a short distance to same effect.

Is this how cav and arty are supposed to behave or I messed up something? Also, what would you recommend about that CTD issue (the reason I made this post lol)?

I love this mod, I have NTW 3 v 5.1 but it crushes often to desktop during battle, the artillery is retarded and the cavalry is way to slow and tires way to fast. Do you know any fixes for this?

Lord Davn's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by NicolazDamian View Post
    I love this mod, I have NTW 3 v 5.1 but it crushes often to desktop during battle, the artillery is retarded and the cavalry is way to slow and tires way to fast. Do you know any fixes for this?
    Try the new NTW3 v70 mod. Download and setup instructions are listed in the NTW3 sticky threads

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123