Thread: Devastation

Default Devastation

Just wondering how long does it take for devastation left by lingering enemy stacks to reverse? its costing me about 2000 gold per turn and is crippling me at this point.

Default Re: Devestation

It's a beast. I find it takes a good 12 turns to start to come down a bit. It's definitely important to knock out those rebel stacks that just linger near your borders.

Oh I see, so they represent enemy raids on my borders, good point

I still wish the menace the Romans have to deal with on their northern borders was cut down, just a bit...

Having just dealt with these three armies myself tonight (at long last I am actually playing!!!), I am very glad they are there - it was a very nice change from the usual calm, almost boring start of Roman campaigns in EB1. Some great battles, tough, but the more rewarding!

Ya im glad they are there too, had to deal with one of those stacks besieging my city, and the result was i lost Capua to Epeiros in the meanwhile my army went north lol. Though ive recaptured it by now, it was awesome nonetheless.
    Then, as throngs of his enemies bore down upon him and one of his followers said, "They are making at thee, O King," "Who else, pray," said Antigonus, "should be their mark? But Demetrius will come to my aid." This was his hope to the last, and to the last he kept watching eagerly for his son; then a whole cloud of javelins were let fly at him and he fell.

-Plutarch, life of Demetrius.

Arche Aiakidae-Epeiros EB2 AAR

Yeah, devastation is a bit ridiculous. I'm dirt poor in my Pontus campaign because two big rebel armies decided to have a picnic on the edge of my land, and I don't have the units to go remove them.

Quote Originally Posted by V.T. Marvin View Post
    Having just dealt with these three armies myself tonight (at long last I am actually playing!!!), I am very glad they are there - it was a very nice change from the usual calm, almost boring start of Roman campaigns in EB1. Some great battles, tough, but the more rewarding!
    My thoughts too. It prevents sending the northern army south to help deal with Epirus and conquer Region. Makes the game more challenging on both fronts.