Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: [BC 2.4.2] : Standalone Patched Version - [Preview + Download] RELEASED!

Hoplite of Ilis's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: BROKEN CRESCENT 2.4 !RELEASE! - !PREVIEW! AND !DOWNLOAD!

Even though I always liked this mod for its "personality", I would always lose battles as Romans... Are they so difficult to win with, or was it just my idea?...

jurcek1987's Avatar Protector Domesticus

That's because in vanilla their units are underpowered. I mean cataphracts with 5 layers of armour and fully armoured horses have the same armour value as about 20 other cavalries. Also they use javelins a lot but they're useless because the vanilla javelin animation is broken. My advice is to play RR/RC submod but unfortunately it's not compatible with BC 2.4

I played BC (always as Rome) years ago, but the battles were hard to enjoy! They were frustrating, as I was mostly losing or gaining Pyrrhic victories. Never tried any sub-mods though... Somebody needs to raise their battle statistics.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoplite of Ilis View Post
    I played BC (always as Rome) years ago, but the battles were hard to enjoy! They were frustrating, as I was mostly losing or gaining Pyrrhic victories. Never tried any sub-mods though... Somebody needs to raise their battle statistics.
    Players felt the ERE was dominating the campaign and destroying other factions in the original version of BC, but that was possibly because of campaign balancing issues. In rebalancing the game for BC2, subsequent modders weakened the ERE both on campaigns and in battles, the latter being unnecessary. I think balancing issues have mostly been resolved. Maybe start a new campaign and let us know.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoffrey of Villehardouin View Post
    Players felt the ERE was dominating the campaign and destroying other factions in the original version of BC, but that was possibly because of campaign balancing issues. In rebalancing the game for BC2, subsequent modders weakened the ERE both on campaigns and in battles, the latter being unnecessary. I think balancing issues have mostly been resolved. Maybe start a new campaign and let us know.
    Yeah, maybe I will. But I still think flame-throwers should have already been included...

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

I'm about to start my first game in BC and I have four questions:
    - is the Germanicus' RBAI (in any version, not necessarily 5.7) included in BC2.4?
    - to confirm: the range of horse archers more-or-less the same as of foot archers (130-160) and the advantage of foot-archers over horse-archers is their vulnerability to arrows due to very high profile, while the advantage of horse-archers is their ability to flee in case of an attack from hand-to-hand combat units.
    - to confirm: some strong, mounted units have the attribute "free_ukeep" (two turkish, a few KoJ) - this is an omission and no free-ukeep is intended in the BC.
    - I have gone through the "export_desc_unit" file and I have two problems. 1) I cannot distinguish on what basis the game if a unit is "fast moving" - does it take this information from the "Mount" feature - that "Fast pony" makes a unit fast-moving? 2) how "powerful charge" is coded - it should be an attribute, but is does not appear in the file; its also unrelated to "can_formed_charge" and "heavy horse" - there are units which don't have this feature, but in-game they say posess "Powerful Charge" (and do it).
    cheers
    JoC
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; August 14, 2016 at 04:41 AM. Reason: More questions B-)

Default Re: [BC 2.4.2] : Standalone Patched Version - [Preview + Download] RELEASED!

Congratulations guys !!!

Prince of Judah's Avatar Senator

Default Re: [BC 2.4.2] : Standalone Patched Version - [Preview + Download] RELEASED!

ByzantineBoy, did you change the recruitment pool replenishment to reduce stack spam? I've been busy and the guy helping me apply new values to the recruitment pool disappeared.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince of Judah View Post
    ByzantineBoy, did you change the recruitment pool replenishment to reduce stack spam? I've been busy and the guy helping me apply new values to the recruitment pool disappeared.
    As far as I have tested, there is not stack spam any more.

Hi Byzantineboy. Will work on mod now officialy stop, or you plan to continue working on it ?

Ooops..i playing as kingdom of jerusalem turn 29 and game stuck on roman empire then making the turn..

Roman empire captain issakios attacking rebel setlement silistra end the turn freezzzz...

Quote Originally Posted by SAMOGITIAN PAGAN View Post
    Roman empire captain issakios attacking rebel setlement silistra end the turn freezzzz...
    Try moving the sieging army, that usually solves it.

Prince of Judah's Avatar Senator

wow this is good news. I may be able to salvage my mod now!

Yes finaly thank you Akhenaten yours solution workt out...

On turn 32 as Oman, I get stuck on ERE's turn. I've tried restarting but it just freezes on ERE. Do I have to just wait it out or is it a ctd?

Quote Originally Posted by Vladek165 View Post
    On turn 32 as Oman, I get stuck on ERE's turn. I've tried restarting but it just freezes on ERE. Do I have to just wait it out or is it a ctd?
    if you upload the error log it will make it easier for byzantinenoy to fix any errors. if you don't know how to follow this guide http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ow-to-fix-them

I think problem is the rebel setlemente silistra end the turn freezzzz... I play as kingdom of jerusalem every time roman empire besiege that setlement ai turn freez its happened twice solution so far remove roman army to anotherlocation...

Quote Originally Posted by Akhenaten View Post
    Try moving the sieging army, that usually solves it.
    Could write how you did it, I've got the same problem !

Does my game have to be installed outside Program Files?