Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: [BC 2.4.2] : Standalone Patched Version - [Preview + Download] RELEASED!

Default Re: BROKEN CRESCENT 2.4 !RELEASE! - !PREVIEW! AND !DOWNLOAD!

Been playing as the Kara- Khitai and I love this mod, been a long time coming and you guys have put a lot of work in this mod. Great Work guys

When will release the 2.5 update?

I think that castle grow should be reduced. There are way too many citadels too fast in my opinion.
    And it would be great if something could be done with army stacks spam at late game.

Hell guys,

I uploaded the mod on your ModDB profile, I hope you don't mind but, since they provide a fast and long-term mirror, I thought it might be a good idea. Plus it gives the mod a better audience, since ModDB is highly frequented.

Link is here: http://www.moddb.com/mods/broken-cre...n-crescent-v24.

Great work on this 2.4 release.

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam
    ~ Patronized by Gaius Baltar, son of the Great Family of imb39, of the House of Garbarsardar, of the Noble House of Wilpuri.

Loving the Mod. Great map, very stable, varied, no spamming. Enjoying playing as Vladimiir Sudzal (by the way, think that should be Vladimir Suzdal) on VH/VH, no exploits. So far haven't made it past turn 80 - love a challenge! Congrats to all who have contributed to make this great game.

KPashaCali's Avatar Foederatus

Liking the mod, new factions. Im currently playing as Yemen and it is challenging but I am willing to take the risks.
    My Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198063139377
    My Favourite Europa Barbarorum Factions:

tomySVK's Avatar Campidoctor

New version since December 2015? How did I miss this?

I hope I will try BC 2.4 soon. Thanks for your hard work!

Dear Byzantineboy and every other developer of BC 2.4!

Guys, BC has been by far my favourite mod of MTW2 for years - so much that I've even started to make my own modifications to BC 2.3 for my own pleasure - even without any previous programming experience. I've realized that I can make a lot of changes, but there's been a few things that I couldn't cope with. BC 2.4 addresses a lot of the stuff that was going through my mind saving a lot of work for me so I really appreciate that!

However one issue that I don't know the solution for but would very much want to include in this mod is the 4 turns-per-year system.
    So far I've tried two methods but neither resulted in the desired change.
    One is GrnEyedDvl's (http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...h+proper+aging) the other alpaca's (http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...a#4tpy_example). I've followed their instructions meticulously but in both cases although the year change happend after 4 turns seasons still changed every other turn causing characters to age twice as fast as they should have.

So my question would be to You or to anyone who happens to be in the possession of the knowledge I'm looking for:
    Is it possible to implement a 4-turns-per-year system and if so, how?

Thanks, in advance
    higgadt

jurcek1987's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I can help you with that, I've integrated GrnEyedDvl's to my mod. But this isn't the topic to discuss this, please pm me for further information

Vardan the Great's Avatar Campidoctor

Guys I have an error. "Windows can't find kingdoms.exe" I have MedII and Kingdoms DLC in steam. what is the problem?
    "An unexpected death is a death, an intended death - immortality"
    (c) Vardan Sparapet, before the Battle of Avarayr

Can someone tell me why Oman is able to build sunni mosques?

wudang_clown's Avatar Fire Is Inspirational

Quote Originally Posted by Vardan the Great View Post
    Guys I have an error. "Windows can't find kingdoms.exe" I have MedII and Kingdoms DLC in steam. what is the problem?
    Solutions for this problem are described here:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post14850221

Under the patronage of m_1512

Good to see that this mod is still alive and kicking. Learned about 2.4 v today, downloaded it ASAP and now installing while am writing this lines to you. Will give feedback.

BesoC's Avatar Libertus

I know that our hero, ByzantineBoy, got married and he also has many other things to do, but.... any ETA of the update? Can't wait to play but the mongols are ruining everything...

Tiro

Great mod, in my opinion the best mod i have ever played, but i won't play it anymore. Why? maybe because of some bugs? no.

I won't play it for 3 main reasons. The first one is less important for me.

1)The game is super unbalanced.
    2)New formations are horrible and in settlements they are pain in the ass. I do like the idea that medieval formations weren't as perfect as Roman but why they are in loose formation?
    3)75 men units. Who thought that it would be good idea to make super over powered infantry with few men? And also somebody even forgot to buff unit stats after reducing the size(Monaspa infantry of Georgia).

These are the reasons why i hate the mod which i loved more than anything in Total War games, and i can argue that many others are like me. My advice to anybody will be to play BC 1.05 and not 2.4 which has many advantages but is spoiled with some "new unique features".

I have a dream that one day somebody will make a new patch or submod which will bring back the balance of BC 1.05 in 2.4.

Levan 2- exactly. i love those formations in open field but loosing nerves in siege battles. pathfinding is almost worst i ever seen. there are invisible buildings and with those unit quantity cities seems to be even smaller and more tight
    1-balance is questionable. battles are finished quicklier than they started. i like mods where missile units are strong and here they are.only what i dont like is elephant resistance against missiles. and the way how archers shoot. they should shoot in closer range directly not balisticly.

3-some balance of units and upkeep have done Prince of Judah in submod thread
    4- additionaly for me personaly- aor is gamebreaking and should be conditional on some aditional building or faith or whatever, but not like this.

BesoC's Avatar Libertus

Let's wait the patch from Byzantineboy. Hopefuly these issues will be fixed as well as Mongols scourge

and also would be nice add to every factions priests- make conquering for budhists and hinduists easier.but its only personal wish. i know those india and oriental monks didnt spred faith in same way like imams or priests.

edit: as i try new factions more and more i cant believe they released it in this form . zenghids starting with generals having even - loyalty points. i believe that only what keeping me playint that are beautifull units and some magic of this eastern campaign. in my opinion this patch will take much more longer since there is many things to repare.
    Last edited by Maroslav; April 05, 2016 at 01:35 PM.

Hi guys, anyway I can play this with mac version of mtw2 ?
    best.

wudang_clown's Avatar Fire Is Inspirational

Yes, most likely. The mod doesn't depend on OS, but the game does. So, I assume that if you have M2TW already installed on OSX, then you should be able to install and play BC as well.

Under the patronage of m_1512