Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: [BC 2.4.2] : Standalone Patched Version - [Preview + Download] RELEASED!

Default Re: BROKEN CRESCENT 2.4 !RELEASE! - !PREVIEW! AND !DOWNLOAD!

@Jurcek1987 I have to agree on that with you. It would be definetly lot of work, and great sacrificing of eastern part. So lets forget that option.

However there is another option, less sacrificing. If map is enlarged a little to south, there could be represented Kingdom of Ethiopia...

Other factions that could be put in already presented map are Malikate of Mazandaran, Kingdom of Alania, Salghurids (Atabeg of Fars). Also, there could be ripped terriotories of Kingdom of Jerusalim, to create Principality of Antioch.

Can someone of Broken Crescent team comment my suggestion, is there any possibility this could be done?
    Last edited by achilles-91; February 06, 2016 at 05:08 PM.

Irakli_1987's Avatar Libertus

Hey guys does it work on the Steam products? ive unzipped it and when i click the launch it tells me to insert a CD/DVD ..... whats wrong with that? its been years that i want to play BC but something is wrong i can never launch that...
    The Kingdom Of Georgia

It could be done. The next map (3.0) is 85% done, but still need work.

I might strongly slow down my modding engagement after the next patch, so it will need some new people engaged in the team.

This is realy great news. I am willing to help. I can send you units that i gathered thgroughout years from many mods if you want me?
    Also, i found this map on internet, so is this how 3.0 will look like? http://i39.tinypic.com/6nukqo.png
    Or it will have different regions, but this size of map?
    Will starting year still be 1174?

Battlefield's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by achilles-91 View Post
    Can someone of Broken Crescent team comment my suggestion, is there any possibility this could be done?
    in my opinion, I think the current map is a bit too extended to the north. I would rather extend the map a bit to the west to include greece and then another balkan faction and more regions and cities in the area of persia and outremer. Most of the factions that you suggested, like the Principality of Antioch, would be great factions to add to the campaign.
    Rome Total War mods
    INVASIO BARBARORVM | Roma Surrectum | Rome Total Realism
    Medieval 2 Total War mods
    Stainless Steel | Europa Barbarorum II | Broken Crescent

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
    "Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

i wanted to tell you that because of this mod I dont even bother with rome total war 2 or total war attila. please finish this. it is an amazing mod. good luck man i ALWAYS enjoy drinking and playing this mod. Im playing as the eastern roman empire and the Latin merchant being dominant and had to be fought over with the cousin then civil war really got me after my emperor died.But please finish this mod it is one of the Best. thank you for this and ESPECIALLY the whole group. Love It

There is always going to have to be some compromise with the map. As it is right now, the ERE is a little too strong compared to its historical abilities, as its location does not account for all the threats the Empire faced on its western borders from some fairly strong Catholic neighbors. On top of that, there is no successful Bulgarian uprising, and the 4th Crusade is quite weak.

However, the purpose of BC as I have understood the mod was to present a unique setting, different to that of the vanilla game and most other mods, centered on Europe. While the Crusades and the struggle in Anatolia is still part of the mod, it is not its sole emphasis.

Also, keep in mind that if you stretch the map West, you would have to include a Norman and potentially a Hungarian faction challenging the ERE in the Balkans. You would then be tempted to include Venice, who at the time was starting its rise to a major power in the Levant, and while at it, why not the Papacy as well. Now however, you cannot represent those accurately, without including Genoa, the Almohads, and then the Iberian Catholic kingdoms. Then of course, you will also need France, Burgundy, the HRE, England and ..., I think you get the point.

That being said, perhaps some minor reworks should be in order to make the ERE a little harder. Maybe there should be a rebel stack or two spawning by Silistra in 1185, and the fourth crusade should probably get more stacks and an actual Latin Empire faction, just to give it some real teeth (I understand taking a faction slow for an unplayable faction is less than ideal). An ERE shadow faction may also be an interesting solution (kind of like the Baron's Alliance) to represent the significant internal problems the Empire faced and to prevent the ERE from rolling over Armenia and all of Syria in the first 50 turns of the game.
    Last edited by Kavhan Isbul; February 08, 2016 at 06:29 PM.

How about having slightly different version of the map? As in if you intend to play in Levant you play the version with more regions there (BC ver before 2.4 had Jaffa for example) or if you would prefer Iran or India more accent there.

TheBromgrev's Avatar Ducenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Irakli_1987 View Post
    Hey guys does it work on the Steam products? ive unzipped it and when i click the launch it tells me to insert a CD/DVD ..... whats wrong with that? its been years that i want to play BC but something is wrong i can never launch that...
    One way to do it is to trick the launcher into thinking this mod is one of the 4 vanilla Kingdoms scenarios. For example, you can take your "mods/crusades" folder, rename it "crusades_backup" and make a new folder named "crusades". Install BC as per the instructions, then copy everything into the empty "crusades" folder you made. Start up the game, pick the crusades scenario, and BC should load up instead.

I did that with both Third Age and Stainless Steel and it works just fine. Just have to remember which scenario is which mod.
    Non-TW AAR: Kantai Kessen - Empire of Japan [HOI3 with HPP mod] - last updated April 16, 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Irakli_1987 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by axr1989 View Post
    Thanks for this wonderful update. One question: (How) does it work on steam version?
    Please, refer to this thread regarding technical issues
    Please, be more precise when describing the problem you encounter
    Please, check this thread for a most common steam issue

Hello and Greetings from Greece. I don't know if you noticed but the region borders don't exactly fit on the map... I do not know the reason. Secondly, there are two religions that are not followed by any factions, Manichaeism and Judaism. So they are doomed to die as the game passes. Could you perhaps add a Jewish faction? Possibly Khazars? as for Manichaeism some faction in Persia perhaps. What about adding Zoroastrianism that also had lots of followers at that time? You could also add perhaps the Pontian Empire of Trebizond...

Hello again

Copperknickers II's Avatar quaeri, si sapis
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Smith1991 View Post
    Hello and Greetings from Greece. I don't know if you noticed but the region borders don't exactly fit on the map... I do not know the reason. Secondly, there are two religions that are not followed by any factions, Manichaeism and Judaism. So they are doomed to die as the game passes. Could you perhaps add a Jewish faction? Possibly Khazars? as for Manichaeism some faction in Persia perhaps. What about adding Zoroastrianism that also had lots of followers at that time? You could also add perhaps the Pontian Empire of Trebizond...

Hello again
    The Khazars did not exist in 1171, their empire collapsed after repeated attacks from their neighbours in the 10th century.
    A new mobile phone tower went up in a town in the USA, and the local newspaper asked a number of people what they thought of it. Some said they noticed their cellphone reception was better. Some said they noticed the tower was affecting their health.

A local administrator was asked to comment. He nodded sagely, and said simply: "Wow. And think about how much more pronounced these effects will be once the tower is actually operational."

TheBromgrev's Avatar Ducenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Smith1991 View Post
    Hello and Greetings from Greece. I don't know if you noticed but the region borders don't exactly fit on the map... I do not know the reason.
    IIRC, the map is "tilted" to get the southern Arabian peninsula to fit. North on the game map isn't really north; it's more like North-East.

For factions, I believe there is a hard-coded limit in the game, so the mod developers had to pick and choose who to include based on their vision for the mod.
    Non-TW AAR: Kantai Kessen - Empire of Japan [HOI3 with HPP mod] - last updated April 16, 2013

KPashaCali's Avatar Foederatus

Im liking the new Gulf Arab states so far, have been playing as Yemen and it is a challenge but I like it

Hetman Khmelnytsky's Avatar Senator

I haven't did beta testing since I got busy stuff, so how is the final version different?

That link not work, please replace them

Quote Originally Posted by achilles-91 View Post
    @Jurcek1987 I have to agree on that with you. It would be definetly lot of work, and great sacrificing of eastern part. So lets forget that option.

However there is another option, less sacrificing. If map is enlarged a little to south, there could be represented Kingdom of Ethiopia...

Other factions that could be put in already presented map are Malikate of Mazandaran, Kingdom of Alania, Salghurids (Atabeg of Fars). Also, there could be ripped terriotories of Kingdom of Jerusalim, to create Principality of Antioch.

I

I'd love to see Antioch in the game but would they not be pretty much a clone of KOJ?
    Would you have thm start with just the city of Antioch? Could make for a fun, challenging campaign though...

Quote Originally Posted by Hetman Khmelnytsky View Post
    I haven't did beta testing since I got busy stuff, so how is the final version different?
    As we don't have any "team" at all and BB is working alone on fixes (so not all of them are even listed), i could only say that since closed beta testing of 2.4 according to my buglist more than 200 fixes were made.
    + BB is adding models and some renovations on every stage. So the game has huge improvements since release.
    Yemen is fully reworked from a scratch, really.
    My initial review was:
    Faction: The Imamate of Yemen
    Playability (ouf of 5): 2
    Description: Low pool of units, issue with governor titles and availability to recruit every infantry unit at start makes a game too boring and incompete

Now Yemen has dozens of uniques units in army roaster and is really fun and refreshing experience. The Yemen AI is very powerful, last time they got Aden at turn 8 and actully were controlling the whole "original" region by turn 10 with a 5th place in a global chart

I really love the new BC, especially the Kara Khitai! Thank you very much for your effort! I still have a question: I always found the northern part of the map quite boring, with only Kypchaks there. Now, with two new factions, there could be a much more dynamic game in this part. Do you plan on making the two new factions fully playable? That would be great! I know how to unlock them, but i think they would need a bit of finishing touch to make them enjoyable. I'm sure there are other mods you could take the units from to improve their rosters a bit.

Just my opinion:

1. This is the best mod ever created for this game.
    2. Mongols are too powerful. I think that it was wrong to set that upkeep to their units are 0. That should be changed.
    3. I have noticed that janisary or azaps trops were removed from seljuks of rum (propably because they didnt exist in that period). But I would like to see them back because that faction is too boring without them.
    4. Abbasid units look is too bad. I mean on low quality models and textures.
    5. Is there any posibility to expand map for a small amount on Balkan and add Serbia? There are fantastic models from Tzardom mod that can be used for that faction if that is possible.