Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: [BC 2.4.2] : Standalone Patched Version - [Preview + Download] RELEASED!

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Default Re: [BC 2.4.2] : Standalone Patched Version - [Preview + Download] RELEASED!

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    Bizantineboy, what are the plans of the BC team concerning the Buff and Shine submod? Are you goint to integrate it in the mod?

After having played it I think it's absolutely indispensable. It simply doesn't make any sense to play without. I thinkg BC3.0 = BC 2.4.2 + B&S 2.0
    I'd like to come back to this plea: as the devs of the mod seem to stop developing it, and there's another modder who furthers the mod enormously, making it better and richer while keeping the spirit of the mod, I think his changes should be labelled as a new version of the mod. For the moment many players think Broken Crescent is dead as there's indeed no life in the main front page. The players don't get deeper into the submod thread and they don't discover that Buff&Shine is actually a very new version and the Broken Crescent is still alive and kicking.
    Just include Weekend General in the dev team and change the name: BC3.0 = BC 2.4.2 + B&S 2.0.
    Mod leader of the SSHIP: traits, ancillaries, scripts, buildings, geography, economy.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    If you want to play a historical mod in the medieval setting the best are:
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project and Broken Crescent.
    Recently, Tsardoms and TGC look also very good. Read my opinions on the other mods here.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    Reviews of the mods (all made in 2018): SSHIP, Wrath of the Norsemen, Broken Crescent.
    Follow home rules for playing a game without exploiting the M2TW engine deficiencies.
    Hints for Medieval 2 moders: forts, merchants, AT-NGB bug, trade fleets.
    Thrones of Britannia: review, opinion on the battles, ideas for modding. Shieldwall is promising!
    Dominant strategy in Rome2, Attila, ToB and Troy: “Sniping groups of armies”. Still there, alas!

isa0005's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: [BC 2.4.2] : Standalone Patched Version - [Preview + Download] RELEASED!

Quote Originally Posted by Khevsur View Post
    in Georgian campaign where is Kartlian Spearmen and Metsikhovne spearmen ? This is chaos . Units are in inappropriate places .

Georgian Aznauri Horse archer In Baku? lol

you think Georgian aznauri cavalry and aznauri horse acher is peasants?

this is bad version bc
    I'd like to see you do it better buddy...
    Last edited by isa0005; April 25, 2018 at 12:17 PM.

Libertus

I have the Steam version with Kingdoms. How do I check which patch it has? Will it only work as designed with a 1.5 patch?

i've got a Steam version and it works.

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    I'd like to come back to this plea: as the devs of the mod seem to stop developing it, and there's another modder who furthers the mod enormously, making it better and richer while keeping the spirit of the mod, I think his changes should be labelled as a new version of the mod. For the moment many players think Broken Crescent is dead as there's indeed no life in the main front page. The players don't get deeper into the submod thread and they don't discover that Buff&Shine is actually a very new version and the Broken Crescent is still alive and kicking.
    Just include Weekend General in the dev team and change the name: BC3.0 = BC 2.4.2 + B&S 2.0.
    You cannot know otherwise, but the secret BC Dev forum is still in movement.
    I have seen what WG has done, it is a very good work.
    If we plan a coming 2.5, it would surely based on Buff and Shine, and also on Dolen units improvements.

Quote Originally Posted by Byzantineboy View Post
    If we plan a coming 2.5, it would surely based on Buff and Shine, and also on Dolen units improvements.
    That's a very good news. Keep it up, but otherwise pass the button to somebody else. There are so many good mods that died out just because the creators couldn't ensure that the next generation of modders keeps on developing the mod or just fixing the errors (eg DLV or Sicilian Vespers).

Libertus

I'm really confused, you got two different links and what I uploaded has no installer which one is which download and please help me out.

I don't see much that is wrong with DLV 6 or with Sicilian Vespers. The mods have not died, there is just no more modding work on them because they are good enough. I still play them. Mods that have died are mods like All Under Heaven or East of Rome or The Great Conflicts that became lost in a developing limbo.

Quote Originally Posted by Three63 View Post
    I'm really confused, you got two different links and what I uploaded has no installer which one is which download and please help me out.
    The instructions seem clear enough? I don't know the mod but if it doesn't have a installer, you put it directly in your mods folder, which is as simple.

Install steps:

1. Download the .Zip -> Here
    2. Unzip it into your M2TW/mods folder in order to have (MTW2/mods/Broken_Crescent_kingdoms2.4/data)
    3. Go into MTW2/mods/Broken_Crescent_kingdoms2.4 and launch the bc_launch.bat file
    If Steam is different, I can't say, I don't have it.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoffrey of Villehardouin View Post
    I don't see much that is wrong with DLV 6 or with Sicilian Vespers. The mods have not died, there is just no more modding work on them because they are good enough. I still play them. Mods that have died are mods like All Under Heaven or East of Rome or The Great Conflicts that became lost in a developing limbo.
    I didn't mean the unfinished mods as EoR or TGC. There're of course plenty of them but they were simply unfinished.
    I really meant DLV and SV (or SS-BftB, or SS-BGR). I've recently (in the summer) played a couple of DLV games and it feels really outdated even with the latest submod (which changed many things in the right direction). I've had a look a the SV and the units or the map looks outdated. Besides, the community is discovering what works and what doesn't (like here) and these mods should be updated as well. I don't mean the accents of the Greek speech but much, much more basic features.
    So I think it's sad there're no moders who would continue to work of the old guys.

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Quote Originally Posted by Geoffrey of Villehardouin View Post
    The Great Conflicts lost in a developing limbo? Why haven't I nottified about it?
    Seriously now. Delayed mods or unfinished ones have too many parameters. _Tartaros_ have reached TGC in data 0.89 patch 2 and two more factions are about to be revealed in the new year (Great Moravia and Serbia).
    Many mods completed or put their solid bases in the Golden Era of M2TW modding 8 years ago. Now we are living in an other TW game modding golden era.
    Many mods are great from many prospectives. But some of them discouraged further modding by the way they were developed. Luckily BC is not one of them because it covers an era and area that other mods simply do not.
    Personaly i prefer solid (even delayed) mod patches with limited submods in the "fealing" of the basic mod than a mod with thousands submods that actually lose the basic mod's essence (like TATW that anyone does what he wants and transformed the basic mod to a labyrith of submods with no standard quality ).
    Quote Originally Posted by Byzantineboy View Post
    I hope not with Dolen's horses though. If the "new" BC will need some realy good horses i could provide some basic MARKA horses placeholders that with difrent textures of cloths and armors could fit in BC's units (see my MARKA horse tutorial in my sig).
    Last edited by AnthoniusII; December 17, 2017 at 07:41 AM.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Libertus

Is there any mod I can combine this with to have more historical based, realistic long battles, rather then vanilla type battles? Can someone help me out? Great mod btw, so many units! Great map, great theme. I like it better then Rome 2 on it's own merit.

Libertus

Also I played a part of a campaign game, and I wanted to ask this. Are there any scripted events in Broken Crescent based on what's going on? For example, if I take Jerusalem as Saladin do I get a special message, or if I conquer as a Mongol nation a huge empire I'll get a special title for my faction leader or a message or whatever?

Getting the "cannot find kingdoms.exe" error. I assume the bat isn't correctly directing, because the exe is where it should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Napoli View Post
    Getting the "cannot find kingdoms.exe" error. I assume the bat isn't correctly directing, because the exe is where it should be.
    Sometimes you need to check if it's not "read only" and sometimes running in the administrator's mode helps.

I made a habit of always running as admin these days, but I did tick off the "read only" box, but it still didn't work.
    I was still able to get the mod to run anyway by just naming the BC folder "americas" and running that from the launcher, so it isn't a big priority to fix anymore, except that such a method is not as efficient.

If you have the steam version this is a common problem for all mtw2 mods. Arguably the easiest way of addressing this is make a copy of mtw2.exe in the mtw2 folder and rename the copy kingdoms.exe. Now all mods will run correctly when you rum their respective .bat files.

It is not a Steam version however. Does the mod need the kingdoms.exe to have the same target as mtw2 or something? I already have a kingdoms.exe as is.

Ducenarius

I have same problem as Napoli and had to use same work around (thanks for the idea!), used Crusades folder though. Is Steam version so I had no kingdoms.exe. Not sure if referenced mtw2.exe a few posts up for fix ideas as short for 'medieval2.exe' or not because the latter is what mine is named.

Have checked that medieval2.exe is not read-only, have tried to run BC launch bat as admin, have copied medieval2.exe and renamed kingdoms.exe and left in same place, then tried putting a copy of it about everywhere else as well. Only thing that works is simply renaming Broken_crescent folder to an original Kingdoms mod folder name and launching that mod (in my case Crusades) through Steam. This makes BC mod work, and it's of course an incredible work of art! Much obliged to entire team for such a great game!

im getting an error when trying to extract files.

Compressed(zipped) folders was unable to create the specified directory. ensure that the directory does not already exist and that the path entered is valid.

the file does not already exist and file path is correct as far as the instructions go,
    C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\Broken_Crescent_kingdoms2.4

went to the origin folders of my MTW2 (installed on disc) into mods, and moved the unzipped file there.

any one know how to fix this????