Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: [BC 2.4.2] : Standalone Patched Version - [Preview + Download] RELEASED!

Antiokhos Euergetes's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: [BC 2.4.2] : Standalone Patched Version - [Preview + Download] RELEASED!

At the risk of the question being repeated. What is the easiest way to run BC with Steam? No complications with any luck. EBII is just a case of installing as normal and away you go? Please

Default Re: [BC 2.4.2] : Standalone Patched Version - [Preview + Download] RELEASED!

Guys does anyone have Broken Crescent VERSION 2.02 With the janissary units & great seljuks, I actually enjoyed that version a lot.
    However al the links on the twcenter are dead for that version including the torrent file. Much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Basileos Antiokhos Euergetes View Post
    At the risk of the question being repeated. What is the easiest way to run BC with Steam? No complications with any luck. EBII is just a case of installing as normal and away you go? Please
    Bit late, but make a copy of the "medieval2.exe" in the game folder and just rename it "kingdoms.exe".

Should work, otherwise change the .bat file to look for "medieval2.exe" instead of kingdoms.
    PM; me if you need more help.

Julio85's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by Byzantineboy View Post
    You cannot know otherwise, but the secret BC Dev forum is still in movement.
    I have seen what WG has done, it is a very good work.
    If we plan a coming 2.5, it would surely based on Buff and Shine, and also on Dolen units improvements.
    that's fantastic, in a while I am going to propose again a Broken Crescent Hot Seat to my friends.

on Buff and Shine, even if the new system of sieging with general we will not use....since the only problem that the base mod has is that generals that become governaors lose too loyalty and became ineffective in going around

jermagon's Avatar Domesticus

I downloaded it but why the jizya, Kafirs & Dhimmis submod isnt included ?

Is this mod still being worked on at all?

Quote Originally Posted by jermagon View Post
    I downloaded it but why the jizya, Kafirs & Dhimmis submod isnt included ?
    I think it's because the submod is not compatible with the newest version of the mod.

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by The Turk View Post
    Is this mod still being worked on at all?
    I think that only Buff & Shine submod is being still worked on - and, for me, this is a true heir to the BC.
    Mod leader of the SSHIP: traits, ancillaries, scripts, buildings, geography, economy.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    If you want to play a historical mod in the medieval setting the best are:
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project and Broken Crescent.
    Recently, Tsardoms and TGC look also very good. Read my opinions on the other mods here.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    Reviews of the mods (all made in 2018): SSHIP, Wrath of the Norsemen, Broken Crescent.
    Follow home rules for playing a game without exploiting the M2TW engine deficiencies.
    Hints for Medieval 2 moders: forts, merchants, AT-NGB bug, trade fleets.
    Thrones of Britannia: review, opinion on the battles, ideas for modding. Shieldwall is promising!
    Dominant strategy in Rome2, Attila, ToB and Troy: “Sniping groups of armies”. Still there, alas!

I followed the installation instructions and it says that
    windows can't find " kingdoms.exe " make sure you typed the name correctly and then try again

How to deal with that plz ???

afair: you might have only "medieval2.exe" in the folder. Just copy the file and rename "kingdoms.exe".
    another issue might be "read-only" attribute - the best is to un-tick this attribute for the whole folder.

I did that but nothing happened

Might be something with the folder. I've got my Med2 in the secondary partition of my hard drive (as all other Steam apps). Later, there might be a wrong path in the Steam (I don't start with Steam but with a shortcut), or there might be a wrong path in the .cfg file in the BC folder - but first you need to start your Medieval base game.

Roger II's Avatar Civis

Is anybody out there still working on 2.4.2?

PrinceofPersia's Avatar Tiro

IS there a steam version?

Khevsur's Avatar Senator

Historically accurate Georgian army Is it available?
    The old is a very big mistake
    We are working here

https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...nfo-and-units)

Hello! I like this mod a lot! I didn't like MTW2 much but after playing your mod, I changed my mind. Thank you so much. Best of luck!

I cannot get it running on the gold steam version, it just crashes. I copy the M2 exe and name it kingdoms but then the BC .bat just launches vanilla M2. I also tried renaming it to 'americas' but that did not work either. Can someone tell me how to get it running... I have win10

I have a problem with AI reinforcement. I will appreciate if you help me.
    When I attend with two armies a battle (selecting computer option for my reinforcement on the prebattle screen) I can command my AI reinforcement where they'll go or stand. I click the AI support forces icon at the top right in the beginning the war and select anywhere on the battlefield, then the army goes to the point.
    I mean limited control over the AI, not entirely control.
    But in this mod , I can't do this, an x icon appears where I point it: https://eksiup.com/p/fj369112idka

How can i solve this problem?

Greatly enjoyed BC several years ago: especially playing Georgia, and the Crusader States.

Just bought and d/l'd the Steam M2TW Definitive Edition, which is quite stable. Have been able to run Stainless Steel mod--which runs foldered off of its own desktop shortcut.
    Any way of playing BC 242 with the Definitive Edition?

one of the best mods for mtw2