Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Skynet AI

bitterhowl's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Skynet AI

Thanks for attention! I can say that in my tests without any scripted AI only with .xml settings cavalry attacked from flank with deep manuever, then they attacked missile units first (as prescribed in unit-priority lines). So I can say that only .xml editing could make excellent results, as in Darth Vader's era of BAI modding.

I asked you about meaning of new code added because there are values also (somewhere 1-3 and in other cases 7500) so for changing it for my purposes (if that needed at all) I have to know exactly what I can expect from those changes. I can get this knowlege by testing in battle with changing values one-by-one but it needs huge amount of time, that's why I wrote here.

I can't imagine this line possible effects -
    <unit-suitability>

How do you think it works? (If you don't want to "reveal magic" - just say and I'll stop asking :-) )

My sister, do you still recall the blue Hasan and Khalkhin-Gol?
    Russian warship is winning. Proofs needed? Go find yourself!

z3n's Avatar State of Mind
    Moderator Emeritus

That one was a guess that I could use the unit suitability to get the exe to parse that and then understand what units were suitable for what it was thinking of doing.

The devs described it as

unit suitability values (priorities made higher than sneak tactic so we get the units first)

It seems to apply more for the assault and sneak phase than anything but I figured I would give it a try just because why not
    The AI Workshop Creator
    Europa Barbaroum II AI/Game Mechanics Developer
    The Northern Crusades Lead Developer
    Classical Age Total War Retired Lead Developer
    Rome: Total Realism Animation Developer
    RTW Workshop Assistance MTW2 AI Tutorial & Assistance
    Broken Crescent Submod (M2TW)/IB VGR Submod (BI)/Animation (RTW/BI/ALX)/TATW PCP Submod (M2TW)/TATW DaC Submod (M2TW)/DeI Submod (TWR2)/SS6.4 Northern European UI Mod (M2TW)

Hello z3n, are we allowed to use your Skynet AI in the Calradia TW mod?

Moderator Emeritus

Yeah, sure. Good luck with your mod!
    The AI Workshop Creator
    Broken Crescent Submod (M2TW)/IB VGR Submod (BI)/Animation (RTW/BI/ALX)/TATW PCP Submod (M2TW)/TATW DaC Submod (M2TW)/DeI Submod (TWR2)/SS6.4 Northern European UI Mod (M2TW)

Thanks! We'll make sure to credit you for it

Reiksfart's Avatar Senator

Hello.

I'm giving this A.I mod a tryout for my WIP submod in place of a heavily modified ReallyBadAI. So far so good, I like it. I've been modifying this to suit in the same vein as I did with the RBAI, but there is one huge change this A.I mod has introduced that I, so far, can't figure out how to revert. Cavalry charges are now extreme and wipe out units with a single well formed charge. While that might be realistic to a certain degree, this isn't what I was going for in my submod of a fantasy mod based on a tabletop games rules. Before the A.I switch I had charges exactly as I wanted them. Front rows might be mowed down from the initial charge, followed by being bogged down in a combat that could swing either way depending on opponent.

Any tips of which part I should be looking at? Appreciate your huge amount of work on this A.I. It will take me a while to figure out exactly what all the changes really do, but thank you.

Moderator Emeritus

Try replacing the battle config file.

The only part thats really important in there is the skirmishing section (skirmish distance), that I changed.
    The AI Workshop Creator

bitterhowl's Avatar Campidoctor

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...e-Optimisation

This method is very advisable for skirmish improvement.

As for cavalry damage maybe this additional lines of battle_config may have effect

Code:
    <melee-hit-rate>1.85
          <melee-infantry>1.75</melee-infantry>
          <cavalry>2.5</cavalry>
          <elephants>10.0</elephants>
        <cavalry-vs-phalanx>0.00001</cavalry-vs-phalanx>
        <cavalry-vs-spearmen>0.5</cavalry-vs-spearmen>
        <cavalry-vs-melee-infantry>4.5</cavalry-vs-melee-infantry>
        <melee-infantry-vs-spearmen>3.5</melee-infantry-vs-spearmen>
              <shield_wall>3.5</shield_wall>
              <schiltrom>3.5</schiltrom>
             </melee-hit-rate>
    Play with numbers, the higher value probably means higher damage of specified unit category.
    Last edited by bitterhowl; April 20, 2019 at 12:53 PM.

My sister, do you still recall the blue Hasan and Khalkhin-Gol?
    Russian warship is winning. Proofs needed? Go find yourself!

Moderator Emeritus

That's a really interesting article, thanks for sharing.
    The AI Workshop Creator

implemented the AI fully (except custom battles) in a modded SS6.4 and so far greatly impressed with the campaign AI

the battle one however is crashing constantly, generally a few secs or mins after unit clash

i've deleted all previous ai stuff from campaign script and followed all steps in the readme file to the letter, made slight adjustments in battle config to melee hit rate and a few other values underneath it, didnt even scroll down at all to look what else is there

battle_config campaign_script and sytem.log http://www.mediafire.com/folder/9530...8oqos0l/shared

Moderator Emeritus

I believe SS has battle scripts by default, so they may be interfering with each other.

My battle script within the campaign script isn't mandatory. It is just for encouraging more aggressive behavior when under archer fire while the AI is in a defensive battle.
    The AI Workshop Creator

the ally declare war on your enemies thing is funny, playing with HRE i didnt even know about it when i allied with pope and then suddenly half of europe is excomunicated lol, strangely i couldnt declare crusade on any european target

very impressed with campaign AI, it seems to never miss an opportunity to attack a poorly defended settlement and when i bring a bigger army than his to defend the AI backs off and asks for peace

i more or less know but i gota ask just to be sure what files must i keep if i want just the campaign AI ? will see about fixing the battle AI later

oh and forgive my manners, i should have said in first post, thank you for your mod

Moderator Emeritus

Sorry for the slow response; but the files related to BAI are the battle scripts specifically. As long as you don't use that, everything else should be ok.
    The AI Workshop Creator

The Ai seems fantastic! Thanks a lot for making this. I just do have to ask, when you say all the ai labels should be set to default do you include the papacy, mongols and timurids? I haven't gotten to the mongols or timurids yet but the papacy is certainly a lot more aggressive than in the base game. Not inherently a problem, I would just like to know your opinion on this. Again, thanks for the great mod.

Moderator Emeritus

If you copy the code for papacy from the original descr_campaign_ai_db you can use it in the new one and label the description strategy ai_label for them accordingly. They might be too aggressive otherwise.
    The AI Workshop Creator

one last thing, how do i disable "allies declare war on your enemies" thing ? and is it possible to disable it just for certain factions ?

what i mean is that if i play wih HRE and Denmark and Papal States is allied to me i want ony Denmark to delcare war on my enemies, Papal sates should not, i feel like it's too easy to wage war againt european factions without papal restrictions like that

Moderator Emeritus

That is a little complex and would require tinkering directly with the AI decisions. If you're feeling adventurous you could do that to the allies decision.
    The AI Workshop Creator

how do i make soldiers climb ladders one soldier at a time ? i looked at your post explaining the battle_config but you did not specify which values exactly have to be changed and there's quite a few, after experimentation i improved things a bit but still no 1 soldier at a time

i got to the point where only 1 soldier runs to the ladder however i want only 1 soldier climbing it at any time, is that possible ?

Moderator Emeritus

You got as far as I did on that, so I don't think that is possible, but you could try.
    The AI Workshop Creator

another question, is your AI (both battle and campaign) affected by difficulty settings ? normal/hard etc

if so how much ?