Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Skynet AI

Default Re: Skynet AI

Quote Originally Posted by Vitore View Post
    The download links aren't working

Links are still down! Anybody able to inform z3n directly? I'm gonna send a PM just in case.

Not sure what's going on with the quick reply function, may end up double posting -

Links are still down, anybody able to inform z3n? I am going to send a PM just in case.

Dear author. Will BAI be further developed by you sometime? I noticed that in the logs after the battle there are just dozens of errors. As a perfectionist, I would like them not to exist, because often the log still complains on the merits and not just because he felt like it.
    for example:
    01:26:48.768 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <label_unit>, at line 73354, in mods/Bulat Steel TW 2.1.5/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    label_unit referenced non-existent unit

Error in battle script command 'release_unit': invalid unit label 'MAu18'.
    Anybody knows how to fix thiese errors?

But even now your BAI is almost better than Germanicus. Is it possible to hope that you will someday return to its completion?
    We would help with the tests and support you where possible. Sincerely, Leka.

bitterhowl's Avatar Campidoctor

It's because of non-selective label_unit operators in code, without checking if unit existing or not. Those log errors have no sense to performance.

My sister, do you still recall the blue Hasan and Khalkhin-Gol?
    Russian warship is winning. Proofs needed? Go find yourself!

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

The google drive links in the opening post are invalid, could we have fresh ones, please?

I've made a compilation of Skynet and G5 ReallyBadAI Hardcore by request of one user. If you're interested I can provide a link.

Bitterhowl, I would be interested to see it, how does it behave? Btw I found one thing very annoying about G5 is that AI starts attacking whenever there is a contact of some units. Many times ai abandons very good position, is it possible to somehow fix it? I mean in G5. Technically should be just restarting the taking position, as it does well in the beginning for example choosing a hill to set up the defence.
    Last edited by Macaras; May 31, 2023 at 05:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Macaras View Post
    Bitterhowl, I would be interested to see it, how does it behave? Btw I found one thing very annoying about G5 is that AI starts attacking whenever there is a contact of some units. Many times ai abandons very good position, is it possible to somehow fix it? I mean in G5. Technically should be just restarting the taking position, as it does well in the beginning for example choosing a hill to set up the defence.
    Fixed version

Spoiler for A picture created by neuronet by request "Skynet+Germanicus"

As for your question about G5 defending performance - I don't understand in details how works full version to fix such things manually, but I have to say I'm making my own BAI TrueGeneral Beta, I have some stuff to testing right now, you can PM me for details if you want to participate in testing.
    Last edited by bitterhowl; June 01, 2023 at 06:54 PM.

Hi, downloaded the new liquid steel AI but got errors.

18:55:32.100 [game.script] [error] Script parsing error at line 21, column 16 in mods/ROC LMA VIII/data/export_descr_advice.txt
    Couldn't open the script file scripts\show_me\background_script.txt

18:56:34.091 [game.script] [error] Script parsing error at line 54829, column 1 in mods/ROC LMA VIII/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    don't recognise this token: end_monitor
    18:56:34.091 [game.script] [error] Script parsing error at line 54834, column 1 in mods/ROC LMA VIII/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    Couldn't create a script from file mods/ROC LMA VIII/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt

first error I donīt know how to fix, second error is probably a missing end_if in the group labels section, line 633 of the add into campaign script file.

end_if
    set_counter FaW_and_S 1

if I_BattleIsSiegeBattle
    and ! I_BattlePlayerArmyIsAttacker
    and I_BattlePlayerArmyNumberOfAttribute stakes > 0
    set_counter stakes_lock 1
    end_if

end_monitor

somewhere here, just put an second end_ if above the end monitor and the error was gone but not sure if this 100% correct. Please fix.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks for testing!

First issue is simple - use file from folder Custom Battle Script. I forgot to delete show_me folder with G5Script2.txt, ignore it.

For the second issue add end_if here

end_if
    set_counter FaW_and_S 1

if I_BattleIsSiegeBattle
    and ! I_BattlePlayerArmyIsAttacker
    and I_BattlePlayerArmyNumberOfAttribute stakes > 0
    set_counter stakes_lock 1
    end_if
    end_if
    end_monitor

Fixed version
    Last edited by bitterhowl; June 01, 2023 at 06:52 PM.

Thanks,

I know now whats going wrong with the export_descr_advice file. The / in On_display scripts/show_me/background_script.txt are in the wrong direction so they are \ like in On_display scripts\show_me\background_script.txt your file. I remember this was an old error that I also fixed when first time implementing skynet AI into Roar of Conquest.

Found another bug, normally I have 8 decision events at the start of my campaign to adjust things. This wouldnīt work with the edited campaign_script, which isnīt good as this implements that the whole campaign_script wouldnīt work despite no obvious errors.

I put the end of the old skynet AI under the last line of your script and now it works. So I guess this is the correct solutions.

; *** DO NOT ADD BATTLE SCRIPT CODE BELOW THIS LINE!! ***
    while I_InBattle ; end of battle script
    end_while

wait_monitors

I think I have to reread ReallyBadAI code for campaign_script part because I'm sure I didn't seen while loop in it, it's necessary only in advisor script.

Also - advisor script works for campaign battles too, and it's preferable to use this method for optimization of campaign script, removing monitor_conditions from campaign_script into advisor script.

Therefore units labelling goes differently in advisor and campaign versions, so we should fix advisor script to be used in campaign.

So should I use the script from the background_script file in the campaign_script instead of the add_into_campaign_script file content, or what do you mean?

No, right now just use Skynet Readme way for Liquid Steel.

I can say tomorrow if while loop necessary in campaign script version. If I'm right neither original Skynet nor ReallyBadAI doesn't contain while loop in campaign script part.
    Last edited by bitterhowl; June 02, 2023 at 09:56 AM.

Well, I've checked both Skynet and G5 ReallyBadAI - no while loop in campaign script version of code. So probably your troubles in campaign script errors after implantation of Liquid Steel campaign script lying somewhere else.

I can look at your campaign script if you ll upload it.

Thanks,

I donīt know how to upload files here thatīs why I share it via Goggle.drive link https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GMQ...ew?usp=sharing , could also share full version, to make testing easier but this would take some time to upload.

I tested a bit more and I found that it worked without the

end_while

part but I need the

wait_monitors

entry at the very end of the campaign_script. Otherwise no events will show up at campaign start and the event_counters in the script will not be set.

Quote Originally Posted by mekkermann View Post
    I tested a bit more and I found that it worked without the

end_while

part but I need the

wait_monitors

entry at the very end of the campaign_script. Otherwise no events will show up at campaign start and the event_counters in the script will not be set.
    Yes, this is a requirement of campaign_script.

To be clear - add_into_campaign_script is an additional part to any campaign script, but it's not an accomplished alternative to campaign script, yoy just have to copypaste it into working campaign_script somewhere in the middle.

So, if it works - how does it going? Any CTD after reinforcement arriving?

Yes I know that this an additional part to the campaign script, not an campaign script of itself. I think itīs better to put the battle AI on the end of the campaign script not somewhere in the middle. I have no crashes when reinforcements arrive but canīt control the reinforcements army. Will return to skynet for now. I have restarted campaigns far to often in the last year because of changes in the campaign_script.