Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Skynet AI

z3n's Avatar State of Mind
    took an arrow to the knee

Default Re: Skynet AI

My only other thought was that you recently added that file name as I downloaded the zip file 2 weeks back?

Yes there's a new update as of 4 days ago. Let me know how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Just let me post View Post
    I appreciate it so much! And not only me, we @SSHIP are excited to utilize your CAI
    To add to my previous feedback: I've noticed there is no want_be_protect attitude, is that intended?

And speaking of SSHIP:
    I've just adjusted the AI to Middle Ages setting (as Skynet has only 1 label - everyone behaves the same - works great with mods like EBII or DaC)
    so I added said vassalage condition, required AI labels, made interreligious alliances less likely, and catholic factions obey pope.
    https://www.mediafire.com/file/aihsp..._JLMP.zip/file

May ask you be so kind and check if they are placed correctly?

at the end of defend decisions
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

<!-- ====== IF WE SUCK, WANT PROTECTORATE ====== ++ -->
    <decision_entry>
    <min_entry stance="AtWar" is_neighbour="true" military_balance="0.0001" num_settlements="1"/>
    <max_entry stance="AtWar" is_neighbour="true" military_balance="0.4" num_settlements="2"/>
    <faction_attitude want_peace="true" want_be_protect="true" pts_alliance="1" continue="true"/>
    </decision_entry>
    <!-- ============================================== -->

<!-- ========= CATHOLIC SPECIFIC ========= ++ -->
    <decision_entry>
    <min_entry target_religion="islam"/>
    <max_entry target_religion="islam"/>
    <faction_attitude pts_alliance="-2"/>
    </decision_entry>

<decision_entry>
    <min_entry target_religion="pagan"/>
    <max_entry target_religion="pagan"/>
    <faction_attitude pts_alliance="-2"/>
    </decision_entry>

<decision_entry>
    <min_entry target_religion="orthodox"/>
    <max_entry target_religion="orthodox"/>
    <faction_attitude pts_alliance="-1"/>
    </decision_entry>
    <!-- ===================================== ++ -->

<!--
    Absolute Defend Decisions
    -->
    <decision_entry>
    <!--
    stance = allied * defend minimal
    -->
    <min_entry stance = "Allied"/>
    <max_entry stance = "Allied"/>
    <faction_attitude defense = "defend_minimal"/>
    </decision_entry>

</defend_decisions>
    at the end of invasion decisions
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

<!-- ========= CATHOLIC SPECIFIC ========= ++ -->
    <decision_entry>
    <!-- DON'T ATTACK PAPAL STATES UNLESS EXCOMMUNICATED -->
    <min_entry target_faction="papal_states"/>
    <max_entry target_faction="papal_states" excommunicated="false"/>
    <faction_attitude invade="invade_none" continue="false"/>
    </decision_entry>

<decision_entry>
    <!-- IF CEASE HOSTILITIES MISSION, DON'T ATTACK. 5% CHANCE TO DISOBEY -->
    <min_entry rand="0.05" has_ceasehostilities="true"/>
    <faction_attitude invade="invade_none" invade_priority="500" continue="false"/>
    </decision_entry>
    <!-- ===================================== ++ -->

</invasion_decisions>
    Vassals are broken in M2TW, once a faction becomes a vassal their AI shuts down completely. I'm not sure if that's what people want in their mods, generally speaking, I figured ceasefires are best.

Although not 100% necessary, in the case of a faction somehow managing to make an alliance with an opposing religion I'd advise you to add " <faction_attitude pts_alliance="-1" continue = "true"/>

For the end of invasion decisions your rand should be a max entry with 0.95

<decision_entry>
    <!-- IF CEASE HOSTILITIES MISSION, DON'T ATTACK. 5% CHANCE TO DISOBEY -->
    <min_entry has_ceasehostilities="true"/>
    <max_entry rand="0.95"/>
    <faction_attitude invade="invade_none" invade_priority="500" continue="false"/>
    </decision_entry>

Continue is false by default so you didn't need that in the previous invasion decision but that's me being nitpicky.
    Last edited by z3n; May 23, 2021 at 03:05 PM.
    The AI Workshop Creator
    Europa Barbaroum II AI/Game Mechanics Developer
    The Northern Crusades Lead Developer
    Classical Age Total War Retired Lead Developer
    Rome: Total Realism Animation Developer
    RTW Workshop Assistance MTW2 AI Tutorial & Assistance
    Broken Crescent Submod (M2TW)/IB VGR Submod (BI)/Animation (RTW/BI/ALX)/TATW PCP Submod (M2TW)/TATW DaC Submod (M2TW)/DeI Submod (TWR2)/SS6.4 Northern European UI Mod (M2TW)

@z3n
    Heaps of gratitute sir!
    I will get rid of vassalage then and fix the rand, alliances are ok - it's not that they should be impossible, just unlikely.

Is it just me or is the AI attacking less when they besieged the player/other factions and rather just wait it out until your settlement starves to death?

If that's the case what file and lines do I have to edit to make the AI attack more when they finally have all their siege equipment fully built and ready to attack?

If they dont have an absolutely overwhelming numbers advantage the AI sometimes prefers to wait. But I havent seen that myself yet, only been attacked directly rather than sieges.

There are numbers in the descr campaign db which can be modified in kingdoms and mods. I'm not sure the vanilla campaign accepts it.
    The AI Workshop Creator
    Broken Crescent Submod (M2TW)/IB VGR Submod (BI)/Animation (RTW/BI/ALX)/TATW PCP Submod (M2TW)/TATW DaC Submod (M2TW)/DeI Submod (TWR2)/SS6.4 Northern European UI Mod (M2TW)

Quote Originally Posted by z3n View Post
    If they dont have an absolutely overwhelming numbers advantage the AI sometimes prefers to wait. But I havent seen that myself yet, only been attacked directly rather than sieges.

There are numbers in the descr campaign db which can be modified in kingdoms and mods. I'm not sure the vanilla campaign accepts it.
    Ah so I take it these numbers are what you're referring to?

<!--CAMPAIGN ATTACK -->
    <att_str_modifier float = "0.75"/> <!-- modifies the effective attackers strength when determining the priority of making attack decision (i.e. att_def_strength_ratio = ((att_str*att_str_modifier)/def_str) -->
    <siege_att_str_modifier float="0.75"/> <!-- modifies the effective sieging attackers strength when determining the priority of making attack decision -->
    <crusade_att_str_modifier float = "1.0"/><!--modifies the effective crusading sieging attackers strength when determining the priority of making attack decision -->
    <sally_att_str_modifier float="0.75"/> <!-- modifies the effective sallying attackers strength when determining the priority of making attack decision -->
    <ambush_att_str_modifier float = "1.25"/><!--modifies the effective ambushing attackers strength when determining the priority of making attack decision -->
    <str_limit_weak float = "0.75"/> <!-- min ideal strength ratio modifier for determining when an army is far too weak for an attack ( att_def_strength_ratio < (ideal_str_ratio*str_limit_weak) ) -->
    <str_limit_strong float = "999.0"/> <!-- max ideal strength ratio modifier for determining when an army is far too strong for a fair attack ( att_def_strength_ratio > (ideal_str_ratio*str_limit_strong) ) -->
    <merchant_min_survival_acquire int = "75"/><!--the minimum survival chance for a merchant to consider attempting an acquisition -->

Edit: I think I just noticed the problem: <str_limit_strong float = "999.0"/>
    Last edited by Mike12096; May 17, 2021 at 01:32 PM. Reason: I noticed the problem.

Those <ai> values aren't in the descr_campaign_db vanilla file by default, they only entered the vanilla file after you overwrote it.
    The AI Workshop Creator

As an aside, I'm probably going to make one or two more updates within the next week or so. Hoping to finalize things, but maybe they're never 100% final.
    The AI Workshop Creator

Out of curiosity, have you considered removing the player's ability to pause battles? It really makes battles much more challenging, I have it set up to set the speed to 0.5 any time the player tries pausing. Even running at that speed it's much harder to totally dominate the AI like you can with pause, when things are still happening while evaluating a situation, it really makes battles more engaging.

Never tried that, how do you go about it?
    The AI Workshop Creator

It's actually a really simple script. Here's the one I use in campaign_script

Code:

monitor_conditions I_InBattle

if I_BattleSpeed < 0.5
                battle_set_speed 0.5f
            end_if

end_monitor
    The big downside with this is you can't pause at all, I think it would be better to check if the options (esc) scroll is open so you can let it pause that way, not sure how to do that though. For personal use it's no big deal so I haven't gotten around to figuring that out yet, but would before sharing as a playable mod.

Hello everyone, this AI is absolutely awesome, but i had the same problem that someone named before, i am playing on Vanilla, and Scotland just kind of stands there and launches very poor attacks to rebel settlements, besides that i haven´t seen anything else that bothers me, right now i wanted to play Stainless Steel 6.4 and installing Skynet as Campaing AI, i hope everyone is doing okey.

Icon3 Re: Skynet AI

Quote Originally Posted by Juaktus View Post
    Hello everyone, this AI is absolutely awesome, but i had the same problem that someone named before, i am playing on Vanilla, and Scotland just kind of stands there and launches very poor attacks to rebel settlements, besides that i haven´t seen anything else that bothers me, right now i wanted to play Stainless Steel 6.4 and installing Skynet as Campaing AI, i hope everyone is doing okey.
    Okey it probably was because i didn´t delete the "map.rwn" file i will try again, and see

Quote Originally Posted by Anthonydu33 View Post
    Thank you for this update Z3n ^^

A little feedback from me :

Papal State is very aggressive against Sicily from the 2nd or 3rd round (excomunion) in each game.
    Scotland is passive, does not try to take Inverness or Dublin in 20/30 turns

In which file can we boost Scotland ?
    Im playing as Milan and in turn 9 the Papal State attacked my city (Florence)

Some bugs from the original M2TW AI remain. Also if you don't like the papacy attacking I may be able to make a papacy AI label just for them.
    Although in CK3 they always attack other factions so maybe there's some historical aspect to it?
    The AI Workshop Creator

Personally i think the problem is the IA attacking the enemies of his ally, which is a very cool aspect but when you have an alliance with the papal states or your enemy has them as allies, you kind of enter and endless loop of the papal states declaring war, what i mean is that i managed to kill the pope several times, even once the pope was from my country, so i was constantly reconciliated, but attacked in little time, because the papal states was ally of my enemies, even if i had perfect relantionship with the pope.

Jadli's Avatar The Fallen God
    Gaming Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by z3n View Post
    As an aside, I'm probably going to make one or two more updates within the next week or so. Hoping to finalize things, but maybe they're never 100% final.
    So I see you uploaded the new version, and not just one, but two (+ bloodthirsty)

So what exactly did you change, what should be improved now and whats the main difference between the two?
    Last edited by Jadli; October 02, 2021 at 03:33 AM.

bitterhowl's Avatar Campidoctor

By the way, I released my beta version CAI for local Bellum Crucis mod as Longterm Goals Based Testing.

My sister, do you still recall the blue Hasan and Khalkhin-Gol?
    Russian warship is winning. Proofs needed? Go find yourself!

Jadli's Avatar The Fallen God
    Gaming Emeritus

Link?

One may be interested at novelty included - separate AI label for crusading state. I link it when general joins crusade. Have to say saw no difference in behavior but at least European Catholics stop internal wars for a moment. But maybe tests will show more and separate label has other advantages.