Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Dawn over Tamriel - The Merethic Era RP-IH

Pericles of Athens's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Default Re: Dawn over Tamriel - The Merethic Era RP-IH

Well this sucks, but as I posted before the data crash this little stint into a fantasy setting shows (I think) that we could pull off a LOTRs game if we had enough people.

Barry Goldwater's Avatar Mr. Conservative

Yep, and I did respond to that before TWC imploded. The basic gist of my post, as I recall, boiled down to: WoTR/Fall of Arnor/Kin-strife have all been done before by the Alliance and possibly CRPG guys, we might want to look into a First Age game (Silmarillion Total War's recent resurrection inspired this idea) or a Fourth Age one (inspired by the recent release of FATW's final build like 11 or 12 years after development first started, to which I say Glory Hallelujah ) instead. Of course, I probably won't host such a game until later this year, and you guys are more than welcome to host it yourselves ahead of me if you'd like; I'd rather pick TES up again if possible before moving on, and as I have said we only need a minimum of five players to get things rolling again as early as tomorrow since I remember what's been happening these past few turns (that & not too much happened after the New Years anyway).

Dirty Chai's Avatar Dux Limitis

I love First Age, and the concept of the Houses of the Edain migrating into Beleriand, discovering the western elves for the first time and each finding their own "place" amongst the Elves, Dwarves, and Angband etc.

Dan the Man's Avatar S A M U R A I F O O L
    Content Emeritus

Sorry guys, things got busy in that last week of break and will now be getting even more busy since I'm back at school. My involvement in basically everything is going to be severely hampered from now on.
    Proudly under the patronage of The Holy Pilgrim, the holiest of pilgrims.

Kip's Avatar Idea missing.

Sorry from me as well - lots of traveling the past couple weeks but I've been checking in on my phone. Back home to reliable wi-fi now. Very unfortunate about the data loss.

Perhaps this, coupled with players' absences, is a sign to try our oldest format - decision/issue-based gaming? It magics away a lot of the time-consuming bookkeeping and economic management, doesn't require oodles of time committed in front of the computer, and we can always inject our new emphasis on RP/writing by participating in public threads.

Pericles of Athens's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Quote Originally Posted by Kip View Post
    Perhaps this, coupled with players' absences, is a sign to try our oldest format - decision/issue-based gaming? It magics away a lot of the time-consuming bookkeeping and economic management, doesn't require oodles of time committed in front of the computer, and we can always inject our new emphasis on RP/writing by participating in public threads.
    Interesting suggestion Kippy, very interesting. Honestly, with the Spring semester starting next week it'd be impossible for me to participate in any kind of time consuming game for the next many months. Between school, work, my girlfriend, and TKE I'll hardly have any free time to myself for idle stuff.But if it were just a decision a week set up, perhaps.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234