Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast

Thread: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum 2.1b is released!

Default Re: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum 2.1b is released!

Congratulations guys, well done, I know there must be many of us who are not constantly posting in the forums but I for one am always anxiously awaiting the next step in your work, it is very much appreciated, will do some gaming and come back to report findings!

Amazing news, thank you all for your hard work and dedication.

Many ongratulations for the release!

Excellent timing. I just came back from work, got almost whole week free and need something to isolate me from the christmas madness.

Downloading now...and of course I'll be seeding.

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

I think I've already spotted a potential problem. The main download works just fine, the game seems to be working normally without the patch, yet the patch is perhaps not working right. Instead of taking 5-10 minutes to finish whenever I try to start a new campaign or custom battle, the game just crashes. But the second time I load it, everything loads just fine (well, the campaign at least, but not custom battles, although regular battles on the campaign map seem to be working okay for now). Since the game crashed and there was no 5-10 minute waiting period, I'm assuming my patch did not actually work and that it was interrupted. Can you guys confirm? Every crash has for some odd reason failed to produce a log. I'm assuming that's because it crashes right when I try to start a campaign.

clone's Avatar Primicerius

good job on the mod guys =) only two small questions
    1 does this version include spartan hopites
    2 will in the feature include a townhall-palace kind of building
    When a nation forgets her skill in war, when her religion becomes a mockery, when the whole nation becomes a nation of money-grabbers, then the wild tribes, the barbarians drive in... Who will our invaders be? From whence will they come?”
    Robert E. Howard

Great work guys

Tiro

Hello:

Hey Quintus, i dunno if asking this or suggesting it... But you may want to add to the first post the part that says about the requeriment of a clean mtw2 v1.5? install that the post of 2.0x series said to apply EBII v2.1b (If thats the case). I am guessing here. And since i did some installs in the 2.0x line some months ago i am assuming you need a clean mtw2 v1.5 intall now too, and thats what i am doing right now, once i have the EBII v2.1 files in my pc . I have looked for the 2.0x series reelase post and i cant see it, dunno if it has been deleted, unsticked or what, it could have some other tips needed previous to the EBII v2.1 install, or you ( the team) may have addressed all those things in the new installer.
    Ok off to my mtw2 v1.5 "clean" install + EBII 2.1 to start a... umhh hard choice here.. helenon?, makedonia?.. carthage?...campaign pufff dunno , it will be one of each just in case.

Regards:

Melvidh

PD: Seeded 8+ GB of EBII already, it seems like we are hungry about this release.

Quote Originally Posted by clone View Post
    good job on the mod guys =) only two small questions
    1 does this version include spartan hopites
    2 will in the feature include a townhall-palace kind of building
    1) no, there are no spartan hoplites in this one afaik
    2) what do you mean? city upgrades? those are done by upgrading the walls in mtw2 afair... but Quintus is probably better suited to answer this one in any case.

Quote Originally Posted by Roma_Victrix View Post
    I think I've already spotted a potential problem. The main download works just fine, the game seems to be working normally without the patch, yet the patch is perhaps not working right. Instead of taking 5-10 minutes to finish whenever I try to start a new campaign or custom battle, the game just crashes. But the second time I load it, everything loads just fine (well, the campaign at least, but not custom battles, although regular battles on the campaign map seem to be working okay for now). Since the game crashed and there was no 5-10 minute waiting period, I'm assuming my patch did not actually work and that it was interrupted. Can you guys confirm? Every crash has for some odd reason failed to produce a log. I'm assuming that's because it crashes right when I try to start a campaign.
    Is anyone else getting a campaign-start crash like this?

Have you tried reverting to bordered windowed mode in the config (that seemed to fix it for someone else)?

Quote Originally Posted by melvidh View Post
    Hello:

Hey Quintus, i dunno if asking this or suggesting it... But you may want to add to the first post the part that says about the requeriment of a clean mtw2 v1.5? install that the post of 2.0x series said to apply EBII v2.1b (If thats the case). I am guessing here. And since i did some installs in the 2.0x line some months ago i am assuming you need a clean mtw2 v1.5 intall now too, and thats what i am doing right now, once i have the EBII v2.1 files in my pc . I have looked for the 2.0x series reelase post and i cant see it, dunno if it has been deleted, unsticked or what, it could have some other tips needed previous to the EBII v2.1 install, or you ( the team) may have addressed all those things in the new installer.
    Ok off to my mtw2 v1.5 "clean" install + EBII 2.1 to start a... umhh hard choice here.. helenon?, makedonia?.. carthage?...campaign pufff dunno , it will be one of each just in case.

Regards:

Melvidh

PD: Seeded 8+ GB of EBII already, it seems like we are hungry about this release.
    Yeah, the 2.0x series needs to be uninstalled - it's based on 2.01.

All you need for 2.1b is M2TW 1.05 (working, run before installing), then 2.1 main file, plus the 2.1b patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Roma_Victrix View Post
    I get that problem, too. For whatever reason, the first time you start it crashes, even after the 5-10 minute wait. Afterward, it runs fine. However, if you have the version number 2.1B in the lower left on the main menu, then you have the patch. If you installed the patch to the right place, then it overwrote the old map.rwm, so you're not in danger of accidentally having the old info.

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    1) no, there are no spartan hoplites in this one afaik
    2) what do you mean? city upgrades? those are done by upgrading the walls in mtw2 afair... but Quintus is probably better suited to answer this one in any case.
    2 not city upgrades. simple a buildings that represents palaces
    When a nation forgets her skill in war, when her religion becomes a mockery, when the whole nation becomes a nation of money-grabbers, then the wild tribes, the barbarians drive in... Who will our invaders be? From whence will they come?”
    Robert E. Howard

Quote Originally Posted by myarta View Post
    I get that problem, too. For whatever reason, the first time you start it crashes, even after the 5-10 minute wait. Afterward, it runs fine. However, if you have the version number 2.1B in the lower left on the main menu, then you have the patch. If you installed the patch to the right place, then it overwrote the old map.rwm, so you're not in danger of accidentally having the old info.
    There is, however, the danger of it generating a broken map if it didn't finish properly. Does it crash before the loading screen comes up (which may mean the map is borked), or while the loading screen is processing (which means it probably isn't)?

The real test is this; could someone re-patch, and after the first crash, check in data\world\maps\base and check what map.rwm is there? If it's still the 0kb one, they the second attempt is fine. If, however, it's one with today's date and is under 13MB, it's probably corrupted.
    Last edited by QuintusSertorius; December 21, 2015 at 01:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    There is, however, the danger of it generating a broken map if it didn't finish properly. Does it crash before the loading screen comes up (which may mean the map is borked), or while the loading screen is processing (which means it probably isn't)?

The real test is this; could someone re-patch, and after the first crash, check in data\world\maps\base and check what map.rwm is there? If it's still the 0kb one, they the second attempt is fine. If, however, it's one with today's date and is under 13MB, it's probably corrupted.
    No, the crash is after the loading screen and the file is 13MB. For whatever reason even with a fresh map.rwm it crashes on the very first time through. I noticed that it also creates a preferences and saves folder, but I doubt that has anything to do with it.

No, the crash is after the loading screen and the file is 13MB. For whatever reason even with a fresh map.rwm it crashes on the very first time through. I noticed that it also creates a preferences and saves folder, but I doubt that has anything to do with it.
    i didnt have this crash (full screen) but when i started the game from the medieval 2 eb 2 launcher i had ctd. whe i started the game in /mods/eb2 launch the game started normally
    for me map rwm is 12 .796
    Last edited by clone; December 21, 2015 at 01:38 PM.
    Robert E. Howard

First impressions as Rome.
    Everything is working great, no crashes and problems.

The AI is amazing and holy ! Who do i have to thank for those new battle sounds?

I notice the Mistophoroi Hoplite info card still shows them wearing linothorax but the unit actually is a light hoplite in simple tunics.
    Other than that, all unit cards seem to be updated and look great.

Well done the E.B. 2 team. Played 30+turns as Epirus. No ctd`s.

Thanks for the help with the install guys, after much swearing at the Kingdoms stage I think I am up and running.
    How do I tell if the 2.1b patch has worked? My version now says 2.1b on the main screen, but I didn't get the expected 5-10 minute wait. I haven't had any crashes on start up like the others mentioned above, is there a noticeable difference at campaign start so I can work out if the patch has taken?

First impressions:

Its so freaking perfect.

Seriously.

And the UI overhaul, the menu and all. Was great.

No words to describe how good the mod is!!!!
    Then, as throngs of his enemies bore down upon him and one of his followers said, "They are making at thee, O King," "Who else, pray," said Antigonus, "should be their mark? But Demetrius will come to my aid." This was his hope to the last, and to the last he kept watching eagerly for his son; then a whole cloud of javelins were let fly at him and he fell.

-Plutarch, life of Demetrius.

Arche Aiakidae-Epeiros EB2 AAR

That sounds like the map should be fine, then. I seem to remember a similar crash if there was no preferences file.

Quote Originally Posted by romanius24 View Post
    I notice the Mistophoroi Hoplite info card still shows them wearing linothorax but the unit actually is a light hoplite in simple tunics.
    Other than that, all unit cards seem to be updated and look great.
    They're using a placeholder model (the unused "mercenary" Hoplitai Haploi skin) so there didn't seem a lot of point giving them a new info card when it isn't the final unit.

Quote Originally Posted by Lancastrius Maximus View Post
    Thanks for the help with the install guys, after much swearing at the Kingdoms stage I think I am up and running.
    How do I tell if the 2.1b patch has worked? My version now says 2.1b on the main screen, but I didn't get the expected 5-10 minute wait. I haven't had any crashes on start up like the others mentioned above, is there a noticeable difference at campaign start so I can work out if the patch has taken?
    It may not take as long as 5-10 minutes - it may be done in under 2 if you have a beefy machine. I have an old, weedy machine, so generating a map takes 5 minutes.