Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Third Age Total War for Mac: Now that Macs have M2?

Default medieval total war 2 mac app store third age

i have purchased the game for the app store and i want to play third age but I am stuck. also can someone post a link too it?
    p.s. i new to macs

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

Default Re: medieval total war 2 mac app store third age

Quote Originally Posted by bigbillie_500 View Post
    i have purchased the game for the app store and i want to play third age but I am stuck. also can someone post a link too it?
    p.s. i new to macs
    look here http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post14832064
    btw welcome to the forum
    greetings atthias
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

Default Re: Third Age Total War for Mac: Now that Macs have M2?

Hi, I have just download Medieval II: Collection (including Kingdoms) from Steam on my Macbook using Apple OS. I don't know how to make the mod work in the game. I've tried to find the containing files but can't see where i would place the mod and rename it as some people suggested. I've gone to library/application support/feral interactive/medieval total war II/ and then tried to find where the other campaign maps are and rename the mod to one of those, but i can't find them. I think I'm probably being an idiot but any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

yo dude everything to set up the mod is on the forums - just read the previous posts on this topic

Quote Originally Posted by orhuno View Post
    Ive spoken to feral and they said they will try to solve the problem for us - I've let them know that as far as we know its the gates which are causing the issues on the custom made maps for Third Age Total war - hopefully they can fix it for us and get back to me. Ill let you know as i get updates !
    any word from feral? :/

Hi guys! I'm new to the forum. I just installed TATW on my Macbook Air and I'm having lots of fun with it. Just like what you've posted before, none of the custom battle maps with settlements with gates work for me either. I am anxiously awaiting the patch that makes them compatible with OSX. In the meantime, has anyone gotten any of the submods (MOS and divide and conquer) to work on mac? I've tried downloading and installing both and I can't get either of them to work. MOS doesn't even start and divide and conquer crashes on the opening loading screen.

Hi, I've followed most steps but when I'm using the wineskin i have to install using the windows system and once installed both part 1 and part 2 i can't move it to my steam/medieval/mods location because can't find the original install location as it was in to c/programs files/Sega/Medieval, but as I'm using mac i can't find the C drive or sega folder. Sorry for being dump about that

it might be the volumes directory. Open up finder, under the go click on go to folder and type "/volumes" no quotations. I'm just guessing though I cant recall the default location. The other option would be to download findspace from the App Store and search for it that way.

For those who haven't installed it yet, create a folder on your desktop, i.e. default17.

then when you install the third age mod through wine change the path directory from c/programs files/sega/medieval to

"/users/whateveryourusernameis/desktop/default17"

no quotations

Quote Originally Posted by LittlJohn145 View Post
    any word from feral? :/

nothing Ill drop them another mail now though !!!

and guys i know you are all having trouble but i really don't know anything haha i just followed all the steps on this topic I literally have no idea how these people mod and and hopefully God blesses us with a TW Jesus to let us all play Third Age on ours Macs :p

I've followed all the steps to install on the app store version and the game loads but when I try to play the campaign I get an in game message "please select an item from the list". Also when I try and do a custom battle the game crashes. Does anyone know what I should do differently? It might be my computers too old.

Anyone know how to get mos to work on mac?

-=Need Help=- how to get Stainless steal to work on mac??since we cant play settlement im just going to try and play stainless steal till or if they fix it. pls help

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Ask in the SS' forum, both because this is the wrong place per definition, being the TATW forum, but also because that's where the other folk who might installed SS on a Mac may be found.

And best of luck

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Hi all,
    Follow these instructions to install total war via wine and steam: https://steamcommunity.com/app/4700
    Also, I downloaded wine through this website: http://www.davidbaumgold.com/tutorials/wine-mac/
    It will give you everything you need to install the mods. Furthermore, you need to rightclick on the medieval 2 in the library and go to properties and then set the advanced options to :--features.mod=mods jargin. You need to do this twice. Once, as I said before and again once you launch the game in the advanced options pane for medieval 2. The game should launch if you do all the steps correctly. However, no custom culture maps work for me. I am having the same problem. I can only play maps that don't have custom settlements. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by cbong32 View Post
    Hi all,
    Follow these instructions to install total war via wine and steam: https://steamcommunity.com/app/4700
    Also, I downloaded wine through this website: http://www.davidbaumgold.com/tutorials/wine-mac/
    It will give you everything you need to install the mods. Furthermore, you need to rightclick on the medieval 2 in the library and go to properties and then set the advanced options to :--features.mod=mods jargin. You need to do this twice. Once, as I said before and again once you launch the game in the advanced options pane for medieval 2. The game should launch if you do all the steps correctly. However, no custom culture maps work for me. I am having the same problem. I can only play maps that don't have custom settlements. Cheers
    Correction: third age total war should be there in place of total war in the first line

Quote Originally Posted by orhuno View Post
    Heres feral's reply:

Hi,

Thank you for your purchase of Medieval II.

We don't have full and detailed instructions for mods, but it should be possible to get them functioning on the Mac version in a similar way to Windows. We have successfully tried a few higher profile mods, such as 3rd Age.

Please use “--features.mod=mods/mod_folder_name" in the Steam launch options.

Things are liable to change on a mod-to-mod basis and some debugging may be required, but we believe that most mods should function.

We hope this information is useful.

Best regards,

Gerard
    ===============
    Gerard McAuley
    Feral Interactive Support
    Worldwide +44 (0)20 8875 9787
    USA 1-888-592-9925 (Toll Free)
    http://support.feralinteractive.com
    I have M2 through Steam on Mac. This is what I've done so far :
    -Steam>Medieval 2>Properties>Local Files>Medieval2Data>mods
    -file named 'third age_3'
    -Launch with Steam. Advanced '--features.mod=mods/third age_3'
    then it launches with the Third Age loading screen for a second before crashing.
    Can anyone help?

Anyone heard anything about getting the custom maps compatible and playable?

Quote Originally Posted by latelobster View Post
    I have M2 through Steam on Mac. This is what I've done so far :
    -Steam>Medieval 2>Properties>Local Files>Medieval2Data>mods
    -file named 'third age_3'
    -Launch with Steam. Advanced '--features.mod=mods/third age_3'
    then it launches with the Third Age loading screen for a second before crashing.
    Can anyone help?
    no idea mate

and no @00samwise00

Anyone knows anything about custom maps playable????

what you mean ?