Thread: Ambition

Default Ambition

DESCRIPTION

Ambition is a mod for Total War Shogun 2. Based on the work of uanime5, it brings countless new clans to defeat and new regions to conquer. Not only this, but the work of Hayabusa Sushi ensures that players will be experiencing an entirely new scenario than what is provided in the base game. Set in the period following the decisive Battle of Okehazama (1560), Ambition invites players to experience the very middle of the Sengoku period. Key daimyo such as Oda Nobunaga, Tokugawa Ieyasu, Takeda Shingen and Uesugi Kenshin face off in their attempts to expand under the weakening grip of the crumbling Ashikaga Shogunate and their Miyoshi and Matsunaga conspiritors. Ambition aims to provide players with the ultimate Total War Shogun 2 experience. To that end, this mod aims to bring a plethora of new content, whilst also attempting to maintain a sense of familiarity to players.

INSTALLATION
    To install Ambition:

1. Place the Ambition.pack file into your /Program Files/Steam/steamapps/common/Total War SHOGUN2/data/ directory.
    2. Run Shogun 2.
    3. When prompted, ensure there is a tick next to the Ambition.pack checkbox.
    4. Click Launch SHOGUN 2.
    5. Enjoy!

To deactivate Ambition:

• Untick the checkbox next to Ambition.pack when prompted after running Shogun 2.

To uninstall Ambition:

• Delete the Ambition.pack file from your /Program Files/Steam/steamapps/common/Total War SHOGUN2/data/ directory.

SCREENSHOTS
    Click to view

CREDITS
    Thanks to:
    • Hayabusa Sushi;
    • BullGod, for his amazing daimyo mod that makes the generals of Ambition so much better;
    • uanime5, for his incredible Expanded Japan mod upon which Ambition was based;

THANK YOU AND FAREWELL
    Thank you for downloading this mod. Many hours of work have gone into providing a fun experience for myself and for other Total War Shogun 2 players. It is a great honour that you are playing my mods and, if you haven’t already, be sure to check out my other campaigns for Shogun 2. However, I must announce that I am retiring from Shogun 2 modding. Many people probably assumed this was the case during my long period of inactivity. But this is officially the end of the Hayabusa mod series. It is very unlikely that my mods will be patched in the future.* So, thank you to everyone who has downloaded, played and enjoyed my mods. You guys are the best!

*Game-breaking bugs might be addressed if I feel up to it. But minor issues will probably be overlooked.

Last edited by Hayabusa Sushi; January 15, 2016 at 08:45 PM.

~ Click the image above to check out my mods ~
    Under the patronage of
    PikeStance

SharpEyed's Avatar Be Fair and Thankful!

Default Re: Ambition - Now Available!!

Hmm so you are retiring from modding Shogun 2 but do you plan to mod other games at all?

Default Re: Ambition

Hayabusa Sushi thank you for this wonderfully well balanced mod-it makes sense. Love playing it.

Great mod, tanx.

Just as a thought, it'd be pretty convenient if you added a start position map to tis thread and the other campaigns like you did with Tenka Fubu. Would make it easier to choose. :p

I was doing a campaing with the Takeda and in the year 1565 when it's the Ishida's clan turn the game crashes (I tried several times and it's always in their turn).

I loaded a previous save and seems to go fine for now. (I am unable to find the "edit" button, hence the double post...)

Awesome mod btw.

First, thank you for such a great mod. I admire you sir.

Some bug report for you.

1.I'm playing with Tokugawa clan and it's been nearly 80 turns. but S2 started to crash whenever I click clan management. Don't know why.
    (wasn't confirmed, but I think it crashes when I click clan management button when troop/unit/agent is moving)

2.East Totomi's basic region religion is set to Christianity 100% in the start.

3.I never tried hunting Black Ship, but it seems I can't start a battle with the black ship because 'declare war' button is turned grey. I can't click it.

Takeda clan can't attack Sanada and Suwa for same reason. Disabled Declare war! button says 'do not plunge your clan into war...' thingy.
    I can't declare war in diplomacy screen also. maybe diplomatic keys are missing? I think too many vassal clans are causing this issue.
    How about removing them from the game until you find fix?

And personal question - what happens if I set daimyo to immortal?
    I don't want main daimyos to die until their clan get destroyed, but I'm not doing it because I don't know what will happen next.
    Last edited by Torment1234; March 21, 2017 at 01:23 AM.

Is this mod stopped being updated...?

I looked around and I found almost 50%+ of clans were not historically correct as of 1560.
    I tried fixing it personally, but I couldn't do it with PFM.
    If only there's someone to help me, I can provide historical information to someone who can help me with it...
    For now, I barely understand basics of modding tools.

Clans destroyed before 1560
    Shoni
    Ouchi
    Murakami
    Kikkawa
    Uesugi(Yamanouchi and Ogigayatsu branch only)
    Hosokawa
    Asano
    Takato
    Sue
    Ogasawara
    Kyogoku
    Kobayakawa
    Suwa
    Koga-Ashikaga

Part of other clans(being a vassal looks unnatural), or just shouldn't be there

Sanada and Kiso - Takeda vassal, were not independent clan
    Sogo and Atagi - Both lords are simply relatives of Miyoshi Chokei, were not independent clan at all
    Udono and Asahina - Imagawa vassal, were not independent clan
    Shibata and Hachisuka - Oda vassal, were not independent clan
    Akechi - In 1560, Akechi mitsuhide was wandering Ronin with no land, looking for lord to serve.
    Kanbe - vassal of Kitabatake, was not independent clan
    Both colored Hojo - not independent clan, just relatives of Hojo Ujiyasu. Why vassal?
    Honjo and Naoe - not independent clan, Uesugi vassal
    Ii - with hostile relationship with Imagawa, for Imagawa assassinated Ii Naochika(Clan leader) for conspiring with Tokugawa.
    Honda - not independent clan, Tokugawa vassal
    Tachibana - Famous general of Otomo Sorin(Yoshishige).
    Osaki - Vassal of Date('vassal' will be fine, for independence was not completely lost)
    Honma - Usually depicted as part of Uesugi clan in games in this era
    Seki - Kitabatake vassal

Yoshimi, Seki, Kii, Noshima, Shiga, Sho, Wachi, Ichinomiya, Yura, Kikuchi, Tsuchimochi, Sugi, Ichinomiya, Ishida, Akizuki, Ido, Akizuki
    Last edited by Torment1234; March 23, 2017 at 09:27 AM.

WhiskeySykes's Avatar Miles

These are Hayabusa Sushi's final versions. He's retired, so no more updates.

Now, changing the start date requires changes in startpos.esf. I can turn the start date back to 1545 for you, or I can help you do it yourself. If you're interested, follow this tutorial verbatim to convert the esf into xml format.

Once you've unpacked the esf, the directory you're looking for looks like this:

and I'll help you find the start dates you need to change.

Last edited by WhiskeySykes; March 23, 2017 at 01:00 PM. Reason: ps
    Shogun 2 Mods:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Thank you but I believe I never said anything about changing starting year...?
    I see many clans shouldn't be there in 1560, that's all. (Japan in this mod looks more like 1545 Japan except Tokugawa and Oda)

But I appreciate your help! for you just gave me answer I need.
    (I tried 'unpacking' ambition.pack, but I didn't know how to unpack startpos.esf into raw data)
    I will try unpacking and editing startpos.esf. Thank you SO much, WhiskeySykes!

--------------
    I did exactly everything following that tutorial, but that tutorial does not provide me with raw data inside startpos.esf.
    I need either way to unpack/extract already existing startpos.esf for TWeak, or raw data to edit. I failed to edit startpos.esf with PFM properly.

For your info : more precisely, these are my goal.
    1.Removing some clans and generals from Ambition, and changing many region ownership.
    2.Editing generals' data(name, age...)
    3.Making or moving some armies into right place.

Targets are usually historically incorrect clans(destroyed before 1560, shouldn't be there, etc...) and unnecessary vassals.
    I have historical data for this, but I couldn't edit or unpack startpos.esf with PFM, and I don't have raw data. Also, that tutorial doesn't work for me.

I need contents of startpos.esf in the form of 'db' folder so I can do something with TWeak - Table launcher.
    So far, I could do this right only with TWeak...and I need raw data for that.

4.(If possible. I want to make mod serving this purpose only)Changing some clan specialties, and region specialties.

I'm only trying to do something about 1 2 and 3 for now. for 4, I think I should do this later in another mod.

+ Actually, I was working on raw data I received from uanime5 to make 1560 scenario, and I found out there is Ambition mod for it already!
    My idea was exactly same thing but I don't have the that skill of Hayabusa Sushi. So I'm trying to add some historical details to it.
    Last edited by Torment1234; March 24, 2017 at 05:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Torment1234 View Post
    I did exactly everything following that tutorial, but that tutorial does not provide me with raw data inside startpos.esf.
    I need either way to unpack/extract already existing startpos.esf for TWeak, or raw data to edit. I failed to edit startpos.esf with PFM properly.

For your info : more precisely, these are my goal.
    1.Removing some clans and generals from Ambition, and changing many region ownership.
    2.Editing generals' data(name, age...)
    3.Making or moving some armies into right place.

4.(If possible. I want to make mod serving this purpose only)Changing some clan specialties, and region specialties.

+ Actually, I was working on raw data I received from uanime5 to make 1560 scenario, and I found out there is Ambition mod for it already!
    My idea was exactly same thing but I don't have the that skill of Hayabusa Sushi. So I'm trying to add some historical details to it.
    You'd rather keep the start year and remove the clans, than simply move the start year back to a point in time when those clans existed? I see, so you have ideas in mind for a comprehensive, 1560 scenario.

On number 1, you can change region ownership in the startpos.xml, eliminating those pesky, anachronistic clans entirely. You just need to know clan id's.

For number 4, you absolutely must edit the startpos. You should have the xml's you need, if you followed the tutorial. Go to nested, go to region_slots, and scroll all the way down to region specialties. Maybe you can start with 4 first, because its the easiest change you want to make?
    Shogun 2 Mods:

Wow, and I thought this forum was not active. How stupid I was...Thank you for your help!!

but I don't have those xml's I need. I see only some part of startpos. (few xml files in folders, and no 'region-slots' folder whatsoever)
    again, I followed that tutorial but I think something is wrong with it. and I can't double-check my process because no screenshot is available from that post.
    (many image from this particular website is unavailable. Not sure if it's only me or same for everyone else)

I think I NEED raw data Hayabusa Sushi worked with...because I can handle TWeak, and I can change data more easily.

I completely failed to edit those data with PFM. For unknown reason, S2TW is crashing whenever I try Ambition mod I edited.
    and I need 2 and 3 also, which I don't thing I can do with PFM...

For example, I don't know how to modify armies, or edit characters in PFM because I see only ID's and stuff.
    But in TWeak, I can see and change any character data(name, age, family relationship...) and army setting is way more easier.

Is there ANY way to contact Hayabusa Sushi? Or anybody participated in Ambition project, or have raw data of it?

+I believe you are telling me to learn that tool because you think I can unpack ambition.pack and startpos.esf into the form of raw data by myself, but I couldn't.
    I don't think that tool is working with me. Or, if you can unpack ambition.pack like you said, would you share it with me?

+Actually, I have raw data of expanded Japan mod by uanime5 I was working with.
    But I need Ambition raw data because Ambition has many features I can't handle(new daimyo models, etc...)

Darn, if only developer of this mod was still active...

Indeed, Hayabusa Sushi was a legend. I've only seen him post once, and that was just to comment on Master of Ambition's progress. He's moved on in life... We can only try and keep Shogun 2 modding alive. Part of that is supporting each other as best we can

I'll make some screenies for Akaie's tutorial, and those specific to the paths you need to make your changes. They'll be up on the boards around 10 pm E.S.T. However, if you need Ambition's raw data, I don't know how to help you there. (I'm embarrassed to say this, but I've never successfully used the official tools in my life.) Sorry, Torment.
    Shogun 2 Mods:

Nah, you did wonderful job, WhiskeySykes. Thank you.

Or I can try unpacking/extracting other resources from Ambition mod, and then pack my own startpos.esf with it. I think I should give it a try.

That may work, but if it doesn't, I went ahead and uploaded new pics for Akaie's tutorial. Good luck.
    Shogun 2 Mods:

Not sure if you got the message, so I'm writing that here too.

I made tons of changes with TWeak, but I can't export binary.

Export changes to binary - "No changes to export"

Export single table(s) - I see only 2 startpos tag, but I made 6~7 startpos changes.
    (start_pos_faction_effect_bundles, start_pos_family_relationships)

I have db files I made changes, but I can't export them for this errors. Arrrgh! so hard to learn modding.
    Do you have any idea what's wrong with my data?

----
    god damn it, I clicked disconnect and connected it again and my whole data is gone in the wind...
    I DON'T know why, but whole db is reverted back into new, original data when I disconnected TWeak.

I think ONLY option here is finding someone with modding skill and providing him with my historical data.
    I got backup data, but I don't think I can do it right.
    Can you help me doing it?

I got full list of regions / settlements / characters(age, family tree...) and clans which is historically correct.
    I need someone to simply put those data into Ambition mod because I spent days on it and failed.
    Last edited by Torment1234; March 25, 2017 at 04:12 AM.

I'm encountering an error in which the Kaizoku Pirates and the Portuguese cannot be attacked. I'm at "peace" with both of theme, and when I try to attack them the option is greyed out. None of the npc factions can attack them either.

http://i.imgur.com/wP89Chy.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/gAwYyL4.jpg

Has anyone else faced this issue? I'd love to keep using this mod, however it's kind of a glaring issue when there's a fleet amassed around pirates that never leave because they can't attack.

http://i.imgur.com/AHWJ64A.jpg

It suppose to be a 12 turns per year mod? Cuz i only have 4 turns per year