Thread: Proposed Ammendment.

Cobra's Avatar Earl of Boof

Amendment 1

An amendement about amendments:
    What I am about to propose, may already be there, but here you go.

Part A:
    - All votes will be ratified by a 25 vote count unless otherwise deemed by the Triumvirate.
    - In any voting, the time span duration will be exactly 168 hours.
    Both issues must be fulfilled, corect?
    If not, I propose that both must happen before a closed vote. Otherwise, one could just rush in 25 votes one way.

Part B:

- On the issue of re-voting and recounts, only one try, so make it count. People who post votes in the Curia that have been posted before without the Triumvirate will be warned once, on a second offense, the account twill be deleted. This is a strong point because this is our government, it is important and not to be fooled around with.
    I propose that it be made once every 6 months, say, a year later, a thing is necessary, but it could be related or tied to a previous loss, and thrown out.

EDIT
    If this is 3rded, I guess we put it to vote in two days.

WHICH brings me to my next point,
    the actual proposal of amendments, what is the process?
    I suggest system where you make a topic, like such,
    and after a couple of days to be discussed, they work out a wording and stuff and put it to vote.
    Perhaps a neccesary system of 2nding as well, perhaps one needs to be by a curator?

2nd

EDIT::

emperor, dont second here, vote on it later..lets leave this for proposed ammendments only....that goes for everyone..but while im at it, good idea cobra...part A-> those are in already Part B -> will be voted on...

Thank you,
    Boris Pavlov Grozny
    Curator
    Former Patron of: Sbsdude, Bgreman, Windblade, Scipii, Genghis Khan, Count of Montesano, Roman American, Praetorian Sejanus

My time here has ended. The time of the syntigmata has ended. Such is how these things are, and I accept it. In the several years I was a member of this forum, I fought for what I considered to be the most beneficial actions to enrich the forum. I regret none of my actions, and retain my personal honor and integrity.
    Fallen Triumvir

Anibal Barca

3rd, and on recalls/revotes I suggest: only the Triumvirate and/or Praetors, in majority, can recall it before the 6month period.

Amendment 2

Amendment on introducing propositions

-if every vote will be equal, the rules on introducing new propositions shouldn't.

Any individual can introduce a new proposition in the Curia. The Admins will be able to block it, and only if in majority (2-1 or 3-0). The Praetors can also block it but only by consensus. If a Praetor/Admin happens to be absent, until a 3day period has passed after the proposition has been introduced, his vote is considered null. There will be two exceptions though:

1- If the new proposition involves a Admin (i.e., demotion/election/suspension), only the Praetors can introduce that proposition, in majority

2- If the new proposition involves a Praetor/Quaestor (i.e., demotion/ election/ suspension), only the Admins can introduce that proposition, in majority

Any individual can post in any proposition.

all these amendments look great, and yes, there shoudl be a place just for amendmends and with in each amendement, a place to discuss it.

I think both amendments are fine and I am eager to put them to work, as well as very happy at the way you guys are presenting them , very profesional, but right now im studying my a$$ of for a differential equiations exam.

Im checking in periodically to see that chaos hasnt erupted and pandemonium has taken hold.

I will do some revamping here later tonight or tommorow. So far, I am very happy with the process. BTW, i will tack on the names of the people who get ammendments passed to the constitution its only fair...

Thank you,
    Boris Pavlov Grozny
    Curator

P.S. - nice new avatar NM.
    He that will not reason is a bigot, He that cannot reason is a fool, He that dares not reason is a slave.